Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Game of Thrones (HBO)

<< < (119/189) > >>

P-Siddy:
Lancel.

I wonder if Littlefinger will find the Vale not as safe as he thought when either the dragons or whir walkers arrive.

Jesse James:
It's pretty safe physically but yeah, those wouldn't be good problems.  However, safe from others, it sure seems it.  And would Littlefinger mind the dragons?  Or rather, would the dragons mind him I guess.

But he's got a pretty solid situation up there right now...  He's got that kid...  Lupus from the Bad News Bears.  He's got military power...  He's sitting pretty (high).

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on May  3, 2016, 08:54 PM ---I think the Lannister sins all came from their cousin Cersi was riding while Jamie was otherwise occupied.  He seemed to rat them out...  Though why he had the sudden about-face never seemed to have an explanation that I recall.  I also forget his name, just remember he was a bit of a *****.

--- End quote ---

Lancel Lannister.  And in the words of Robert Baratheon, "What a stupid name!"  That guy really was a simp.  But now that he's a follower of the High Sparrow?  He seems much more of a pawn rather than any sort of a real player with legitimate ambition.  He seemed to be almost cowering during the Battle of the Blackwater.

I wouldn't put it past Littlefinger to use the High Sparrow and his followers as some sort of proxy to take down the Lannisters.  And he tried to make inroads with the North by marrying off Sansa to Ramsey Bolton.  I suspect that we're going to see Littlefinger at some point soon.  But I think things will have to play out in the North before he gets moved to some sort of action.

Nicklab:
Another solid episode.  Jon seemed genuinely shocked, as did Melisandre.  Although since I saw this coming I don't know how shocked everyone in the audience might have been.  As for the events of last night? For a moment, I thought Jon was going to have some measure of mercy on the men that killed him. But that didn't happen at all.

The green sight scene of Bran travelling back to see the events at the Tower of Joy was definitely something to behold. Ser Arthur Dayne was a badass! And I thought Ned was in some serious trouble there. I did not see that engagement ending the way it did. But Ned clearly owed his life to Howland Reed, no matter how he took out Dayne. As for when they left that scene? It was telling that they want to stretch out Bran's visions. But the dialogue leading up to the fight between Ned and his men with the Targaryen Kings Guard was even more telling. When Ned said that the Mad King was dead, and Prince Rhaegar had died at the Trident, I'm pretty sure that I heard Arthur Dayne say something to the effect that they were there at the Tower of Joy to protect their prince. That lends a lot of weight to the whole R + L = J theory.

Arya seems like she's turned a corner with the Faceless Men. Especially with the Waif, who's just been merciless with her. Although the Waif did seem to have an odd level of fascination with Arya's death list. it seems very likely that she's also originally from Westeros, and may be of a similar mind to Arya.

And just when you thought that the Starks were becoming resurgent, what happens? Rickon Stark and Osha wind up in the hands of Ramsay Bolton. And that f***ing traitorous Lord Umber killed Shaggydog! The show has really been brutal towards the dire wolves. But you have to seriously fear for Rickon's safety.

BillCable:
No doubt the R + L = J theory is confirmed, IMO.

As esteemed an actor Sydow is, I'm not real happy with what they've done to the Three Eyed Raven.  The way he looked at the end of Season 4 was awesome.  I guess Sydow has the pull to avoid time in the make-up chair, so now he looks like a puppet in one of the trees on Mr. Rogers.  This was amazing...

I like Arya's story better in the book.  Basically, she cheated to get cured of her blindness (which was the result of intentional poisoning, not an effect of using masks), which left the window open for her retaining free will.  Here it looks like she's going full-on faceless, which is disappointing.

And Daenerys' story has pretty much hit a wall.  Seems like we're looking at a long stretch of garbage before she gets to do anything interesting again.

Sorry to do nothing but pick nits.  It just seems like a lot of stories have stalled out right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version