Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Game of Thrones (HBO)

<< < (116/189) > >>

Nicklab:
The whole concept of the unknown made Sunday night's episode a whole lot more intriguing.  There was a sense of legitimate danger in not knowing how most of the plot was going to proceed.

The events in Dorne were some of the most interesting.  I wasn't surprised about Trystane at all, since he met a gruesome fate in A Dance With Dragons.  Having the Sand Snakes involved in that definitely made them seem much more threatening than I have ever perceived them in the books.  As did the events in the Water Gardens, and THAT was a big surprise.

Castle Black seemed like a far more dangerous place than it did last season.  Even with the battle for the gate.  Thorne seems intent on leading the Night's Watch.  But he doesn't seem like he has the full support of the men.  On the flipside, I'm glad to see that it's Davos who is helping Dolorous Ed and the others.  And the Melisandre revelation?  WHOA.  But it also put a major damper on my crush for Carice Van Houten.  I think we're in store for a lot more once Dolorous Ed gets back to Castle Black with whomever he's bringing.

It looks like things may be coming to a head soon in the North.  The Boltons seem legitimately concerned about holding the North.  Roose seems intent on expanding his power base.  That seems to include making sure that Ramsay is kept in check and unsure of his own future.  Theon seems to have stepped up significantly since he killed Ramsey Bolton's girlfriend and rescued Sansa.  And seeing Brienne step in with Pod to take out those Bolton men was fantastic.  That scene alone was infinitely better than everything Gwendoline Christie did in her role as Captain Phasma in The Force Awakens.  But I think the best part of the scene was actually when Brienne took her vows to protect Sansa.  She was so earnest in offering her service.  And likewise, it was great seeing the realness of Podrick helping Sansa recite her part of the vows.

Nicklab:
Wondering how tonight's episode will pan out.  The Melisandre reveal was a bit of a shock, despite the hints that have been made throughout the books at the show.  And what becomes of Davos, the loyal members of the Night's Watch, Ghost, and the body of Jon Snow?

And then there's the Khaleesi.  It didn't take long for the Dothraki who captured her to snap to and treat her with the respect befitting a Khaleesi.  But will they force her to stay in Vaes Dothrak, like the other widows of fallen Khals, and take her place among the Dosh Khaleen?  Danaerys managed to sway Drogo, but that seemed to be largely because they were married.  While I've suspected for some time that Danaerys might lead the Dothraki to Westeros, this situation is different.  And it leaves me wondering how she will be able to convince them to do that.

There's also the matter of a shot that was in one of the trailers for this season.  It showed a knight in what looked like Targaryen King's Guard armor fighting someone who looked like a Stark bannerman.  It looked a lot like a possible flashback to the Tower of Joy!

McMetal:
YES!!  ;D

I knew it, I KNEW IT, I freaking knew it.

Total TV awesomeness overload.

Oh and extra credit for those two old dbags getting their just desserts, although Roose deserved to be stabbed about 50 more times in Robb's memory.

Jeff:
So many questions... 

Glad to see Roose dead, but still waiting for Ramsey to get his.  After all the stuff he's done to Theon, Sansa, Roose, Walda, the baby, etc.  I can't even picture a death horrible enough for that brat.  Should be interesting to see how things go - seems like he's willing to piss off a good chunk of the north, as well as probably losing Walder Fey as an ally with the death of Walda.

And the stuff with Tyrion and the two dragons.  Awesome.  I see a lot of people thinking his interaction with the dragons confirms he's a Targ, but I'm not sure if that's a lock or if it just meant they didn't see him as a threat/enemy.  Still...  it was awesome watching him unchain them.  Can't wait to see more of them in action.

--- Quote from: Nicklab on May  1, 2016, 05:33 PM ---There's also the matter of a shot that was in one of the trailers for this season.  It showed a knight in what looked like Targaryen King's Guard armor fighting someone who looked like a Stark bannerman.  It looked a lot like a possible flashback to the Tower of Joy!
--- End quote ---

The "next episode" teaser they showed for next week was awesome - that is totally Ned at the Tower of Joy in that flashback.  8)  Really looking forward to seeing that played out and finally confirming some things one way or the other.

Scott:
Where exactly is Littlefinger right now?  His thread seems to be lost in the book and the show

Ramsey's death better be the best death of all time...Jon Snow shoving Longclaw right through his brain while he is on fire covered with tar after his flesh had been stripped by ants after the had been dipped in molten sugar.  He is probably the most evil person on the show, the little ******

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version