Author Topic: Greedo  (Read 21751 times)

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Greedo
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Late to post so sorry in advance.

Greedo-possibly my favourite figure when i was a nipper.
Then the VHS came out and -although he was still my favourite- damn was he ever inaccurate!

Looks very kitch now -but still somewhat cool.

As for new ones?  I don't think we are there yet. Yes we have the greatly posable SVC version -but his biker/spacer suit is totally the wrong colour -far to deep a shade. There is of course the vest and i think the various versions of the commtech sculpt have a better representation of the tragi-comic rodian.

No not there yet.

But considering how many sculpts this guy has already got -it may be the end of the line.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 07:23 PM »
He is one of my favs.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 11:31 PM »
I'd really love to see Hasbro do a modern inaccurate Greedo based on this fig. That would be great.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 03:55 AM »
That is a great idea.

Presumably if the line lasts there will be a GG Mega Vintage of Greedo. If so i'll be tempted for sure.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 01:19 PM »
I chewed the antenna off my original Greedo...just last week. As a kid, I must've been angry at the character. Seems like the original  (from the Sears Cantina set) had limbs made of harder plastic than the replacement I got years later.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 08:49 PM »
The soft goods vest make it easier to remove than the plastic one of the comtech chip
Vintage Greedo depicts boots which Greedo never used, but is nice as an early interpretation of the character.

I think in vtsc version, the fingers could be longer because it would be difficult for the figure to grab the blaster.