Collectibles > Shadows of the Dark Side

Jabba's Throne w/Oola

(1/74) > >>

iFett:
Sounds like we may not be getting a dias for Jabba according to Yak's qna.   :-\  At least Oola is new though...It will be interesting to see what this is priced at, but I would have paid a decent amount of change for an updated throne/dias.

Q2) Rumors are swirling of a new Oola being offered as a pack in for the new Jabba the Hutt battle pack, I for one surely welcome the idea. Hypothetically, if that is the case, would/could she be in a reclining sculpt similar to the recent Slave Leia or do you plan on offering a fully ambulatory sculpt? If not, what if you had a the reclining version as the battle pack pack-in and then offered a fully articulated one in the basic "Vintage" line later down the road as you'd already have a completed sculpt for the head, arms and torso? Also regarding the Jabba Battle Pack, would it be out of the question to throw in one or two of those court denizens from the 2004 Ultra/Deluxe Saga pack namely Bubo and/or Wol Cabasshitte? Jabba needs his buddies!

A2: You are right in that a new Oola is coming with Jabba. However, this was an expensive pack for us to produce so we concentrated on a new nicely articulated Oola, but no secondary sculpts or other accessories could be put in. We know you'll enjoy the end result - we think it's fantastic and well worth the wait.

Jayson:

--- Quote from: iFett on April  8, 2010, 03:45 PM ---Sounds like we may not be getting a dias for Jabba according to Yak's qna.   :-\  At least Oola is new though...It will be interesting to see what this is priced at, but I would have paid a decent amount of change for an updated throne/dias.

Q2) Rumors are swirling of a new Oola being offered as a pack in for the new Jabba the Hutt battle pack, I for one surely welcome the idea. Hypothetically, if that is the case, would/could she be in a reclining sculpt similar to the recent Slave Leia or do you plan on offering a fully ambulatory sculpt? If not, what if you had a the reclining version as the battle pack pack-in and then offered a fully articulated one in the basic "Vintage" line later down the road as you'd already have a completed sculpt for the head, arms and torso? Also regarding the Jabba Battle Pack, would it be out of the question to throw in one or two of those court denizens from the 2004 Ultra/Deluxe Saga pack namely Bubo and/or Wol Cabasshitte? Jabba needs his buddies!

A2: You are right in that a new Oola is coming with Jabba. However, this was an expensive pack for us to produce so we concentrated on a new nicely articulated Oola, but no secondary sculpts or other accessories could be put in. We know you'll enjoy the end result - we think it's fantastic and well worth the wait.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I read it that way. I think when they said secondary sculpts or accessories they might have been referring to my inquiry about the extra court denizens. I would consider the dais a primary accessory in this case. But who knows, I've been wrong before.  :-X

Jeff:
Yeah, I read it like Jayson - I think that statement was Hasbro's way of squishing the one-time rumors that a Jawa and/or fan are also coming in the pack. 

The dais/throne better be in there... if they are already talking "expensive pack" and it's only Jabba and Oola?  Man, would there be some serious hating going on in the forums.    :P

Jayson:
No Dais = EPIC FAIL  ::)  :P

Jesse James:
Agreed, I didn't necessarilly read it as no Dais, but you never know anymore.  Cost-cutting is rampant, and at times pretty major/negative.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version