Author Topic: Jabba's Throne w/Oola  (Read 208876 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Throne w/Oola
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00 PM »
I wish that were the case in my neck of the woods, I've been hitting five WalMarts every morning and so far nothing.

Good to hear that there are plenty on the shelves once they do indeed get him in. This is one of the exclusives I'm really excited about getting.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Hit another Walmart in the beginnings of a reset today, and they had a shelf tag (no product) for this item showing a $34.97 price point. WTF? You have to pay and extra $4 if you live across town?  ::)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55 PM »
It appears that Jabba is now more than he is worth.

I kinda had a feeling that this was going to happen. But, like JTA points out, isn't this more Walmart's fault than Hasbro's? ::)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:55 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2010, 11:12 PM »
Any pricehike sucks, but $3's hardly worth going ape**** over either, on something most people were ecstatic to find out was $35-ish. 

Will it keep creeping up?  I don't know.  Maybe it's at what it's at for good?  This is 100% WM though...  They set the prices.  Hasbro set the minimum and WM is apparantly raising it.  *shrugs*  I don't see where anyone could possibly question this, unless Hasbro came out and said, "oh by the way, we made WM pay more for it".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2010, 12:32 AM »
I would say this is surprising, and believe me it does suck, but I did read an article the other day talking about how WM was raising prices on pretty much everything they sell... kind of explains the Clone Wars basic figs being the same price as the Vintage figures at $8. Whodathunk that TARGET would be the ones with the cheapest prices?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Will it keep creeping up?  I don't know.  Maybe it's at what it's at for good?  This is 100% WM though...  They set the prices.  Hasbro set the minimum and WM is apparantly raising it.  *shrugs*  I don't see where anyone could possibly question this, unless Hasbro came out and said, "oh by the way, we made WM pay more for it".

I honestly don't care either way as this is an item I have zero interest in purchasing, the thing that gets me is that I have seen displays for $38.88 and $34.97 at 2 different Walmarts less than 20 miles apart. I mean, they can't even be consistent with the pricing in the same zip code?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: August 13, 2010, 12:11 PM »
I'm not sure what the **** happened with WalMart on this but just listening to a random sample of Twin Cities Wally Worlds, about 2/3 of the stores are not even carrying this or the AT-AT.  What really makes no sense to me is that there really is no rhyme or reason to it.  Some small stores get them and some large stores haven't...it is also maddening to see what stores do and do not carry in general. 

It absolutely amazes me that this ****hole is beating and exceeding Target's sales, because they have their heads shoved so far up their asses it isn't even funny

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2010, 01:25 PM »
It appears that Jabba is now more than he is worth.

I kinda had a feeling that this was going to happen. But, like JTA points out, isn't this more Walmart's fault than Hasbro's? ::)

Not sure if anyone has looked at this angle, but has this price change been verified chain wide?  I have not seen Jabba yet, but I have seen the shelf tags and even a planogram at WalMart.  And those had the $34.97 price point. 

Truth be told, other retailers have different pricing for some select stores.  I've seen it at both Target and Toys R Us.  And now it looks like this trend might be carrying forward with WalMart, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Arctic Ackbar

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Certified Lego-aholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2010, 03:35 PM »
How about finding one today with a shelf tag of the $34 price to find it ring up at the $38 price at the register?  That was my situation today.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I'm not sure what the **** happened with WalMart on this but just listening to a random sample of Twin Cities Wally Worlds, about 2/3 of the stores are not even carrying this or the AT-AT.  What really makes no sense to me is that there really is no rhyme or reason to it.  Some small stores get them and some large stores haven't...it is also maddening to see what stores do and do not carry in general. 

It absolutely amazes me that this ****hole is beating and exceeding Target's sales, because they have their heads shoved so far up their asses it isn't even funny

I'm with you on this Scott.  We had a day off today, so I stopped by each of our 3 WMs in town.  Only one had a spot for this (and the AT-AT), and they didn't have it in stock.  Of course, that was the one that was furthest away that I rarely get to as well.  Our local store was finally in the middle of re-setting (the aisle was set, but not much of the stuff was out yet), with no spot for Jabba or the AT-AT.  I really hope that Jabba shows up online, I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I paid $38.88 for my Jabba... but at the same time I bought a new DCIH figure that rang up at the incorrect $3.50 clearance price (50% off), so I guess it all evened out in the end for me. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I went back to where I got my Jabbas nearly 10 days ago, and they were just finishing up putting out the new SW stuff. No more Jabbas (although the woman there said she thought they would get some in a couple of days). But they had increased the price to $38.88. Kind of lame that only a very small number of people were able to purchase them at the original price. It's still a reasonable price for what you get though.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2010, 10:55 AM »

QFT

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2010, 11:46 AM »
I went to three more Wal Marts this weekend and didn't find any sign of it... no shelf tag, nothing. 

Can this thing be bought online?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2010, 12:44 PM »
It's amazing how inconsistent WM is with their exclusives.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."