Author Topic: Sales, Discounts, & Stuff  (Read 16009 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Sales, Discounts, & Stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 5, 2010, 02:46 PM »
I've also seen the new $10 price on figs that were just $5 a couple weeks ago.  Walmart is off their rocker.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 12:10 PM »
Just noticed that Amazon currently has the Skystriker for $19.99.  You'd have to add something else to hit the $25 "free shipping" marker, but still a pretty nice deal for anyone interested.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 10:46 AM »
yeah I should have tol dyou guys about the skystriker deal Ive bought two one fro me and one for my brother who had one when we were kids, I guess I thought you guys knew. I also did a killer custom job on mine with the wifes steady handed help, putting on the stickers

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I don't really like the plastic/color on the Skystriker or the cockpit, but I'll wait for them to be clearanced out at Target before I decide if I want more as they certainly don't appear to be selling all that well.  Shame that we couldn't have at least gotten a Sky Boomer repaint out of the deal, but I think that flight has departed... hahaa
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 11:12 PM »
Sounds like Target is starting to clearance Skystrikers, so it may be time to grab an extra for Night Boomer repainting. Also, I noticed they raised the price of single figures to $10.99. Never thought I'd see the day that GI Joe figures were $2 more than Star Wars figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 11:51 AM »
What's up with the Target sale?  On sale for $7.99 regular price $8.99?  Weren't they $10.99?? Would have picked up a few more techno vipers or the elusive Mr. White, but my store hasn't restocked since Oct/Nov but I see others have.

Skystrikers still full price up here.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Yeah, $10.99 at one store here, about 5 miles away, the other store is $8.99 - but both have the $7.99 sale.

If Skystrikers hit clearance here, I'll buy another one - my son just broke the "wings tab" on his about a week ago.  Dang 4-year olds.   :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 12:06 AM »
My Target upped the price to $10.99 a week or so ago.  I see that the shelf tag is still $10.99 and on my receipt it said the figure I bought yesterday was $7.99 marked down from $10.99.  But the sale tag on the peg says on sale, down from $8.99.

Sounds like a case of the sale tags being printed prior to the price increase.  Still have no idea why Target bumped the price $2 when all they had were a handful of wave 4 peg warmers like Tunnel Rat, Scarlett and Ripcord.

On the plus side, I walked into Target on Sunday and smack into the middle of a case 3 restock.  Score one Storm Shadow!!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 12:18 AM »
I gotta find Stormshadow yet for my brother.  I passed on him when I saw him because my bro didn't want all the resculpts of them, but then wouldn't you know that was the one SS he wants...  Gotta keep hunting, always.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 12:38 PM »
On the plus side, I walked into Target on Sunday and smack into the middle of a case 3 restock.  Score one Storm Shadow!!

E...

Nice score!  I actually went actively hunting him last weekend...been like over a year since I hit multiple Targets looking for a toy.  Ahhh sweet memories...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 02:07 PM »
Many Hasbro action figure lines (including GI Joe) are Buy One, Get One 30% off at EE.  Offer valid on new in-stock orders placed on the Entertainment Earth website between February 27, 2013 and March 5, 2013.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 09:06 AM »
I will probably be getting these for my Dreadnoks http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MST35024AA&utm_source=EE_Satellite&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=031513_Newsletter&utm_content=MST35024AA#.UUcMcBeccoM

They are a bit pricey though, these are only normally $4 a piece at Target.  Hopefully they will be cheaper at retail.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 08:30 PM »
There's Maisto bikes at Tuesday Morning often too...  Made an awesome 1:18 Harley from WW2...  Love it for my military figures.  Ebay's probably riddled with those types of bikes for cheap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 11:19 AM »
i just found out that WM sells the Maisto Harleys for $6 each

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Not a Joe collector, but I saw these at Big Lots the other day and thought I would let you other GI's know.  Only $7 for all three figures.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today