Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149143 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 4, 2010, 12:02 PM »
yeah Embo was definitly in the episode

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 8, 2010, 11:10 PM »
Tonight's episode...I dunno. When the show gets too talky, my suspension of disbelief in the animation starts to wander in terms of voices matching up the characters...(I've still got mixed feelings about some character designs even this far along), as well as seeing reused character models. Looks like they kept reusing the same Mandalorian boy.

And this was the opening of an arc?  It's notable that'll be the 3rd episode in a row focusing on female protagonists (Okay, the Baron and his son split "Sphere of Influence", though they were really guest stars).

Were the reptillian smuggler aliens supposed to be Xizor's race...probably not, but I thought maybe at first.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 9, 2010, 01:00 AM »
Definitely a sleeper episode. I did notice that the Mando boy model kept getting reused, too.

I'm not looking foward to next week's episode, either, even though it has Ahsoka. Probably a way to bring interest to the episode. The last 2 episodes (including this one) haven't done anything for the Clone Wars story. They could have been included in any other time frame.

I still think the first 2 episodes were the best. But I'm seriously disappointed with the direction of the season so far.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 9, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Another stinker.  First 2 episodes were so great....What happend  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #109 on: October 9, 2010, 01:29 PM »
I don't know what's worse... that I was actually excited by the prospect of a Padme/Satine episode, or that I almost fell asleep during this.

Trade routes and political intrigue are ambitious goals for any writer of a cartoon, but you have to have good writing and this episode didn't.  You can't endlessly repeat 'trade routes' and 'corruption' to bring your point home.  Besides the guy at the dock, we need to see this corrpution at work.  Nor can you have Satine be so naive.  After the experience with Death Watch, she'd have to be much more accepting of her people's failings.  Also, have Padme and Satine investigate the plot themselves (no Mandalore CSI?  No matters of state for them to deal with?) was a little much.

One more week of this doesn't bode well either.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2010, 10:10 AM »
I was laughing my ass off at how many times they said "corruption". It seemed like maybe Lucas wrote the dialouge for this episode.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2010, 05:13 PM »
This episode was clearly just a set-up for next week, but it really didn't hold my attention too well.  It didn't help my one week old kid was a little fussy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Yeah, it was everything it was cracked up to be...B-O-R-I-N-G.

I also found it weird that they felt the need to introduce a whole new species. There are already so many existing ones in the canon they could have chosen from. Instead they just go all Stargate and whip something out of their arses. Seemed contrived and pointless.

I found myself  musing whether they would ever make a figure out of those Mando royal guards, they get a lot more screen time than those ridiculous cops.

I wonder if it is a source of contention between Hasbro and Filoni how much they feature Satine on the show. I feel like it must really grind Hasbro's nuts because her omission from the animated line becomes increasingly glaring with each passing episode. (IMHO)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32 AM »
I just got to watch this week's episode tonight...  and yeah, I didn't care for it.

I actually liked the political story for what it was, but as far as excitement, it was a big empty waste.

I thought the story also was so far removed from the central theme of "The Clone Wars" as well...  It may play out more in the next episode that it ties to the war a bit more than was led on, but it really just was this pretty wholely separate bunch of **** going on, very loosely having anything to do with the war. 

The only cool thing were Satine's personal guard and their somewhat badass behavior... 

I was ok with the new species being introduced though, actually.  It was one of the few positives.  There are only so many species seen in the film before the redundancy of a galaxy comprised of, "a million million worlds" becomes comical because you only see so many species in the toon.  That's what I like about some EU, when they introduce the Chiss, or the freaky guy Maul had to kill in an arena-type situation to prove himself to Palpatine back in the day.

You can only re-use Gotals, Ithorians, Quarren and the like, so often, and seeing movie aliens all the time is still highly limited.  Though I did think the new alien guys were kind of lame looking.  Maybe if they didn't have the ancient Egyptian outfits on, they'd have been cooler.  What's wrong with clothes like Han for these guys to wear, ya know?  Jackets, a shirt, and pants, with some boots.  Simple.

This episode really was wanting though...  It felt like there was some previous episode missing that may turn up later showing that Padme's being used in part of a greater plot to undermine Mandalore and bring them back into the Republic flock.  I dunno. 

The fact their planet is all blue-eyed and blonde is getting a little weird too.  There's hardly anyone else...  Though there was that very Jango-like guy that got questioned by the Dutchess and Padme. 

I dunno though, this one just stunk to me too.  Next week is a continuation of it, so I hope it is an improvement of the episode, and not just more of the same junk.  It looks slightly more interesting, but not much, so I'm holding only a sliver of hope at this time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2010, 12:16 PM »
I thought this last episode was a bit on the boring side as well.  I mean, I don't mind them doing episodes like this necessarily...but I just didn't find it real interesting.  I always think about what the 8-10 year old bracket would think, and I think if we're bored by something like this, they are bored to tears.  I don't know if it would be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the season sort of started with a "bang", and has been a bit slower since then (at least so far, it is still early).  I did like the Greedo/Papanoida episode some though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Outside of the first two episodes this season stinks so far and is the weakest of the three. This weeks upcoming episode does not look too promising either. They promoted this season to be dark and to have "Secrets Revealed", in my opinion, the only Secret Revealed is that the season is no where near as exciting as the trailers showed them to be.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2010, 11:08 AM »
The fact their planet is all blue-eyed and blonde is getting a little weird too.  There's hardly anyone else...  Though there was that very Jango-like guy that got questioned by the Dutchess and Padme. 

co-sign.

They need to establish once and for all whether Jango is a Mandalorian or not. This series would be an excellent place to explore his backstory. (Yes, I'm sure some dweeb comic book writer has already created a backstory, but nevermind that)

Why is he the only swarthy looking Mando with an Australian accent?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Actually Jango's backstory was fleshed out in some kind of cooperation with the filming of AOTC...  It's probably one of the better established storylines for a character.  He even got a video game at the time as well, which is still a blast to play.

Don't really recall them saying specifically that he's from Mandalore though, but I just always assumed he was since he was a Mandalorian Warrior and all that jazz.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2010, 03:49 PM »
They need to establish once and for all whether Jango is a Mandalorian or not. This series would be an excellent place to explore his backstory. (Yes, I'm sure some dweeb comic book writer has already created a backstory, but nevermind that)

Why is he the only swarthy looking Mando with an Australian accent?

I so wish they would explore this instead of tainted kids "soft drinks".
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Interesting video on SW.com, as per our story on the front page...

Seems like Ahsoka's moving towards Padme on Mandalore may have something to do with this.  Perhaps these episodes are part of a greater whole?