Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Your #1 Action Figure

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jesse James:
VTSC IG-88 and VOTC/Early Bird Chewbacca figures...  To me, these two are probably the finest two basic figures in the modern line overall. 

I'd have to give honorable mention to the EU Dark Trooper Phase 1, and the BAD Dark Trooper. 

If I were to expand a bit and focus on the Empire, I'd go with the Spacetrooper and Black Pauldroned Sandtrooper (clean) as well...  Both make very good representations of the basic Stormtrooper, and the Sandtrooper one even includes everything you could want for the trooper's field gear short of extra ranks.  A close second and third for me would go to the VTSC Snowtrooper and the VTSC Biker Scout, as both are insanely accurate and detailed figures.

For the Rebel side of things, there isn't much, but I think the recent Pilot figures (Snowspeeder, A and B-Wingers, and X-Winger) are all great, as is the REbel Honor Guard which is not only obscure but very good.  Then the last one I'd mention for the Rebs is maybe my favorite, in the Hoth Rebel Soldier from last year.  It's fantastic, and such a shame we did not get the variation which was even better in terms of army building as it's generic.

From a purely aesthetic POV combined with "Wow that's a big figure", I'm always still impressed with Hermi Odle and Ephant Mon...  Outstanding individual figures if a little limited in poseability.

Matt R.:
is just for the modern line ? or does vintage count also?

Jesse James:
Nothing official to it, so I think it's whatever you want to say or what you like.

Darth_Anton:
Hard too say. There are so many great one now a days. Can't pick just one.

CloneF13Y35:
Vader has always been a favorite character to me so I'd say TSC Vader with all the articulation. Second was VOTC Vader except for the swivel arms. I also like Dagobah VAder and Emperors' Wrath Vader for POTJ line. Good and intersting scupts though articulation was not as great as it is now. I'm also partial to Boba Fett (Fett evo) and Jango eventhough his jumpsuit is purple and not blue. I also Like VTSC IG-88, great sculpt, tons of articulation - unfortunately many broken parts due to softer plastic. Cant wait for the re-release of it. I like the Endor C-3P0 a  lot due to bendy knees (FINALLY) but the gold finish rubbed off but still a very cool 3P0. And I guess lastly I'd say VTSC Tusken Raider/Sandperson. Love the soft goods cloak and skirt. Very good articulation even with swivel albows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version