Author Topic: Saga 2004 - Predictions  (Read 12678 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Themed Waves: Let The Speculation Begin!
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2003, 12:19 PM »
One wave definitely seems geared toward the Outlander Nightclub.  Witness Ayy Vida, Obi-Wan & Elan Sleazebaggano.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2003, 01:46 PM »
Death Star anyone?
We could have a Tarkin,Rerelease Motti,Taggie,Col.?(the one with the white tunic),a deluxe death star gunner with cannon.Pretty cool huh?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2003, 02:15 PM »
One wave definitely seems geared toward the Outlander Nightclub.  Witness Ayy Vida, Obi-Wan & Elan Sleazebaggano.

I believe those are late '03 releases Nick...Hasbro also said all of these '04 Waves will be Classic Trilogy Only

I think you have some great guesses there Darb

Hoth looks pretty much set

Hopefully a few new Cantina Aliens for the Tatooine Wave Hem Dazon and Dannick Jerricho?

I'd add the rumored Weequay to the Jabba Wave

With Rieekan getting the Display Board I sure hope this mean Dodonna will be getting a display table

Ozzel has been rumored for quite a while on and off so he is a good bet, a resculpt Bossk makes sense too

And that DS Wave sounds awesome...Tarkin, Tagge, Yularen and a Resculpted DS Trooper or DS Gunner!

I would also assume Bespin and Endor waves are in the works

LEt me think who would make a perfect addition to the Bespin wave???

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Saga 2004 - Predictions
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2003, 03:41 PM »
From the black and white image that I saw of Jabba it looks similiar to the Jabba Glob but I think it is a resculpt. I can not be certain for I did not have a Jabba Glob to compair it with at the time. The little dias, only part was shown in the image. It looks like it was made all from plastic.
From what I have seen in the image I think it is to scale or close with the regular figures. I am waiting to see a full color, all aspect image of the Jabba. I think people will be happy with it from what I can tell. I am happy since I have only liked the Jabba Glob Jabba thus far.

I hope to see more before the next Insider. If I do get privilaged to see such info I will be sure to let you know.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2003, 03:44 PM »
Binks,
   Thanks again for the Info!!!!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2003, 04:02 PM »
Thanks!

Man,I can't wait for more pics!!!!

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2003, 08:58 PM »
Hey Binks...

Been away a few days so let me catch up.

The Jabba you saw was most likely the Return Jabba w/ dais.  ;) I got to talk to my friend over in Hong Kong and he mentioned that although it's still coming (and very nice still he said) some little things were scrapped from the set to make it stay at the lower price point Hasbro is looking to go w/ on this one.

There is actually a third Dignitary that is basically the vintage version (taller- skinnier) that has yet to be mentioned or shown. I am hoping it still makes the light of day... and hopefully he'll be an inclusion in the Emperor's Throne Room screen scene... or somewhere. Though usually once a mold is crafted it's pretty sure you'll see it down the road. Not much hasn't seen light that was molded... though a few lost items haven't seen light... yet.

I was actually surprised / the Jedi Master points revelation since there is a figure that was made in mock up form for that promo. Will it get released? That's anyones guess at this point but I'll let you guys know if I hear more on that.

Looks like we have a sweet year coming up... and some of those figures are just gorgeous.

It's funny to look back at '95-97 era figures and what we have now... and coming.

I'll be even more poor next year... Anyone know what blood plasma sells for these days  ;D

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2003, 09:41 PM »
I also would take any theme that would get us an Orange Handmaiden Padme.  The fact we haven't gotten one yet is criminal.  

I wonder if there will be more OT waves than PT.  I know many collectors (most?) prefer the OT, and POTJ relied heavily on it after the sour taste of TPM.  Myself I'll take all the PT figs I can get.  I'm hoping for a Senate wave, an Arena wave (all Jedi!), and anything that gets me Trophy Obi Wan, Dorme, or Ratts Tyrell.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2003, 09:46 PM »
Jimmy, are those figs that haven't seen the light... yet possibly the Trophy figures?  Have you heard anything from your source about when and where these figures may turn up?  I imagine both could pop up in a Naboo themed wave next year...

And I wonder what figure could be the one sculpted and abandoned for the Jedi Master Points promotion?  Any hints?

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2003, 09:51 PM »
Wow!  I, too would like to know what figure was made in mock-up form for the JMP.  Of the unreleased figures, all I would be interested in is the Bespin Vader, Trophy Vader and Nute Hologram.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2003, 12:21 AM »
Jimmy,I hate to sound like a broken record,but do you know of any Imperial Military stuff coming?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2003, 12:48 AM »
Just speculating on the Star Destroyer...

Ozzel
kneeling Vader on holoprojector pad
Dengar with backpack
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2003, 12:59 AM »
Hey guys...

Honestly I have noc lue what this supposed mock up is.
I wish I knew... but alas I'm in the same boat.
I will definitely let all know though if I can get that put of my source.

As for Imperials... I haven't heard too much in the way of Imperials. Though Moff Jerrod is something that has been talked about outside of Hasbro and speculation is high on him right now. I can't confirm him being on any internal lists but if that changes I'll let all know as well.

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2003, 01:00 AM »
Some definitely nice things coming up it seems...  The themes could work well too, and keep a level of consistency, but I have a few reservations too...

Does this mean theme waves won't see subsequent re-release, incase items are difficult to find?  What about the seemingly scaled back product (Or is it not scaled back compared to a non-movie year like POTJ?  Maybe not...)

Anyway, some speculation...

-Endor...  New Han with jacket, new Luke, New Leia...  Much needed I think...  Of course I could list more figures for this series too.

-Battle of Endor...  New Lando Pilot, A-Wing Pilot, B-Wing Pilot...

-Battle of Yavin (It's being done differently, I know)...  Rebel Hangar tech, Ceremonial Guard, New Luke Ceremony or Han Ceremony (I'd take a new Fleet Trooper myself, of course).  By the way, anyone else notice that the "Battle of Yavin" set includes Captain Antilles who was nowhere near the Battle of Yavin?  What kinda theme is that? :)

I like the Death Star idea with a re-release Motti and a resculpt Grand Moff Tarkin...  Chuck in Chief Bast or a generic officer in a black tunic and I'd be one happy camper.

Definitely some creativity can be used when creating this new idea of themed releases...  I'm glad it's a non-movie year, finally...  I just wonder what we're in store  for, and what the situation will be for the consumer.  It's not been a great one for the past year and then some...  And will the figures be improvements in quality (Some look to be pretty great from those Japanese pics).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2003, 03:53 AM »
We also shouldn't overlook the distincy possibility of repurposed figures like POTJ... R-3P0 looks like the first out the gate for that. I honestly don't think thats a bad thing, either. I'm all for background characters.

My hopes along those lines:

- A retooled Stormtrooper for a Death Star wave
- Retool the Star Tours R5-D2 (removing damage and altering "eye" sockets) to create D4, pack him with a Jawa or an repaint Gonk