Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)  (Read 7922 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2014, 05:49 PM »
I finally finished Feast of Crows this week.  I'm going to download Dance with Dragons on my iPad next.  Looking forward to getting the other characters POVs.  I thought the note at the end of FoC was funny that next book was coming soon (dated 2005). 

Online Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2014, 06:01 PM »
LOL!  It's almost three years since A Dance with Dragons was released.  Before that, it had been six years since A Feast for Crows was published.  And there was a five year gap between AFFC and the third book in the series, A Storm of Swords.

I think we may still be waiting a little while for The Winds of Winter.  Although I do get the sense that the HBO series may have lit a fire under George R.R. Martin's ass.  I do get the sense that TWoW is going to be released before the HBO series catches up with the books.  But I'm not as optimistic about that happening with A Dream of Spring.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2014, 06:45 AM »
Finally finished the last book. Have to say, it's going to be a long wait with wondering about my favorite character with his cliffhanger.  :-\ can only imagine the anger for those have been waiting in between each release.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #154 on: June 8, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I heard the quote was along the lines of "ask me when I'm half-way done with book 7 if there will be book 8."  Nothing definitive.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #155 on: June 8, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I guess that is a little better. 

Online Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 8, 2014, 08:07 PM »
I'm fine if it goes to book 8.  I figured that book 6 was not going to be released this year.  But here's hoping for next year.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Online Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2014, 02:56 PM »
Stopped in a Barnes & Noble today, and saw the new George R.R. Martin collection, ROGUES which came out last week.  It's a collection of short stories penned by GRRM, Neil Gaiman, and a few other authors.  There's one story penned by Martin that deals with some of the earlier Targaryens.  I was genuinely tempted to buy it.  But then I thought better of it, and I'll probably download it for my iPad.  I can't fathom buying such a cumbersome hardcover book.  Especially if I'm really only interested in one particular story.

Feedback