Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars: Detours

<< < (3/8) > >>

Brian:
I'm with the majority here as well, not so sure about this.  If it is indeed the same as the "Galactic Heroes" show, I could see that being ok.  Our daughter loves the Marvel Super Hero Squad show, and although I'm sure it doesn't appeal to older fans - it is a nice way to introduce little ones to that "universe".  If it is a seperate thing, I'm not so sure.  I really enjoyed both of the Robot Chicken specials, and I'm ok with Star Wars humor in that way - a couple of specials every year (or even one a year) like Robot Chicken and Family Guy have been doing.  If it was a regular series, I'm not so sure.  It has the potential to make Star Wars a joke, and not just show the humor from Star Wars if you know what I mean.  If they want to keep expanding the Star Wars animated/television universe, I'd rather see a CW-styled toon set in the Original Trilogy time period or something.

Brian:
Just watched the trailer for this (and I think some other footage was shown at CVI).  From the Robot Chicken team:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/08/24/star-wars-celebration-vi-star-wars-detours-new-from-robot-chicken-team/

Looks kind of funny, I'm looking forward to it.

McMetal:
Is this the long-rumored kid's show Seth Green was supposed to be doing?

Brian:
Yeah, it is Seth Green (and team Robot Chicken)'s show, but I'm not sure if it is so much a kid's show as an "all ages" sort of things.  I thought the trailer and clips released looked kind of good, and it was nice to see some OT characters in animated form as well.  Something fun anyways.  The trailer and some clips shown here, I sort of liked the Han/Chewie one:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/First_Look_Star_Wars_Detours_147679.asp

Pete_Fett:
I'm gonna pass - I love the Robot Chicken stuff, but this looks like Robot Chicken, minus the stop-motion animation and the humor...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version