Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Game of Thrones (HBO)

<< < (127/189) > >>

BillCable:
They're mostly only mentioned in fairy tales and legends.  The only actual part they've played in the books is in the cave with Bran.

Qui-Gon Jim:
I have this weird feeling that they are going to turn Sansa into a character who we'll all be happy to see get hers. They have taken so many characters the other way (all the Lannisters, Marjorie, the Dog)...  Maybe Balish contracts with the man with no name to get rid of Jon Snow for her and Arya is sent to handle to deed?  Maybe once she finds that he has a legit claim to the throne?

BillCable:
I was thinking - if everyone knows about the Faceless, how come people haven't put out contracts on all their rivals?  The Lannisters pay the price on the Sand Snakes - boom!  Deed done. 

That'd lead to the conclusion that they're not all that well-known.  Maybe even secret.  But if nobody knows about the Faceless, how do they found Bravos and get to live in a big ol' temple?

Dave:

--- Quote from: BillCable on May 24, 2016, 01:45 PM ---I was thinking - if everyone knows about the Faceless, how come people haven't put out contracts on all their rivals?  The Lannisters pay the price on the Sand Snakes - boom!  Deed done. 

That'd lead to the conclusion that they're not all that well-known.  Maybe even secret.  But if nobody knows about the Faceless, how do they found Bravos and get to live in a big ol' temple?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it can't be as simple as just paying some cash and having your rivals killed.

According to the GoT Wiki -
The Faceless Men charge exorbitant fees, but their reputation for success is unmatched. The cost increases relative to the importance of the target and the difficulty of the objective. In the first book it is said that hiring a Faceless Man to kill Daenerys Targaryen would cost more than it would to hire an entire army. Further, the Faceless Men will reject a contract if killing the target clashes with their strange and at times inscrutable religious beliefs

McMetal:
So overwhelmed by last week's episode, I couldn't even post about it.  :D

That was some great stuff...hard to even remember anything else after the Night's King showed up.

Am guessing he somehow ties into the reason the White Walkers got out of control, definitely does not resemble the rest of them.

How did they get the ability to create other white walkers though, as shown with Craster's baby earlier? Or wights for that matter? Or is that just something that came courtesy of the Night's King?

freaking Hodor, heartbreaking. His whole life was basically fixated on that one purpose no one even realized until the end. Will he end up as a gigantic wight this week though?

They sure got there in a hurry from Hardhome. Guess they are waiting for winter to really hit before making the push south.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version