Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149133 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Yeah, don't bother sending anyone down to check the wreckage or anything. Jedis R stupid.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2010, 01:46 PM »
I'm looking forward to the new Clone Wars tonight. Aurra is one of the greatest characterizations on the show so it'll be nice to see what torment she puts our heroes through this week.  :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:46 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42 PM »
I think everything that happened this season took places before the end of season 1. Some stuff that happened last season did, too, not just the Admiral Trench episode, the Boba Fett story and possibly the Mandalore arc, too.

Holocron Heist may be the most recent episode in the time line...or is it Zilla beast? No idea. None. It's a damn mess. They expect kids to follow this? I can't.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2010, 12:37 AM »
The "Assassin" episode was pretty good. Not outstanding (as far as my expectations, I thought the plot would be darker), but cool. Aurra Sing locking herself in the room with Ahsoka and Padme was just bad-ass.

I hate that we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Much better - not great, but much better.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2010, 12:49 PM »
I thought the use of Leia's theme on Alderaan was a nice touch as well as the nod to Blade Runner for Aurra Sing's eye makeup.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2010, 10:35 PM »
Holocron Heist may be the most recent episode in the time line...or is it Zilla beast? No idea. None. It's a damn mess. They expect kids to follow this? I can't.

Saw this on the official site, which clears it up a little bit -

In a chronological flow of events, the series begins with the action on Christophsis ("Cat and Mouse," "The Hidden Enemy"), which introduces Ahsoka to the Clone Wars ("The New Padawan," which was incorporated into feature film). Then, the kidnapping of Rotta the Hutt introduces Ziro the Hutt, and the movie ends with Ziro's incarceration. Many Season One and Season Two episodes then follow, with Season Two's trilogy of Boba Fett episodes introducing Aurra Sing into the storyline. The crashing of the Slave I leads the Jedi to mistakenly believe that Aurra is dead, until she surfaces in this episode, which brings back Ziro -- chronologically -- for the first time since his imprisonment. The story continues in the next Season Three episode, "Evil Plans", and Aurra will somehow be freed from captivity in time for Cad Bane's attack on the Senate in Season One's "Hostage Crisis." The drama surrounding Ziro and his freedom then picks up in "Hunt for Ziro," the ninth episode of this season.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2010, 01:20 AM »
So it seems that the "Hostage Crisis" episode (Season1 finale) is the latest episode in the TCW timeline thus far, but I'm sure there are other stand-alone episodes that can take place after that.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2010, 11:41 PM »
I thought this past week's episode was actually pretty good in the sense that it's fleshing out Ahsoka's character, and her growth, and also touching on her negative traits a little bit (a little too over-zealous for a fight it seems).  I enjoyed it from that aspect then.  It had a lot of action, but also a lot of interesting growth to Ahsoka's character in particular.  You can also see how she furthers herself in Anakin's eyes, and could ultimately play a part in his downfall.  She's saved his wife's life now.  Losing her's going to be much more difficult for him the more she becomes a big part of his personal life.  And of course we all know how well he deals with letting go. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Better, but the time shifting has become confusing to the point of distraction. Even LOST wasn't this all over the place.

Felt like we could have gotten more than "Hondo pulled me out of the wreckage" as far as Aurra's backstory. Is Hondo fireproof too? Because the Slave 1 clearly EXPLODED on impact. I think they would have been better off with the old "thrown from the wreckage" or "jettisoned before impact" excuses.

I'm just waiting for them to have Hondo pull out the Slave 1 from his secret interstellar garage, with only a dented fender.  ::)

I also find some of the technological incongruities baffling. You've mastered faster-than-light travel, but can't design an effective blaster shield? You can create sentient androids but can't security scan a building for intruders? You can't even monitor prisoner visits and conversations?

I know it's a kid focused show, but the writers are just getting lazy.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Found this on twitter today: Ahsoka to get a makeover

I like it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2010, 07:04 PM »
I like it too, that's cool...  She's what, 15, 16?  She should probably be growing up here...  I dig that they're making sure her headtails grew with the rest of her too.  I've liked her character a lot more than I originally thought I would, so seeing her get a make-over's cool.  Plus I like that she's not got the bikini top thing going on it seems.  I didn't care for that.  Not every alien female is raiding Aayla Secura's wardrobe.

I'd really love a realistic Ahsoka someday...  She's become such an integral part of the CW era, it sort of sucks not having one to put with a CW Ani.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2010, 02:24 AM »
I wonder if her new makeover is part of some vision she has - what if it revealed/offered a sneak peak into her eventual fate? That'd be pretty cool.

Since TCW episodes have been in mixed order chronologically, I wonder how far ahead the crew is planning to jump. I mean, they've been showing episodes mostly in Star Wars year 22 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin). So I wonder if they're going to go another year into the war (21 BBY), which would explain Ahoska's longer head tails in the picture.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2010, 12:29 PM »
I'm in the camp that is enjoying this version of Ahsoka as well, and look forward to when we see this transition (or maybe it is just a future vision or something).  Like Jesse mentioned, she is a character that I've grown to like more as the series has gone on (and I'd also like to see a realistic styled Ahsoka figure as well).

As a side note to the discussion on the current season, I think - aside from the premiere and last week's episode - it has been a little slow/boring so far this year.  I'm still enjoying CW as a whole, and look forward to it each week, but it has sort of dragged since the premiere for me.  I liked last week's episode, mainly because I like the character of Aurra Sing, but the previous 3 (maybe four) were kind of forgettable.  Hopefully we'll ramp up the action and actually see some more Jedi in action (other than Ahsoka).  I think they were starting to cover all the things that many people hated about the prequels - lots of senate, trade routes, and now even school cafeteria action - hopefully they get back to the actiony, OT-feel episdes that have been some of the best of the series the past couple years.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2010, 10:22 AM »
I picked up a SW Insider yesterday, and it had some brief previews for the next four episodes of Clone Wars.  The next two possibly have potential, but then the following two sound similar to this "boring trilogy" we had lately with more Padme and senate stuff.  I guess you never know though.

Evil Plans - While on an important shopping trip on Coruscant, C-3PO is kidnapped by Cad Bane in a plot to free Ziro the Hutt.  Can R2 help his counterpart escape in time to warn the Jedi?

Hunt for Ziro - The Hutt Council is after Ziro, but they aren't the only ones.  Will they catch up with him, or can Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos bring him to justice? (Sy Snootles is shown in a preview pic here as well)

Heroes on Both Sides - Padme and Ahsoka travel to Raxus in an attempt to forge a peace agreement with the Seperatists.  As Padme enlists the help of her former mentor, Mina Bonteri, Ahsoka learns some valuable lessons about the realities of war.

Pursuit of Peace - Senators Amidala, Organa, and Farr come under fire after opposing a bill that would appropriate funds for millions of new clone troopers, but cripple the republic.

The description of that last episode reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where they go see the Phantom Menace (or their version of it) when an AT-AT comes smashing through the senate, then proceeds to discuss appropriations and things like that.