Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars: Detours

<< < (2/8) > >>

Scott:
I really can't stand Seth Green.  That said, the Robot Chicken episodes are pretty funny.  That also said, I'm with Darby.  Continually making fun of the thing has to potential to backfire.

Jesse James:
Pretty much the same thoughts from me... 

For me, the "fun" of Star Wars is largely rooted in its military story that most of it centers around...  It's the Civil War happening around the characters of Gone with the Wind, and that central event draws me in more just from my own personal circle of interest(s), and so the "humor" side of Star Wars is fun to me but it can get old fast to me too.

I'm interested though...  The perspective sounds the most interesting, coming from the mundane...  The farmer, the factory worker, the office worker...  ICMG's perspective (if you take the "he's a rebel" backstory out, and just assume he's a miner carrying mining equipment).

speedermike:
The impression that I got from another article, was that this show would skew a little younger than Clone Wars.  I think that while TCW is a fantastic show, it's appealing to older veiwers.  In fact, my boys, who are 5 1/2 and 4, aren't that into it.  And it's pretty violent, so I don't let them see every episode.  I think that this new show will be more along the lines of Super Hero Squad, which uses the Marvel universe as a jumping off point for humor.

chap:

--- Quote from: speedermike on April  6, 2010, 01:11 AM ---The impression that I got from another article, was that this show would skew a little younger than Clone Wars.  I think that while TCW is a fantastic show, it's appealing to older veiwers.  In fact, my boys, who are 5 1/2 and 4, aren't that into it.  And it's pretty violent, so I don't let them see every episode.  I think that this new show will be more along the lines of Super Hero Squad, which uses the Marvel universe as a jumping off point for humor.

--- End quote ---

I think I would be okay with something like that.  But if its anything like family guy I'll be mad.  Family guy is funny, until you figure out that every episode is the same...

Jeff:

--- Quote from: speedermike on April  6, 2010, 01:11 AM ---I think that this new show will be more along the lines of Super Hero Squad, which uses the Marvel universe as a jumping off point for humor.
--- End quote ---

It's my understanding that this show and the rumored "Galactic Hereos" inspired show are two separate things.  That could be wrong though and they could be the same, but most rumor reports say they are two separate shows.  I guess we have to wait and see...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version