Author Topic: Sales, Discounts, & Stuff  (Read 1837 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Sales, Discounts, & Stuff
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50 PM »
I can't believe you found them still on the shelf somewhere.  I saw them for that price last year at a BL store I stopped in but haven't seen them since.  I thought they probably all sold through.

For that price, it's not actually a terrible deal for the 2 army builder figures.  I think if I found them again for that price I'd probably pick up 2 or 3 packs.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 05:58 PM »
Not a Joe collector, but I saw these at Big Lots the other day and thought I would let you other GI's know.  Only $7 for all three figures.

I never saw these at any discounter. (Big Lots here blows, even...especially the newer, bigger one)

I managed to find one Retaliation HISS at Target for $6. The rest and all the figures are long gone, leaving $4 motorcycle sets that I'm not sure I'd even pay $2 each for.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 06:01 PM »
I snagged another VAMP when they got to $13 but passed on the HISS for $9 and change before they sold out.  Would have snagged one at $6.  I think there are 1 or 2 figures still kicking around my store but haven't seen the motorcycles even though I know they should have some left.

The figures might not totally suck at $3 - $4 as army builders or whatever.  But, yeah, not much use for them.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 10:47 PM »
The figures might not totally suck at $3 - $4 as army builders or whatever.  But, yeah, not much use for them.

You mean the motorcycle guys? They were made just to ride the cycle. 5 POA plus knee joints, IIRC. Some folks might want the heads for customs.

If I was still big into GI JOE I might have gotten Firefly one http://www.yojoe.com/action/12/firefly24.shtml

Offline inadvertent imitation

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 05:33 PM »
TRU has that weird colored sticker clearance thing going on right now. The green sticker is now 60% off, so I grabbed a Toma/Eaglehawk for $18. Not bad, and kind of makes up for them never stocking any new figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk