Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 150435 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2010, 08:47 PM »
More animated political nonsense jibberish?  Really?   I hope this show tanks (seriously).....Dug the new Jedi outfits though.  Viva la ya....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 3, 2010, 09:31 AM »
"Senators Padmé Amidala, Bail Organa and Onaconda Farr attempt to rally the senate against a bill that would appropriate funds for millions of new clone troops – with disastrous financial consequences for the Republic."

::)  ::)  ::)

Not only boring as dirt, it's boring and repetitive. Haven't we seen this already? Like 2 or 3 times now? This exact debate?

On the plus side, Robonino is back tonight too!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #242 on: December 3, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Tonight might have been the worst episode of all 3 seasons so far...agreeing with McMetal...how many times can they have the exact same show.  And you mean to tell me that the planetary economies are so bad that they can't even have lights at night without help from the republic.  It was insulting to everyone who watched it...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #243 on: December 3, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Padme: "Don't they realize that the war is costing our people health care and education and..."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If I wanted to watch someone bitching about the cost of education and health care, I'd watch the CSPAN.   ::)

I can't wait for the upcoming episode where Anakin, R2, and 3PO are troubleshooting the "PC Load Letter" error on the Jedi Temple printer.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 4, 2010, 01:55 AM »
It's funny, if you go to the Official Site and watch the episode commentary, Filoni at one point sorta does an eye roll and says along the lines (in regards to the speeder chase in the episode), "There are fans who don't always want to watch political speeches, they want a little zip in their Star Wars."

Is he calling out all those who are tired of the political episodes? Hasn't at least one person in Filoni's gang heard how suckish the season has been so far? The speeder chase in the episode was just terrible... there was nothing over-exciting about it, particularly because there weren't any other speeders flying around or any people walking the streets.

I bet their excuse for these episodes is that they're some sort of filler until the "true" season starts in January, with the intro to Savage Opress. If there's even one more episode in between the Savage arc, I'm going to get real upset with this show...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 4, 2010, 10:17 AM »
I liked Robonino's partner. One of the better new alien designs.

I like how they admit that Padme's elaborate hairstyles are just wigs.

The ending...what was up with that? I'm starting to think Palpatine might be a bad guy.  :P

They really need to make the Coruscant robot cops as figures. Not that they'll have anyone to protect besides Padme.

I'd like to know how Kamino went from a "lost" world outside the Republic, to having a place on the senate. "Oh, yeah, we grew the clones here. And now they are part of the Republic. THIS IS NOT SUSPICIOUS TO ANYONE."

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 4, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Tonight might have been the worst episode of all 3 seasons so far...agreeing with McMetal...

how many times can they have the exact same show

And you mean to tell me that the planetary economies are so bad that they can't even have lights at night without help from the republic. 

It was insulting to everyone who watched it...

THIS and THIS!!!!!
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #247 on: December 4, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Padme: "Don't they realize that the war is costing our people health care and education and..."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If I wanted to watch someone bitching about the cost of education and health care, I'd watch the CSPAN.   ::)

I can't wait for the upcoming episode where Anakin, R2, and 3PO are troubleshooting the "PC Load Letter" error on the Jedi Temple printer.

PC load letter? What the **** does that mean?  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 4, 2010, 11:50 PM »
CLONE WARS EPISODE 61:

"RISE OF THE SENATORS"

THE TAXATION OF SCHOOL LUNCHES IS IN DISPUTE.
THE VICE-CHAIRPERSON OF THE SENATE COUNCIL ON EDUCATION SENDS 2 JEDI TO INVESTIGATE.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 5, 2010, 01:32 PM »
CLONE WARS EPISODE 61:

"RISE OF THE SENATORS"

THE TAXATION OF SCHOOL LUNCHES IS IN DISPUTE.
THE VICE-CHAIRPERSON OF THE SENATE COUNCIL ON EDUCATION SENDS 2 JEDI TO INVESTIGATE.

Even better....

THE VICE-CHAIRPERSON OF THE SENATE COUNCIL ON EDUCATION SENDS JEDI PADAWN ZETT JUKASSA WITHOUT HIS LIGHTSABER TO PEACEFULLY INVESTIGATE AND TO ATTEND SOME COURSES ON REPUBLIC POLITICS.

I'm sorry, but this past Friday's episode was awful.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #250 on: December 6, 2010, 02:23 AM »
It wasn't great...  I agree with McMetal though that Robonino's partner was pretty cool.  I'd dig picking a figure of him up sometime if they made him, which they will not.

He reminded me of one of the species from Knightso fthe Old Republic, and I'm wondering if he actually was intended to be that species.  The similarities seemed vast. 

That said, yeah...  I don't quite grasp the fascination with the Senate at this point.  I don't think this was teh wrost episode.  This was miles superior, to me anyway, than all 3 episodes revolving around the lame assed tainted drinks and Mandalore.  At this point, I wish Mandalore was wiped off the galactic map.  It's attrocious for stories anymore.

But this episode was pretty ******, and some of the finer points made (Kaminoans having a spot on the senate but being fairly unknown till now, and the whole "this is insulting to all who watched it") are pretty solid statements.  I can't argue with any of it.  The toon's best formula is always the war's focus/combat...  Or having Bounty Hunters effectively assassinate senators without getting into the C-Span stuff.

Landing at Point Rain is their benchmark to me.  They've never come anywhere near that except some of the battles in the movie.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 6, 2010, 10:06 AM »
It wasn't great...  I agree with McMetal though that Robonino's partner was pretty cool.  I'd dig picking a figure of him up sometime if they made him, which they will not.

He reminded me of one of the species from Knights of the Old Republic, and I'm wondering if he actually was intended to be that species.  The similarities seemed vast. 

Yep, his name is Chata Hyoki and he is indeed a Selkath. Good catch.

I think he would make an outstanding figure too, and I do think this could happen. Hey, if they can do Seripas they can do this guy. Plus you've got the whole cross-property appeal of the video game stuff. (Marketing synergy, as the suits would say)

RE the show:

the two most interesting things to me were the final scene with Palpatine and the reference to Mina Bonteri's death on Raxus.

hey Galactic Senators - ever heard of bodyguards? WTF? You people just stroll around town with no security? You deserve to be beaten!

I don't see how Hasbro can keep claiming TCW is strictly a kid's line when the show is obviously not being aimed at kids anymore. LFL has to be pushing those storylines...I can't see any other explanation.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 6, 2010, 10:21 AM »
This episode wasn't as bad as some of the other political ones, but I'm not getting a CLONE WARS type vibe out of this show anymore.  Are there other animated kids shows out there this fully devoted to tainted school lunches, health care, education, and interest rates?  

For those of you with kids who regularly watch - do they have any interest in these types of episodes?
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 10:25 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #253 on: December 6, 2010, 11:17 AM »
I watched this episode last night and wanted to comment (rant) about it here but my internet was down for five hours. I am happy to see that everyone else saw what I did - total garbage and personal political views of the writer infiltrating SWs. That said if they want to go there I also see a lot of plot loopholes besides the superb point of the Kaminoians:

- The episode complained about deregulation but how about all of the over regulation that made the Republic so cumbersome and ineffective?

- How many planets are in the Republic? I believe there are a lot and you mean to tell me (Judging by all of the Pods in the Senate) that at least 300+ entire planet incomes cannot buy 5 million Clones? (We have 6 Billion people on this planet alone)

- OK, so daily showers, lights, education and healthcare are more important that an army of emotionless robots will level anything in there path with no feeling whatsoever. (BTW - Doesn't Bacta heal everything? Do they really need a huge healthcare system when you have that and robots who can slap robotic limbs fairly quickly?)

- If the Republic does not want to pay for Clones and Padme is championing this peacnik jive how a bout a Military draft? Think about the billions of people in the Republic, if they picked up arms they could have decimated the droid army. Also if they actually drafted people then the Empire could not have happened as the pre programmed Clones would not have been to kill the Jedi so easily. They would have exercised judgment and would not have been easily swayed by the Emperor.

As I posted many times before I cringe when I see Padme in the preview because I know the episode will suck. Now it crossed the line with their subliminal messaging. Have Jedi swing lightsabers, have ship to ship combat and put in about 3 minutes of plot. Keep the G.I.Joe formula start with action to set the story, explain the mission and then fight to resolve the matter. Give a PSA and call it an episode.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 6, 2010, 12:04 PM »
This episode wasn't as bad as some of the other political ones, but I'm not getting a CLONE WARS type vibe out of this show anymore.  Are there other animated kids shows out there this fully devoted to tainted school lunches, health care, education, and interest rates?  

For those of you with kids who regularly watch - do they have any interest in these types of episodes?

That's what I always think about as well.  You have to figure that although people like us watch this show, the primary audience is 8-12 year old boys (or maybe younger than that).  That being said, I would think they'd be bored to tears from episodes like these (and the tainted drink nonsense).  If we - the older crowd - think they are boring and stale, and the higher level political stuff should technically appeal to us more than kids, you would think that kids would really be bored with it.

I'll admit, I've watched my fair share of cartoons over the years (Batman TAS, JL/JLU, Spec. Spidey, Avengers, GI Joe, TF, etc.), and I don't remember anything like this with previous shows.  I don't remember having a three episode block of Bruce Wayne sitting in on meetings at Wayne Tech, or episodes focusing on tainted vittles in Roadblock's stew.  The kids - and arguably us - would rather see some lightsabers swingin and clones a blastin' I think.  I still look forward to the show each week, but I sure hope they pick things up pretty soon and leave these type of episodes behind for a bit.