Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100430 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #210 on: February 6, 2011, 05:12 PM »
There's a couple other A-Wingers, I think 1 or 2 Y-Wingers...  B-Wingers are just standing around on Home 1 but so far they only made one from the movie and one from EU.  I could see it being more diverse than just orange then.  Yavin has the most with lines though, for certain.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #211 on: February 6, 2011, 06:07 PM »
From the often imitated Who's Left Archive here are some Pilots from Yavin and Endor...I know there are a few Yavin Astromechs I don't have here

12. Generic Blue Symbol Rebel Pilot
13. Gold 3 Ryle Torsyn
14. Gold 5 Davish "Pops" Krail
15. Gold 6 Hol Okand
16. Red 7 Elyhek Rue
17. Red 8 Bren Quersey
18. Red 10 Theron Nett
19. Red12 Unnamed

18. R3 and R5 Astromech Droids
20. Horton Salm
21. Kier Santage
22. Kin Kian

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 6, 2011, 07:46 PM »
From the often imitated Who's Left Archive here are some Pilots from Yavin and Endor...

People do the same thing at other sites?  Huh.  Well I assume they credit the source of the idea appropriately.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #213 on: February 6, 2011, 08:31 PM »
People do the same thing at other sites?  Huh.  Well I assume they credit the source of the idea appropriately.

It
Happens
Alot
« Last Edit: February 6, 2011, 08:31 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: February 6, 2011, 10:16 PM »
I'd really like "Fake Wedge" added.  The guy has lines!  That ain't Wedge.  He's fooling nobody.  LFL could even make a stupid story up for him that he was an imposter from the Empire replacing Wedge, who finally got there and revealed that he's a fake.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 7, 2011, 01:11 AM »
There's a couple other A-Wingers, I think 1 or 2 Y-Wingers...  B-Wingers are just standing around on Home 1 but so far they only made one from the movie and one from EU.  I could see it being more diverse than just orange then.  Yavin has the most with lines though, for certain.

Certainly there are more, but it seems more likely--certainly at least to the author of the original comment--that X-wing orange pilots would round out the packs. Either way, he was describing the hypothetical content of a pack without the astromechs and TIE pilots rather than the current content that has merely one orange jumpsuit.

For my part, I'd guess if they had gotten rid of the astromechs and TIE pilots, they'd probably have expanded the scope of the packs to all three original movies, which would most likely mean more orange. But it's all just guessing.

I love the inclusion of astromechs. Not only were they the largest draw to me in these sets, but I'd like to have dedicated astromechs for every X- and Y-wing pilot I have. It's too bad I'm such a lazy customizer.

I do wish they'd paid more attention to the movie where Frix's astromech is barely viewable behind his head, has a white paint job with dark panels and may even be an R5.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: February 7, 2011, 01:57 AM »
I'd like more of the astro's to the pilots as well.  Some seemed to have solid grey unpainted droids it seemed. 

Kind of a bummer on Frix's astro not being right.  I'd never really looked hard enough I guess, but I'd prefer they get it right.  I wonder what they're basing it off of then if it doesn't match the movie?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 7, 2011, 02:15 AM »
I'd really like "Fake Wedge" added.  The guy has lines!  That ain't Wedge.  He's fooling nobody.  LFL could even make a stupid story up for him that he was an imposter from the Empire replacing Wedge, who finally got there and revealed that he's a fake.

I was actually going to suggest this guy a few months ago when someone asked what pilots were left to make, and honestly I was shocked that this guy is supposed to be Wedge. Didn't know about it until I saw it on Wookieepedia so I assume a lot of other people don't know either. It'd be pretty easy to just give the guy a new name.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: February 7, 2011, 02:44 AM »
Yeah he's Marvin Darvin, from Feb'u Raria (gotta slip an apostrophe in.  It makes it Star Warsy). 

See, instant new guy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: February 7, 2011, 09:41 PM »
I was clearing off my workspace here and getting the TIE Pilots organized to move them to storage bins with the others I have that are extras for the army.  Anyway, I was about to put the TIE Pilot with the "teardrops" away when i realized he's a lot nicer deco on the helmet than the previous 3-pack figure.  I mean lots of smaller details that I was surprised to see that the previous version of this figure sorta just painted grey like the teardrop color. 

Color me surprised.  It let me move a nicer deco one onto the display shelf too. :)

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 8, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Kind of a bummer on Frix's astro not being right.

I'm not too much of a stickler for getting things perfect, so I just mentally dismiss it as being another astromech assigned to Frix, not the one he had at Endor. Maybe the one we got in this set is his usual astromech that was out for repairs. But it would have been nice to get the one from the movie. I assume this design was just thrown together by Hasbro's people.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2011, 01:07 AM »
Hope you enjoy the current TIE Pilot as it sounds like, according to the Force Cast and Darryl DePriest, that he won't get any articulation updates or anything.  I'm fine with him, but just incase people didn't like him, I figured I'd dash your hopes real quick. 

Then again at one point the POTJ Fleet Trooper was "good enough" and they weren't going to update him either, and the Yavin Tech was too boring to attempt. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I'd never lose a night's sleep without ankle articulation on the TIE Pilot. I think what we've got is perfect enough. But then again, I said that about the At-At driver too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2011, 04:39 PM »
I'm ok with the TIE Pilot.  He's actually pretty tall and average height, he's got a really crisp sculpt.  I'd like to see a more true black color for him, and maybe a generic headsculpt, but otherwise I'm happy.