Author Topic: K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive  (Read 55134 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Kinda frustrating that we have THREE K-Marts here and none of them have gotten even a whiff of these yet. Plenty of room on the pegs too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2010, 09:12 PM »
So I cracked him open...

He's really cool.

I think I'm going to do a mini/quick review of him because I enjoyed him as a figure that much, and because it's the first new thing I've bought in a long dry spell.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Kudos to Big K on being relevant again.  I don't think I've bought anything there in years.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Kudos to Big K on being relevant again.  I don't think I've bought anything there in years.

I've bought some white cheddar popcorn seasoning a few months back in preperation for Iron Man 2 - not to mention Bane's Speeder in the last week or two.  Long Live the 80's - and white cheddar popcorn seasoning!  well not really, but kmart was pretty big back in the day...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Kinda frustrating that we have THREE K-Marts here and none of them have gotten even a whiff of these yet. Plenty of room on the pegs too.

No luck for me either. I'm still surprised that K-Mart has a worthwhile exclusive at a reasonable price. If anyone is interested, Banthaskull.com is holding a neat contest where you can win a FREE Jodo Kast. Just remember that I referred you if you choose to enter.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2010, 10:42 PM »

I think people don't utilize them enough...  They're a little more than everywhere else, but figures are $8.50...  That's not that much more if you're really strapped to find something.  KM around here almost always gets in waves other stores don't for some reason too.  I find it very odd how they almost always seem to be on that stuff that just is impossible to find at WM or Target for me.

The only time I really ever buy in bulk though is when they do BOGO50% off sales, which they always seem to do at the exactly right moment.  I stocked up on ANH wave figures from this past year for instance.  They had other cool stuff in for the same sale earlier in the year.  Lots of army builders.  I really have dropped a lot of coin at KM then because of those sales.

I buy at Target and WM of course, and they're a better price always, but I never completely dismiss K-Mart.  They're still common up this way, moreso than WM and Target even for the most part, so I keep them on the list.

I even noticed their mid-size vehicles are cheaper than WM and Target...  by a lot.   :o  And not clearance...  Weird stuff.

They haven't had a aworthy exxclusive since the 501st Legion battlepack in the ROTS days though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2010, 09:25 AM »
Another sorta sissy-looking Mandalorian, but I'm used to it.  I guess they're all kind of not tough looking except maybe Boba and Jango.

I can not for the life of me remember his name, but he looks just like a comic I saw on Comedy Central the other day..  Down to the haircut & everything...

Found him, Shane Mauss.

Not vouching for his comedy, just that he looks like Jodo....
I am not the Stig

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 4, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Finally found this today, glad I can stop hunting for stuff at K-Mart.  :P
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 5, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Finally found this today, glad I can stop hunting for stuff at K-Mart.  :P

Is that because going to K-Mart is depressing or its nearly impossible to find anytihng in the Toy section?   I'm thinking their stocking method is to shoot items out of one of those t-shirt guns randomly into the toy area...
I am not the Stig

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 5, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Thanks Jesse!
« Last Edit: August 6, 2010, 02:53 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 6, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I'm not sure about the K-Marts near you guys, but the only one remotely close to me is a pile.  They never have new figs and the ones they do have are at least $1 or more than Target/Walmart/TRU prices.  Prices may be better nowadays, but I remember finding a mid-size ship I wanted there last year and it was $35.  TEN BUCKS more than what you find at Target (or $15 this week) is ridiculous and that's what makes me not want to ever shop there.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #86 on: August 6, 2010, 10:06 AM »
I'm not sure about the K-Marts near you guys, but the only one remotely close to me is a pile.  They never have new figs and the ones they do have are at least $1 or more than Target/Walmart/TRU prices.  Prices may be better nowadays, but I remember finding a mid-size ship I wanted there last year and it was $35.  TEN BUCKS more than what you find at Target (or $15 this week) is ridiculous and that's what makes me not want to ever shop there.

I heard that K-Mart is planning on refocusing their attention to collectors and Star Wars in particular and want to offer up more (and better) exclusives than they have in the past. Sounds promising, but I wonder if they'll still come at a price when compared to other retailers. If so, it may be for naught.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: August 7, 2010, 03:13 AM »

To be fair, you guys live in the land of Target right?  Haven't they all but beaten down a lot of the competition in that area, or is it at least even with WM mostly?  ;)  I picture driving into MN and it's nothing but red dots along the freeway, one visible from the next's parking lot, haha.

Around me and in the NE in general, KM is still a larger company which often covers areas that don't have WM or Target (much less TRU) that are 15 minutes from one another all over...  Some of our areas have gotten similar to that, but they're few compared to other parts of the country.

So KM here is hit and miss in terms of quality...  For me, I live 45 mins or so NE of Pittsburgh, which is a pretty rural area, and KM is all there is here.  I have 2 KM's before I have any other large retailer to shop at.  Nearest WM to me is 25 or 30 minutes (2 within that distance in 2 directions).  The nearest Target for me is at least a half hour.  Most are at least 45 mins in various directions.

TRU is about the same, and they're only around malls.

So my KM is ok...  It's not great, it's not as nice as Target or even WM (which I have a few WM's I visit that are pretty new/nice).  But it's around, so I shop there.

They have figures priced at $8.50 here about...  $8.49 I believe, which puts them about $.50 more than most retailers.  Also KM is the ONLY store other than TRU that runs any kind of BOGO sale, which is always a value then.  I got the entire TPM wave, which is IMPOSSIBLE to find here at any retailer except KM, on sale for BOGO...  They put out brand new waves every time they run one of those sales too.  They don't  just use it to clear up stuff that's been there for months.

I stocked up bigtime last year, at least twice, on their sales.  I got ROTJ wave in bulk, I got a bunch of ANH wave when it was brand new, and for BOGO, and I got that TPM wave I recall.

Right now their mid-size vehicles are $21.99...  That's a ****load cheaper than other stores.  Their deluxe fig/vehicle like is $16.99 I think (I don't know what its normal price is though  since I rarely buy it).  And the Jodo Kast figure was $8.99 for me...  I was ecstatic to get an exclusive fig for that low a price at a any store.

Their AT-AT is $99.99 too...  I haven't seen their Vintage and SotDS packaging basic figures out yet though, to compare those prices.   :-\

I've found KM is best when they have stuff on sale though...  This is just a general shopping POV I mean.  Candy, or paper, or whatever, is best when it's on sale.

Oh, and KM now has a rewards card where you earn money back on purchases as well...  So if you were to buy  there much, you're earning something back too, which is nice, and it accumulates for a year.  It also works at Sears too, and if you use Craftsman tools that's a nice plus.

K-Mart has its place then, at least to me...  But I've been in KM's which have hung on in areas where there isn't likely to be more construction/development, and KM's all there is, and theyr'e a real hole...  The area they're in probably has a lot more to do with that though.

Mine's clean and stuff...  The employees are as helpful as any other retailer.

I'd not heard what Jayson mentioned, but that's interesting.  I'm all in on that then...  I'd love more quality exclusives to K-Mart stores.  Their Clone 4-packs aren't exactly inspiring me with hope for that though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 7, 2010, 09:02 PM »
I saw a case of the new Vintage stuff last night at K-Mart for the first time Jesse, they were priced at $8.49 each. That puts them right in between Target and TRU...no idea about Walmart as all the ones around here have yet to fully reset.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: August 9, 2010, 03:27 AM »
That's what I was figuring they'd be since that's what Legacy/CW was at.  I'm wondering (doubting) they'll price CW/Legends $1 though...  Be nice if they did, but I just doubt it.

At $8.49 though, that's not bad considering Target is $7.99...  $.50 adds up fast, but if they're a brand new wave and you're not buying extras, it's excusable to cave at KM sometimes...  I try to go where it's cheapest out of principle though.  Now when KM runs a sale though, I try to clean house.