Author Topic: GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line  (Read 5398 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2021, 08:51 PM »
Ok it doesn’t seem like a lot of people here collect these, but a pretty good showing from the Joe team at Pulse Con today. Nice looking Classified reveals (seem to really just be going all in on classic designs, which is great), the return of O-ring figures, and their first Haslab - the Skystriker!

As for reveals:

Storm Shadow (version 1)
Spirit and Freedom
Cobra BAT
Tiger Force Outback
Python Patrol Viper
Python Patrol BAT

Storm Shadow is of course amazing, as is Spirit, but I was surprised by how much I am excited for Outback and Croc Master. They look fantastic.

The O-ring stuff looks cool too, and I’m curious if this will lead to them replacing the other 25th style “retro” figures. I noticed all figures included with the Skystriker are in the old style.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 1, 2022, 07:00 PM »
Doesn’t look like anyone else is really visiting this thread, but I thought the Joe team had a nice showing today. I appreciate the variety of characters on the way, and they all look pretty great. Up for preorder today:

Serpentor with chariot (exclusive)
Cover Girl
Outback
Falcon
Crimson BAT
Barbecue (Marauders)

And then on the way further down the road:

Torpedo
Bazooka
Rock N Roll
Shipwreck
Copperhead

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 12:06 PM »
Hey Brian, I still check in here and appreciate the info!

I had to forego collecting this line but have always thought they looked really cool. This week I took advantage of GameStop’s 50% off clearance sale and picked up Baroness, Lady Jaye, and 2 different Scarlets for under $40, tax included. Hard to pass that up, and they are even more impressive after opening them all.

I figure worst case they could make for some cool SW customs…
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2023, 11:51 AM »
Torpedo
Bazooka
Rock N Roll
Shipwreck
Copperhead

All of these look pretty amazing.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2023, 11:53 AM »
Scrap Iron, too.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 03:01 PM »
I've started picking up some of these.  Wish those Target exclusives weren't so expensive on the secondary market.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 4, 2024, 07:37 AM »
I am 50/50 on my feelings for this line.  I am 50% sad I did not get in at the beginning, and 50% happy that my wallet hasn't taken the beating from it. 

The new stuff coming soon looks so outstanding.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 4, 2024, 09:38 AM »
I've grown on these.  I like the modern takes on the figures they've done. I think some of my favorites are Scrap Iron, Firefly, and Tunnel Rat so far... off the top of my head.

And if the cycle is like it was in the 80s, I'm nearing the end of my collecting days since Star Wars hasn't capture much love from me lately (granted Star Wars in the 80s was pretty much over after Jedi).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 4, 2024, 10:30 AM »
I am 50% sad I did not get in at the beginning, and 50% happy that my wallet hasn't taken the beating from it. 

Yeah, I look at some of them and regret not buying in (love that Tripwire set), but then look at my collecting space and realize I would have no where to put them anyway without unloading even more stuff.  It is fun to follow along with the line though.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 4, 2024, 01:21 PM »
The H.I.S.S. looks amazing and they unveiled a Cobra MMS set to go along with it that also looked pretty awesome.  I saw some marketing shots for Duke and it just looks so well done.

Then I look at the boxes of 25th stuff sitting in my garage and I'm reminded why it may be better to just be a spectator.  LOL.