Author Topic: birth of darth vader battle pack M.I.A.  (Read 1182 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
birth of darth vader battle pack M.I.A.
« on: May 8, 2010, 10:09 AM »
has anyone seen this pack at retail,or is it a fall release?i saw someone over at rebelscum found this wave awhile back(like 2 months)but i have never seen it?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: birth of darth vader battle pack M.I.A.
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2010, 10:15 AM »
It's out. I've seen it a few times. Been tempted to pick one up for the droids.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I've seen it a couple of times as well.  But only at TRU stores.  It's not an exclusive, but that's the only chain where I've seen it in stock.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2010, 05:03 PM »
I've no interest in this thing or the other bp's in this wave, but I've only seen them once at TRU a few months back.  I guess they're up at HTS, or were?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2010, 05:28 PM »
I saw this at the local TRU, too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2010, 09:03 AM »
I saw this BP this past week at TRU as well - they restocked for the sale on BPs.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2010, 03:11 PM »
figures,the day after i start this thread i see this bp at tru,lol,the surprising thing is i have wanted it ever since i saw it was being produced,yet now that i spotted it at retail i passed,i think if they would have included the other surgical droid and maybe some detail to vaders collar breather i would have got it

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Well, I was forced to order the 2 BP's I wanted from this wave from HTS just last week, because they have NEVER been released here, and I'm starting to think they never will.

These are the only toys I have NEVER been able to find at a brick and mortar store. It's utterly baffling. They've been out for months in other states, and in quantity, but zilch in my area. And I was hitting 15-20 different stores every week for the past few months stalking them - TRU, Target, Walmart, K-Mart, you name it.

Lots of my stores have empty space for new BP's too, they just weren't stocking them AT ALL.

I have a theory about this: I think Hasbro really cut back their production #'s on the last few items in the red/white packaging, and will be pushing these in much greater quantities with the new look and packaging. I've already seen photos of at least 1 BP from this wave in the new deco, so it seems plausible they would recycle these in greater numbers after the relaunch.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Well, I was forced to order the 2 BP's I wanted from this wave from HTS just last week, because they have NEVER been released here, and I'm starting to think they never will.

These are the only toys I have NEVER been able to find at a brick and mortar store. It's utterly baffling. They've been out for months in other states, and in quantity, but zilch in my area. And I was hitting 15-20 different stores every week for the past few months stalking them - TRU, Target, Walmart, K-Mart, you name it.

Lots of my stores have empty space for new BP's too, they just weren't stocking them AT ALL.

I have a theory about this: I think Hasbro really cut back their production #'s on the last few items in the red/white packaging, and will be pushing these in much greater quantities with the new look and packaging. I've already seen photos of at least 1 BP from this wave in the new deco, so it seems plausible they would recycle these in greater numbers after the relaunch.
i think ur theory sounds legit,and dont feel bad,i too have been searching high and low for this bp and yesterday was the first time i have ever seen it

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33 PM »
I can understand why Hasbro used the outdated ROTS Vader and table, but I think they could have managed a newer Vader, perhaps from the Evo. set. It would have fit perfectly in the set, too. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
  • It's for display only!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14 AM »
I've only seen this one at TRU. If you keep it in the package, its cool.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours