Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149117 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2010, 10:46 AM »
There has to be less politics.  There just does, it's not working and the writing on the show isn't capable of making it work. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2010, 01:29 PM »
Oh man, the description of that last episode got me upset. How does the crew expect for little kids to sit through that episode entirely? Why do they make these kind of political episodes - kids just DO NOT care! What makes it worse is that there are no central characters here (by the sound of it), only minor senators.

Even that Padme and Ahsoka episode sounds lackluster, I'm just hoping that they show off Ahsoka's new look here.

And, YES, Quinlan Vos! But I wonder why they keep coming back to Ziro... this is the third time. Doesn't the Republic have more dangerous enemies to track down, like Dooku or Grievous? I'm sure a fat purple slug doesn't pose as much of a threat.

BRING ON SAVAGE OPPRESS, please! :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Pursuit of Peace - Senators Amidala, Organa, and Farr come under fire after opposing a bill that would appropriate funds for millions of new clone troopers, but cripple the republic.

The description of that last episode reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where they go see the Phantom Menace (or their version of it) when an AT-AT comes smashing through the senate, then proceeds to discuss appropriations and things like that.

I think you nailed it there, Brian. :)

There has to be less politics.

Amen.  Someone I know put it pretty well - "Lately, the show has been like tuning into a WWII war documentary about D-Day and then being shown CSPAN-esque footage of the types of things the Congress and Senate were discussing at that time."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:51 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2010, 10:08 AM »
oh my god I almost pissed myself  ;D
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #169 on: November 1, 2010, 01:28 PM »
I think this is what happens when George gets too involved with the series.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: November 1, 2010, 04:08 PM »
That's a funny quote and an apt description I think...  Coruscant-SPAN. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #171 on: November 2, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Vos intro preview. I suspect Vos fans/fanatics aren't going to like his CW interpretation very much.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 2, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Vos intro preview. I suspect Vos fans/fanatics aren't going to like his CW interpretation very much.

I thought the same thing.  Although I'm not super familiar with his EU presence, I know he has a big following, and that clip made him seem a little "duuuuude" to me.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 3, 2010, 01:48 AM »
I thought the same thing.  Although I'm not super familiar with his EU presence, I know he has a big following, and that clip made him seem a little "duuuuude" to me.

I guess that explains why his action figure comes with a surfboard. :-\ Funny how here he's portrayed as a rebel Jedi, but in the comics he's always been played out as a darker Jedi who has a hard time choosing between the Dark Side and Light Side.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: November 3, 2010, 02:16 AM »
That brief clip didn't really sway me one way or another as to his character...  He's dark, but there is an arrogance about him in the EU.  He's cocky, very overconfident of his abilities.  I could see why Kenobi wouldn't like him, and outside of the war I could see him being something of a show-off and annoying to some Jedi.

Trying to keep in mind that he's not "in the war" like he is in a lot of his EU stories, in that brief clip, then I can see it still working.

If he turns out to be incredibly lame though, that's going to suck.  His character's "dark" because he's undercover as a fallen Jedi a lot of the time...  He is very insubordinate too though.  I think there's hope yet.  Of course, the entire episode could dash all hope I have left too, quite easily.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 3, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Ok, for those of us not in the know, what's the quick Cliff Notes Bio on this guy?

Is he a good guy or bad guy - ultimately?

How does he dies?

What was he supposed to be doing during the war, based on the original EU backstory?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 3, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Ultimately, in my reading, he was a good guy.  He gets sent off to try and convince Dooku that's he's turned to the dark side, but the story goes kind of back and forth about whether he actually went over to the dark side, or if he's really a double agent for Dooku.  Ultimately he ends up on Kashyyyk when he's nearly killed by O66.  He manages to escape the troops trying to kill him, and even fights the Clone Commander personally tasked with killing him.  He manages to escape and eventually meets up with his girlfriend/wife (I can't recall if they marry) and they have a son together.

As far as the war goes, he doesn't get involved in a lot of the front line fighting like Kenobi and Skywalker.  He does a lot of spying stuff.  He commands some troops, but ultimately doesn't like or trust the clones.
I am not the Stig

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 5, 2010, 10:01 AM »
I'm not particularly high on droid hijinks, but tonight's episode could be promising, at least they got Anthony Daniels to handle the voice work.

Once again though, they're back to focusing on characters Hasbro is reluctant to release in the line. First Satine, now Ziro.

I don't get the aversion to Ziro - it's just a repaint of the previously released Jabba sculpt. Throw in another figure or two and you've got a battlepack right there.

Gotta admit, I'm curious to see this Vos dude and how they play that off too.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #178 on: November 5, 2010, 11:36 AM »
I don't think Vos is on this week.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 5, 2010, 07:17 PM »
I don't think Vos is on this week.

My bad, I got confused with the recent teaser clip.

Maybe some Todo tonight?