Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 27312 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #495 on: January 13, 2012, 01:35 AM »
I came across the DVD Season 3 and... skipped it. For the few episodes worth re-watching, I couldn't justify dropping $40+ on the set.

Season 4 is definitely making up for Season 3. Still waiting for Darth Maul...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #496 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02 AM »
So...I only just got around to buying Season 3 on Blu-Ray last week and have been watching several episodes per night to get those out of the way prior to the Season 5 premier/Season 4 Blu-Ray release.

In retrospect, this season got sort of a bad rap, top to bottom it was really not all that terrible, IMHO. It seems like they were experimenting with a number of different things that ultimately did not blend well. The non-sequential continuity jumping stories were confusing. And the political stuff was just brutally tedious.

But after you get through those last 2 banking de-regulation episodes, the rest of the season is all solid arcs - Savage Oppress, Mortiis, Citadel, Wookies & Trandoshans. Good stuff. (Ok, you either loved or hated the Mortiis stuff - I personally loved it, right up until the part where they lost their memory at the end)

I had forgotten about some of the really cool toys that could have been made from this Season: The Selkath bounty hunter, Aurra Sing in Assassin Gear, the transforming janitor/suicide bomb droids, etc etc. Damn shame they can't even repaint a Bossk to put out single carded Trandoshan now.

Looking forward to new stuff, although not as much as previous years, given the sad state of the toy line now.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.