Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149145 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 12:11 PM »
HOLY. CRAP. A whole story arc around Asajj Ventress? My dream come true. ;D What's pushing it, however - her mom is still alive, and a Dathomir Witch?! This is straight-up plain evidence that whoever's behind creating these character backstories (obviously not George Lucas) aren't paying attention to the other EU stuff - Asajj's mom is supposed to be long dead!

I'm pretty sure it isn't her mom. The main Sith Witch's name (or at least how she is addressed) is Mother Talzen (sp?) - "mother" being more of an honorific.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Yeah I didn't get that impression either.

LOVED the trailer.  Watched it last night, and it's outstanding in every way.

Look at how the war is turning bad for the Republic too...  A lot of the good we saw in the first two seasons is overturned!  Ryloth's in serious jeopardy of falling to the Seps, Toydaria's insisting on remaining neutral despite the first episode of the series.  "Death Watch" is raising hell for Mandalore...  Kamino's then a prime target and seemingly vulnerable.  The Republic's in what appears to be serious trouble.

I also like seeing the separatists almost appear like they're getting their **** together too.

Doesn't ROTS open that the war's going badly for the Republic?  I like the thought that they'd build up to that.

Pretty cool stuff.  Looked like lots of warrin' going on too, in most of the episodes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Spoiler

There was a cool scene in the panel where the sith witches attack Count Dooku with lightsabers in his quarters while he is asleep. They are "invisible" but seen to us as smoky ghost-like figures. It was very entertaining as Dooku is in full-on Sith mode, but wearing monogrammed C.D. pajamas! It was funny and bad ass at the same time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:02 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 06:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure it isn't her mom. The main Sith Witch's name (or at least how she is addressed) is Mother Talzen (sp?) - "mother" being more of an honorific.

Thanks for that clarification - it makes sense and also calmed me down a bit.

And it does appear that there's a lot of trouble for both the Republic and Seps - dissent within the Separatists with Grievous and Ventress fighting to take the lead and shaking off Dooku's restraints. And it seems that the Republic's having a hard time keeping its grasp on some core worlds (Ramino, Ryloth).

One of the things that Lucas said would be touched up on is what leads to the Jedi Order's fall, both literally and emotionally.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 01:21 AM »
I found the following listing for Season 3 episodes Titles, lots of spoilers here so be forewarned...the last episode is very foretelling. Click at your own risk.

http://www.starwarsclonewars.net/tv_television_show_series/season_3_three_iii_third_3rd_series_3_three_2010/episode_guide_episodes_list_listing_lists_listings.html

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 01:27 AM »
Hmmm, a weird mix of episode names...  That one two-parter makes me cringe a little because I dont' want to see that in the PT era any more than we already have.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 01:30 AM »
Some of these may be bunk but some seem to jive with what we seen in the trailer like Ghosts of Rage. We will soon know if that list is BS or not in the next week or two when we know the official title.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11 AM »
BTW, I noticed Republic Commandoes in the trailer I believe...  Nice! :)  I've gotten to rewatch it a couple times now, and see them exiting a shuttle.  Fantastic stuff.  I've thought their debut in this series is LONG overdue.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:14 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 02:46 AM »
Hmm, that's a strange list - I wonder if it's real. If it is, boy, am I excited! I'm mesmerized by the obvious OT tie-ins. And Darth Plagiuse? Nice.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Definitely an interesting list, but I'm really wondering if it is real.  It almost seems like too much to get fans worked up about, whether it is those two parters or the mentions of some of the EU characters/stuff in the titles.  If it does hold out to be true, it could really be an interesting season.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Sorry guys - totally NOT a real list - it's something that d-bag SuperShadow put together. Look at the rest of the links on the site - "Star Wars Episode 7 Seven Trailer", "Star Wars Episode 8 Script Plot", etc...

If he's correct on even ONE of those episodes, I'll be amazed.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 03:01 PM »
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:02 PM by Jayson »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Finally got around to watching the new trailer last night. Good stuff. This season looks action packed...can't wait for the Kamino siege. Good to hear they are making a point to move things forward plot-wise and character-wise. I really do hope they have a clear exit strategy and endgame in mind for the show though, and aren't just treading water ala LOST. If the show is planned for 5 seasons, stick to that and sketch out the arcs accordingly.

Now to the obligatory complaining.  ;D

I am troubled by the ongoing infusion of comic/novel/video game EU into the show. I get that it's a shrewd marketing ploy on the part of Hasbro to cross-pollinate the various lines and force suckers like me who love TCW but hate the "other" EU stuff to buy their crap. And it works. I ponied up the dough for my Kul Teska like a good little consumer, all the while wishing they just could have called him Wat Tambor and been done with it.

I just think it blurs all sense of continuity with these ongoing "mash-ups". It used to be I could just watch the show having seen all 6 movies plus the animated 3D TCW film, and I had all the background I needed to grasp the plot to its fullest extent. Now I'm increasingly baffled trying to figure out what the hell is a Quinlan Vos and a "Nightsister".  ::) (Bad Manga rip-off on those chicks BTW)

The other problem I have is that they are just overloading on too many characters now, particularly villains. Do we really need ANOTHER Sith lackey? I've lost count of how many bad guys there are at this point. They don't seem to have a problem killing Jedi on that show, why not spread a little death around on the Separatist side? A little purge now and again helps keep things manageable. (see: Heroes)

And just stop with the ridiculous names already. SAVAGE OPPRESS?!?! AYFKM? Yeah, the French inflection really makes him sound bad-ass. It's not even cute or clever anymore, it's just lazy. That schtick stopped being funny about 8 Bond movies ago.

Inane rants aside, I do really enjoy the show and am very psyched for the upcoming premier. And I'm buying all the toys just like they want me too.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 09:30 PM »
They don't seem to have a problem killing Jedi on that show, why not spread a little death around on the Separatist side? A little purge now and again helps keep things manageable. (see: Heroes)

The only problem with that is that there are so little organic Separatist characters (Asajj, Dooku, Wat Tambor, Durge...etc.), and we already know what's going to happen to them eventually. The rest are all droids, and you really can't make a big death scene out of a droid.

And just stop with the ridiculous names already. SAVAGE OPPRESS?!?! AYFKM? Yeah, the French inflection really makes him sound bad-ass. It's not even cute or clever anymore, it's just lazy. That schtick stopped being funny about 8 Bond movies ago.

Savage (when pronounced in the show) sounds too much like 'Asajj.' I wouldn't be surprised if they got some influence there. To me Savage is completely unecessary, there was really no need to make him up. But either way, I'm happy he's there. He'll make a good action figure at the very least. ;D But I think we all know he's gonna die within this show...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:31 PM by Jabba the Slug »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 11:12 PM »
It seems like a nod to A) over-the-top-names in some of the inspiration for Clone Wars, and Star Wars as a greater whole, and B) also a direct link to the, "There are Heroes on both sides", line...  Those "heroes" will make good cannon-fodder for dramatic exits I think (hope) ala Grievous and Kenobi going at it.

I'm not in love with the name, but seeing a big badass Zabrak is kind of neat.  Like Dooku's always looking for the next counter-punch to a Jedi...  Assajj, Bounty Hunters, Grievous, and so on are all good characters in their own ways, but having more is like having more Jedi is all.