Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 249378 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Game of Thrones posted some Valentine's Day photos on Facebook, yesterday.  Including this:

Brilliant.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 1, 2012, 07:07 AM »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 6, 2012, 07:23 PM »
I picked up Season 1 on Blu-Ray today at Best Buy.  I went with the "Best Buy Exclusive" House of Stark packaging.   What is this special packaging you say?  It turns out to be nothing more than a cardstock sleeve around the original packaging.   

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 7, 2012, 07:59 AM »
I have my season 1 set coming from Amazon and will be watching as soon as I get it (first time).

I just finished Clash of Kings last night and immediately started on Storm of Swords.  Thinking about getting HBO just for season two.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #94 on: March 7, 2012, 09:14 AM »
It's worth it!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 7, 2012, 11:28 AM »
  Thinking about getting HBO just for season two.

That's what I did last year.  Directv offered a 3 month deal and that covered the time I needed for Game of Thrones.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 7, 2012, 07:39 PM »
I picked up the season 1 box set at Target today.  I haven't watched it yet, but there's an exclusive disc that's included with the Target version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2012, 11:45 AM »
The new trailers for season 2 are getting better and better! 

-Jars of wildfire
-The Hound fighting at the Battle of the Blackwater
-Melisandre in the cave below Storm's End
-Jon Snow in the Frost Fangs

This season is going to be awesome!

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Did my marathon viewing of season 1 over the weekend.  Fantastic stuff.  I think everyone was cast perfectly and like so many others think, thought the Imp stole the show.

There were a few parts that I don't recall from the book (like the Flower Knight giving Renly a BJ) but that's probably because the cast of characters is so large and there's so much going on.

Now I'm debating if I want to watch season 2 weekly or wait until the DVDs come out.  Not because I'm not looking forward to season 2, but because the weekly wait is going to suck.  I like being able to watch back to back episodes (or in some cases, back to back to back to back to back).

Common sense isn't so common

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 09:30 AM »
There were a few parts that I don't recall from the book (like the Flower Knight giving Renly a BJ) but that's probably because the cast of characters is so large and there's so much going on.

That was added, to much discussion.  Martin claimed a relationship was "implied" in the books, but I think that may have been PR.  He said it was obvious, since Renly's protectors were the "Rainbow Guard."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2012, 02:29 PM »

That was added, to much discussion.  Martin claimed a relationship was "implied" in the books, but I think that may have been PR.  He said it was obvious, since Renly's protectors were the "Rainbow Guard."

About 2/3's through Book 2 now, and it is very apparent, though not explicitly stated, that Renly and Loras Tyrel - the Knight of Flowers - are lovers.  Don't think there was anything revisionist in Martin going back and stating that they were meant to be gay.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 05:02 PM »

There's a scene at the tourney where Littlefinger and Renly have a back and forth that implies as much.  Littlefinger asks Renly "When will you be having YOUR friend?" and looks towards Ser Loras.

The scene between Loras and Renly does establish more than their affair.  The Tyrell family ultimately backs Renly's claim no doubt at Loras' request, and because Renly needs the power and wealth of Highgarden in order to gain control of the Iron Throne. 

Oh, and has anyone else spotted Brienne in the recent trailers?  I'm pretty sure I spotted her in the Rainbow Guard colors, and they are REALLY playing up her ugliness!

Feedback

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Oh, and has anyone else spotted Brienne in the recent trailers?  I'm pretty sure I spotted her in the Rainbow Guard colors, and they are REALLY playing up her ugliness!

I seem to recall an online post somewhere that showed some pictures of the characters introduced this year and Brienne was in that collection. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Season 2 premieres a week from tomorrow!  I will be glued to HBO, and I've been re-watching season 1 as well.  In addition, I've been as they've been updating that page on an almost daily basis.  There are some great sneak peeks at season 2, including some things that were not actively explored in A Clash of Kings.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:05 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 2, 2012, 07:28 PM »
A nice start to season 2 last night.  There were obviously some story points that seem to have been consolidated, but in the grand scheme of things it seemed to work.  There were a couple of things I was not expecting, but I definitely got a kick out of seeing a good number of new characters get introduced in the episode.

Maester Cressen (Oliver Ford Davies {Sio Bibble in Episode I}) getting killed off?  That was pretty good!  And Tyrion's scene with Joffrey and then Cersei was fantastic.

Feedback