Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread  (Read 149113 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 5, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Lots of Todo in a surprisingly well done prequel to the Ziro breakout episode.  What seemed kind of a languid episode (and potentially another political snoozer) was really livened up by nice charatcer turns for Anakin/Padme (like the Ziro ep this precedes in the timeline, the depiction of them as two overwhelmed kids trying to play house utterly puts to shame the movies) and 3-PO and R2.  The other really cool thing

SPOILER

was the introduction of the Hutt family bosses.  Some cool designs and a nice set up for next week.  Here's hoping we've turned a corner.  The writing on the show is very schizo.  About as a schizo as this timeline jumping.  It's ok - not necessary - but as we've seen we will be jumping ahead, so maybe it's more that they are trying to cover some ground they felt was missed before they proceed further into the future (ROTS).

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 6, 2010, 01:31 AM »
I didn't think the episode was great, but it's supposed to be a lead-into next week's more action-packed episode. I'm looking forward to seeing Bane face off against both Obi-Wan and Quilan Vos.

I think Todo's characterization in this episode was great, though, it was funny to hear a small, even cute, little droid like him say how we would personally dismantle R2-D2 plate by plate. We saw an "evil" side to him that we didn't see in his 1st appearance in Season 2. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 6, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Todo rocked!  Thanks for the memories....   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #183 on: November 8, 2010, 12:24 PM »
While this episode was a improvement enough of the set up stories already. No more Senate woes, no more Padme please! We are 1/3rd through this season and the overall consensus from fans seem to be disappointment. I hope from here on out it's all action, this week's episode looks very promising, I am really looking forward to it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 8, 2010, 01:38 PM »
Meh, I prefer to think of it as Adam P mentioned this morning, as a better-than-average episode of Droids, rather than a below average episode of TCW.

The Hutts were by far the best thing out of the episode. I really liked the non-morbidly obese one in particular.

I enjoy Todo in principle, but Seth always sounds too much like Seth to me. And after seeing him in action again, I can already tell I am going to be disappointed that the figure's legs won't combine to form the uni-wheel.  :(  That would have been wicked cool.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #185 on: November 8, 2010, 03:00 PM »
And after seeing him in action again, I can already tell I am going to be disappointed that the figure's legs won't combine to form the uni-wheel.  :(  That would have been wicked cool.

Congrats, you just gave Hasbro another figure to retool and re-release in 6 mo.  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 9, 2010, 01:06 AM »
I went to Borders and read through the latest 'Insider' magazine, and saw the page that previews the next few episodes, as someone above mentioned.

The episode after the "Hunt for Ziro" episode will debut Ahsoka's new look, new costume and longer headtails. So I'm guessing that maybe all the episodes we've seen to date in Season 3 have been in the "past", while this particular episode with the "new" Ahsoka finally jumps forward and starts a new timeline within the Clone Wars.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #187 on: November 9, 2010, 12:45 PM »
I hope so, it makes sense if that the way it pans out but they really should have placed dates to make "past" episodes more apparent. I have only watched a very select few episodes more than once so I need a reminder on a few of these story lines.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2010, 01:46 AM »
The Official Site is accepting RSVPs for free theatrical private screenings of something Savage Opress-related... I'm really hooked now.

Apparently the screening offers an in-depth look at Darth Maul's entire story from beginning to end, and being that there's barely any story, there's so much ground the crew has potential to cover. I immediately tried to RSVP, but apparently someone already has the same username and email. Hmm. Very suspicious...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Very cool, but I'm not driving all the way to D.C. just for a 10 minute sneak peek, or whatever it likely will be.

Hope they tread carefully with any backstory, sometimes it's cooler the LESS you know about a character. (ahem, Boba Fett)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Hope they tread carefully with any backstory, sometimes it's cooler the LESS you know about a character. (ahem, Boba Fett)

Bingo! That's what use to make Boba Fett cool.

I caught up on Wookiepedia to get squared away on the time line debacle. I did not realize that everything we have seen thus far has been past events. This season has not only been disappointing thus far, its been confusing too. They need to add star dates in the beginning of each episode so we know where we are in the stories time line.

So who thinks Vo will go Ninja Turtles on his surf board in this weeks episode?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2010, 05:53 PM »
So who thinks Vo will go Ninja Turtles on his surf board in this weeks episode?

Oh gosh, that's exactly what the preview and action figure have been making him out to be thus far.

I wonder if Filoni takes any look at the character backstories before going ahead and smashing them down. Because that's exactly what's been happening so far.

The Savage episode, according to the RSVP site, will air January 7th. So I'm guessing that's when the show will finally pick up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2010, 08:45 PM »
The Yahoo! video promoted on the front page is pretty cool...  :)  Totally worth checking out.

I've still not watched last week's episode so I'm ignoring the thread till I get the chance.  Savage Opress seems a lot cooler after this video though.  A real, well, savage guy. 

And Clone Commandoes...  finally.  They've only been in the war since the first day of it.  ::)  Nice to see them getting screen time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Holy...crap...!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Have to admit, that Yahoo preview does make Opress look pretty cool.  I wonder how far out that episode(s) is with Lucasfilm promoting it in a fairly significant way.  I guess I didn't even realize he would be using an actual lightsaber and training as a Sith.  You can definitely see that Lucasfilm was thinking "Man, Darth Maul really was a cool character, we shouldn't have offed him so quickly", and is trying to make up for it a bit with this.  I hope it turns out good, looking forward to seeing it.  With the way some of this season has been, Opress will probably be a "Senator in disguise" :)