Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Kul Teska  (Read 24303 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
TRU Exclusive Kul Teska
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Posted in the ST forums:

Kul Teska from the Republic Heroes video game

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:50 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: TRU Exclusive Kul Teska
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:09 AM »
While I do not collect the animated line I may have to pick this dude up. He looks big and somewhat realistic enough. If exclusives are going to be this cool I will have to quote a line from Revenge of the Nerds: "It's going to be a great year!! EeeerRRAAAGHHH, EeeerRRAAAGHHH, EeeerRRAAAGHHH!!!"
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Wow...Lots of new pics popping up this week.  Have no clue who this guy is, but he looks pretty cool.  Techno Unionish...Is he supposed to be animated style?  Doesn't look that way to me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:36 PM »
looked him up on Wookiepedia since I cannot see the pic at work - pretty interesting looking pics of this guy.

Doesn't this, along with Jodo, go against the we are taking a step back EU because collectors don't want EU statement?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 02:56 PM »
That's a nice looking figure - interesting that they're making this character, I guess he fits the bill of being "Agressive" enough for kids.

This should have come out at the same time as the game, but whatever. That would have required a well executed marketing plan.  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Being that he pretty much associated with all the baddies (Ventress, Dooku, Bane) and fought the cores (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka) in the game, it makes sense for Hasbro to release this. But to me, it's a very unbecoming figure.

So now that K-Mart gets Jodo, Toys R Us gets Kul Teska, and Walmart gets Jabba, what does Target get?? :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 12:44 AM »
So now that K-Mart gets Jodo, Toys R Us gets Kul Teska, and Walmart gets Jabba, what does Target get?? :(

Well, considering how utterly un-helpful most Target employees are, hopefully it's a kick in the crotch!  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Had to wait til I got home last night to actually view the pics. Very cool.

I'll be honest: I HATE HATE HATE this trend of them putting non-TCW EU into the TCW line. If they're not in the show, they need to be slotted into another line, IMO.

That said, this is a really cool sculpt and of course I'll be picking him up. I just wish they could have made him as Wat "Don't call me Jeffrey" Tambor instead.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 11:35 AM »
I'll be honest: I HATE HATE HATE this trend of them putting non-TCW EU into the TCW line. If they're not in the show, they need to be slotted into another line, IMO.

Considering that Star Wars: Republic Heroes is a game that bridges Seasons 1 and Seasons 2 of the Clone Wars series, I really don't think it's that big of a deal for a figure like this to come out.

To me, it's a lot less EU than Jacen Solo with snakes wrapped around himself.
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 02:46 PM »

Considering that Star Wars: Republic Heroes is a game that bridges Seasons 1 and Seasons 2 of the Clone Wars series, I really don't think it's that big of a deal for a figure like this to come out.

Yeah, that's a good point and one of the reasons I have no qualms about picking this up. This makes more sense to me than Quinlan Vos, for sure.

It does seem to fly in the face of their whole "it's a kid-based line" mentality though...seems like more of a collector-focused figure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Yeah, that's a good point and one of the reasons I have no qualms about picking this up. This makes more sense to me than Quinlan Vos, for sure.

It does seem to fly in the face of their whole "it's a kid-based line" mentality though...seems like more of a collector-focused figure.

It probably only makes more sense because we don't know what role (if any) Vos has in Season 3. As I recall, Vos was mentioned in the "Jedi Crash" epsiode from the first season so he was bound to turn up in the series (and figure line) sometime.

To me, Kul Teska and the Nikto Guard, both seem to be odd choices for exclusives.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 03:01 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Even odder for mainline figures though I suppose...  I get the Bounty Hunter theme thing they're going for, and kids dig bounty hunters.  But as an exclusive it makes it less kid, more adult I think.

What card it's on is pretty inconsequential to Hasbro I think...  I am guessing they're considering the "Dark Rising" storm cardbacks the "main" look of the line considering it will encompass everything from Clone Wars to Legends to vehicles and so on...  So I guess they figure it's better to put exclusives in that realm too.  Vintage is a less mainstream target for the most part it seems.  Or at least much more even than anything else is intended to be.

That's a big character too, so I don't know what he'd be able to fit on too, as cardbacks go, but probably not a vintage one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34 PM »
In hand pics and review over here.
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 09:13 PM »
In hand pics and review over here.

Attention whore.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:13 PM »
That is one CW fig I definitely want to get. He's HUGE!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010