Author Topic: JABBA THE HUTT  (Read 7361 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: New JABBA COMING-From ROTJ or ANH!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 02:14 AM »
my last bib fortuna died...
i'd much rather him come with a bib rather than an expected salacious
hehe

bib is so needed. its not even funny.

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #16 on: August 1, 2003, 12:45 AM »
Hey guys...

Sorry not much news lately from my HK source. Hasbro is in full throttle production wise for time lost w/ SARS and also normal orders.

Once I get any word on any more stuff or what's been talked about I will let all know...

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New JABBA COMING
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2003, 03:53 PM »
Ugh.  I don't know if I like how this sounds so much...  From GH:

We won't see all new toolings for the upcoming Deluxe Jabba the Hutt, but it will be more ROTJ movie accurate, including new and improved deco. The gangster slug will have a new head and an older torso with a tail that hooks around. A hooka pipe, chubbas, and railing from his throne are included. Jabba also has a movable tongue which can be taken out and replaced with the pipe.

If Hasbro skimps out on this figure as it sounds like they will, I'm going to be VERY pissed!  Older torso?!  Say what?!  I don't like the torsos of ANY of the three previous Jabbas, and I highly doubt they'll use the vintage mold which is better than all of these.  Very poor cost cutting decision on one of the most highly anticipated figures of the modern era.  I am now very much dreading my SW Insider #71 issue...   :(

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2003, 05:03 PM »
As I had mentioned the Jabba was scaled back... and I guess we know how much now  >:(

The Jabba is now said to come w/ his pipe, frogs, and bong... A far cry from what it was originally due to come packed w/...

I talked earlier today to my guy in HK and he mentioned I was a decision based on Hasbro's 2004 plan of doing figure waves and deluxe. The cost of the throne would have increased the price, obviously, and so they scrapped some of the inclusions to lower the price point and make it more "deluxe"...

This is one case were it's incredibly justifiable to b**** out... I mean when is the next time we'll see a Retutn Jabba???  :-\

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't have winked an eye about paying more for a Jabba w/ all the little extras he deserves.

As of now I understand the Jabba will have a totally new sculpted head though he will sport the glob body...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2003, 07:10 PM »
I built a custom dias a few years back, and I love it. It works out for me, but not everybody wants to build their own dias.

Hopefully Hasbro will make some kind of playset with the dias included... I dunno.

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2003, 07:36 PM »
I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD ABOUT THE MOST REQUESTED FIGURE
US COLLECTORS HAVE BEEN AFTER.  A RESULPT!!!!  hasbro!!!!!  IT
IS TIME FELLOW COLLECTORS THAT hasbro HEAR OUR CONCERNS
ABOUT THIS!!!!!  NOW!!!!! DO NOT WAIT -SOME ONE START  A PETITION
OR SOMETHING LET HASBRO KNOW THAT THIS IS A POOR DECISION!!!
THIS IS THE REASON WHY IT WAS GOING TO BE SHOWN IN THE
INSIDER BECAUSE hasbRO knew that they would caught HELL at
Q and  A time from us collectors!!!!! I have not seen the piece yet
and I am dissapointed NO THRONE!!!! WHAT THE H_____!!!!!!!!!
 >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2003, 07:41 PM »
Don't like the sound of that GH report at all.  >:(

I'm going to be sorely disappointed if something as long-awaited as the ROTJ Jabba turns out to be a dud. Of all the things to cut costs on, this is the wrong thing. We've waited years for... a retooling? No dias? Bah!

I've always figured we were waiting so long for this because it needed to be done right - dino-skin, poseable tail, all the accessories, quality paint apps, and perhaps a pack-in figure, like a seated Leia. Too bad to hear that doesn't seem to be the plan.

After all this time I'd rather have no Jabba than blow the chance to do it right. Fingers crossed it all turns out ok...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2003, 08:04 PM »
I like the idea about the new head with the moveable/removeable tongue, but an old torso? >:( If they don't use the Vintage mold, then I'm guessing that they will either be using the POTF2 body (From the Han 2pack, with moving tail), or the Jabba Glob mold.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2003, 08:36 PM »
As I mentioned above it is not coming w/ the dais/throne... Also as I mentioned fromw hat I have heard from someone preety much in the know in Hong Kong is that they will be reusing the Jabba glob body...

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2003, 07:23 PM »
I'm just dumfounded that after ALL this time, Hasbro's going to lay another partial rehash on us.  I agree with SilverZed3's comments, that I thought the delay was due to them wanting to really put out an amazing figure.  If it winds up with the Jabba Glob's torso, that's just going to be an absolute crime.   >:(  That thing is so not to scale, it's not even funny.  It's less than half the size an authentically scaled Jabba should be!  After all the great 2004 news and pictures, this announcement is just a terrible setback in the righting of the last years wrongs.

What's the problem with putting out a Deluxe Beast at a higher price point, as was done previously with the Rancor and Bantha?  Those both sold very well from what I recall.  If those new Jabba blows as bad as I'm anticipating, I'll likely just be sticking with my very nicely done vintage version.  It's a crying shame that a toy company from two decades ago (Kenner) can make a much nicer figure than what we're likely to see soon from Hasbro!

Hopefully his picture in the upcoming insider will prove me wrong though, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Jabba Throne .....An Excellent Idea HASBRO!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2003, 08:02 AM »
Recently we have been told that Hasbro is not putting
the dias wit the new deluxe Jabba coming in 2004.
Hasbro had to cut back because of the price concern.

IDEA HASBRO!!!!!  HOPE YOU LISTENING!!!!!!!!!

Include the DIAS which is already scultpted in the
NEW JABBA  PALACE 4 PK (a TOY'R US exlusive)
Include:
1. Ree-Yees(A hard to get figure)
2.Jawa(with fan like in the movie)
3.Beedo(Greedo resulpt-great accessory)
4.BJ-38(the other droid in the torture room-just
            resculpt a new head and put it on a
            EVE-9D9 body)

and finally a    DIAS!!!!!!! Which would make EVERY COLLECTOR HAPPY!!!!! A Win for HASBRO. A Win for the KIDS. A Win for the Collectors!!!!!!!!    

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba Throne .....An Excellent Idea HASBRO!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2003, 09:14 AM »
Sometimes ideas are just TOO good.

While this makes sense for collectors who want to have the whole set, including the dias in the TRU set doesn't really add much (if any) play value to that set. And the notion that you need to buy an exclusive to complete your Jabba is pretty shady.

I know I'D buy it, but I think TRU would rather have components to the droid torture chamber than an empty dias. It's a good thought, though.

Personally, I'd rather the new Jabba come with his dias AND a somewhat dedicated reclined Slave Leia. But that's just silly talk.
Post sober.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba Throne .....An Excellent Idea HASBRO!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Cool idea.  But it's DAIS, no DIAS.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: JABBA THE HUTT
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Well I guess the old Jabba from 1983 is still the best Jabba we are probably ever going to get.  1983 - geez.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: JABBA THE HUTT
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2003, 02:36 PM »
I actually have the EPISODE I  Jabba glob on the vintage throne.  It looks pretty cool like that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback