Author Topic: Stormtrooper  (Read 20594 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Stormtrooper
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 11:08 AM »
I wanted to army build as a kid, but two was quite enough according to my folks. That's why I am the way I am today.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 04:31 PM »
I wanted to army build as a kid, but two was quite enough according to my folks. That's why I am the way I am today.  :P

Thats how my parents were with everything.  Even with my He-Man and skeletor figs - I had two different versions of each, and that was enough, even though they made a bunch more.  Probably a good reason why I only had Hoth Luke, 2 leias (Boussh and Endor), and 2 hans (Bespin and Endor - and the only reason I got endor was cuz it came in a 3 pack!).

I only ever had one Stormie, but he got to ride in the dewback while the scout trooper was on his bike!  :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 06:24 PM »
I agree with Glitch on the Legacy VOTC being the best so far. Mainly because I too have a thing against those removable helmets. I have a couple of TAC STs of which I have turned the heads backwards to make the helmet fit better, instead of a chin poking out underneath it!

But still, Hasbro just doesn't seem to get the ST helmet right. Some have used GG Bust-Ups helmets to customize their troopers and that is quite an improvement. And shiny, glossy lenses please  8)

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 04:45 AM »
If there's one thing that could be improved upon for me, it's the storm trooper's blaster. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but they just look a bit too small.

Offline zombieted

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 12:10 PM »
Seems a couple of newer Stormtroopers have come out... Are we sticking with the Spacetrooper as the main guy or did he get dethroned?

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 12:19 PM »
One of my favorite characters. I'm going on 300 of the VOTC onward style and amazingly I know two people who have almost twice as much as I do.

Son I am not dissapoint  ;D

Love the Stormies - All of them,Stormtrooper armor differs so much during the OT that to have just one type of sculpt with the same size head would be contrary to the image of the Stormtroopers as seen on screen.

Ask someone in the 501st and you'll soon find out how varied it is - they take it very seriously. (not saying that you guys do not)
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Mainly because I too have a thing against those removable helmets.

Me too but it is mostly because they Clones underneath...or so we are told.

I really like the Vintage Collection Stormtrooper and will trade folks 2 lose VOTCs for every 1 Vintage Collection one...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Seems a couple of newer Stormtroopers have come out... Are we sticking with the Spacetrooper as the main guy or did he get dethroned?
I would stick with the Spacetrooper...  Either him or the black pauldron Sandtrooper which is essentially an "ultimate" Stormtrooper to me since he has the field pack, the rank pauldron for in the field, a pike, the E11, and a removable explosive...  That's pretty ultimate short of better articulation.

Had Hasbro done a hybrid of the Spacetrooper and the lower Sandtrooper legs for the new Vintage Sandtrooper, my vote would go that way then based on articulation and a removable helmet with a generic head.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline zombieted

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10 PM »
I would stick with the Spacetrooper...  Either him or the black pauldron Sandtrooper which is essentially an "ultimate" Stormtrooper to me since he has the field pack, the rank pauldron for in the field, a pike, the E11, and a removable explosive...  That's pretty ultimate short of better articulation.

Had Hasbro done a hybrid of the Spacetrooper and the lower Sandtrooper legs for the new Vintage Sandtrooper, my vote would go that way then based on articulation and a removable helmet with a generic head.

Thanks for the update.  As an added twist, what's the best Stormtrooper without a removable helmet?  Vintage isn't vintage if you know what the Stormtroopers look like. :)  I'm using the Legacy Stormtrooper which is repaint of the Shadow Stormtrooper... which is really a version of VOTC.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:15 PM by zombieted »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 09:01 PM »

Thanks for the update.  As an added twist, what's the best Stormtrooper without a removable helmet?  Vintage isn't vintage if you know what the Stormtroopers look like. :)  I'm using the Legacy Stormtrooper which is repaint of the Shadow Stormtrooper... which is really a version of VOTC.

Well, there's a "new" Target vintage 3-pack Stormtrooper, but that's really the ball-jointed hipped Sandtrooper, so the helmet is off and there's no belt cannister. Probably a slot in his back, too.

So what you are using is probably best. The Tantive IV pack stormtrooper has its fans, but that figure is a sandtrooper, no cannister, slot in back and no waist or torso joint.