Author Topic: K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive  (Read 55132 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: K-Mart Legends Jodo Kast exclusive
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2010, 09:00 PM »
The same forum member, Gorkoracing, has now posted an image of the card back:

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35 AM »
The cardback image looks nice.  So much better than the last offering of this figure. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Do we have a release date for this?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Is that what Jodo Kast really looks like under the helmet? It seems like every Mandalorian figure we've gotten either looks like a pasty video gamer, or a big Fallout Boy fan. I'm starting to understand why the Mandalorians were wiped out...but the whole idea of them being "feared warriors" is flying out the window with each crappy headsculpt. Can't we just have one Mandalorian who's hideously scarred or at least looks tougher than the Jonas Brothers?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 01:44 PM »
That's actually pretty close tot he portrayal of him in the comics.  They weren't all hideously scarred under there, but I agree that we should get a few mandalorians that look a little rougher next time they go with one of these guys.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Yeah...I'll be happy with at least one Mandalorian who doesn't look like he cries during romantic comedies.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 02:55 PM »
There are some EU stories out there, too, with Grand Admiral Thrawn masquerading as Jodo Kast...that's the version of the figure that would bowl me over.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 03:36 PM »
According to Yakface's rumor this guy's due next month, which is not far off.  So maybe something to look for during the Summer afterall?  He's not even been officially announced yet though.  You'd think Hasbro would want to give you a heads up on it. 

Either way a cool figure so I'm happy to pick him up, and extra happy I never got the DF figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Is that what Jodo Kast really looks like under the helmet? It seems like every Mandalorian figure we've gotten either looks like a pasty video gamer, or a big Fallout Boy fan. I'm starting to understand why the Mandalorians were wiped out...but the whole idea of them being "feared warriors" is flying out the window with each crappy headsculpt. Can't we just have one Mandalorian who's hideously scarred or at least looks tougher than the Jonas Brothers?

Yeah, I know what you mean.  They are not very fearsome looking.   

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 10:21 PM »
There are some EU stories out there, too, with Grand Admiral Thrawn masquerading as Jodo Kast...that's the version of the figure that would bowl me over.

That's a great idea for a custom.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 11:53 AM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.  They are not very fearsome looking.   

I loved you post! It really bothered me how Emo they looked. The EE Mandos looked like a boy band. I am sure it was self indulgence of Hasbro or EE employees putting their likeness in there. Cannot blame them but scars and some scruff would go a long way.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Exactly...when your Mandalorians are more fresh-faced than farmboy Luke Skywalker, you've got a sculpting problem.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I loved you post! It really bothered me how Emo they looked. The EE Mandos looked like a boy band. I am sure it was self indulgence of Hasbro or EE employees putting their likeness in there. Cannot blame them but scars and some scruff would go a long way.

I'd say that's a little harsh... several of them are Hasbro employees.  (And some are probably Hasbro employees I haven't yet met.)  But if you put my head on there it'd be a lot uglier.  And don't forget, scars are real easy to add to an otherwise pristine figure...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 05:52 PM »
I am willing to allow hasbro to use my face for the next mando warrior  ;D I am pretty eveil and scruffy looking  :D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 11:26 AM »

I'd say that's a little harsh... several of them are Hasbro employees.  (And some are probably Hasbro employees I haven't yet met.)  But if you put my head on there it'd be a lot uglier.  And don't forget, scars are real easy to add to an otherwise pristine figure...

Well, just because they're employees doesn't mean they should have been sculpted as Mandalorians. That's kind of like when a director puts a family member (or significant other) in their movie in a role that completely doesn't suit them. You get the same type of groaning from that.