Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 7  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wave 7
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:07 AM »
The Fwoosh has a sneak preview up of an upcoming DCUC Blue Beetle figure.  Looks pretty nice.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:24 PM by Scott »

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:43 PM »
That blue beetle is awesome.  Now my only question is, where the heck are the DCUC figures?  I thought wave 3 was supposed to hit late June/early July?  Has anyone seen them yet?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:50 PM »
I have not seen Wave 3, but I did see some figures from Wave 1 of the 3.75" Infinite Heroes at Target today (Zoom, Guy, Shazam). 

If those are shipping now, hopefully Wave 3 of the DCUC stuff isn't far behind...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 02:34 PM »
I have not seen Wave 3, but I did see some figures from Wave 1 of the 3.75" Infinite Heroes at Target today (Zoom, Guy, Shazam). 

If those are shipping now, hopefully Wave 3 of the DCUC stuff isn't far behind...

I've heard the Infinite Heroes stuff was hitting too, (although I haven't seen them here yet), how did they look Jeff?  From the pics online, it seems like they are ok figures, but fairly simplistic (at least compared to 6" scale stuff).  Sounds like it is a fairly affordable line though, which is getting rarer these days.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 02:55 PM »
The articulation wasn't that great, but it wasn't that bad either.  The paint aps weren't that great on the heads, but they weren't horrible either.  The sculpts weren't that great, but they weren't horrible either.  They were just sort of... fine, I guess.  They just seemed a little on the small side.  Sadly they reminded me more of a CORPS figure than a Star Wars figure.

I can't tell what it was exactly, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed in them.  Maybe I'm just so used to 7" DC figures that seeing them so small sort of made them look wimpy compared to the JLU/DCUC figures they were hanging mext to on the pegs.

I was planning on buying the GLs, but Guy's head was so poorly painted that I left him for now...  maybe down the road I guess.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Can somebody please release a decent Flash figure?  Pretty please.  Classic Barry Allen with a yellow chase.  Please. :-\

Wave 7... ;D

In 2009, waves are going to 7 figures.  Wave 7 is Barry Flash, Kid Flash, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Captain Cold, Barda and cammo Aquaman.  BAF is Atom Smasher

Pics starting here

Some news from the Mattel panel:

- They are launching their direct-to-consumer website Mattycollector.com. They have been working on it for awhile and are doing it because you asked for it.

- Matty is the original toy guru. A man with a interesting history. He started out as the Mattel spokeschild, worked all over the company (j/k). (Editors note. He kinda looks like The King's lost brother from Burger King).

- The countdown site is online now. Look for Matty's Meusem coming to the site.

- Movies Masters 6" Batpod will be released at Target.

- Comming in 2009 will be Batman Brave and The Bold figure.

- JLU will be available to non-Target stores outside the US in Spring 09.

- JLU Secret Identies are coming stating with Bruce Wayne, Batman Beyond and Warhawk

- 2009 we will likely see JLU Plastic Man and Firestorm. Of course this is only if support for the line continues.

- DC Infinite Heroes will see over 40 figures in 08 and be based on The Crisis storylines.

- Look for Aniti Monitor points on the back of the DCUI packaging and fans will want to keep them for SDCC 2009.

- Mattel SDCC exclusives will go on sale on their collector site on Monday.

- Wave 3 of DCUC will be available in about a week and a half. Wave 4 will be out in the Fall.

- Wave 2 will be rerelased after wave 3. They switched vendors for better quality and that delayed wave 2 some.

- Maskless Batman Beyond and Cyber Arm Cyborg will be released as KB exclusives.

- Ambush Bug is coming for DCUC.

- More TRU 2-Packs are coming. Cyborg Superman and Mongul. Hal Jordan And Abin Sur

- Waves of DCUC in 2009 will move up to 7 figures per wave.

- There will be exclusive DCUC 2-packs coming to Mattycollector as well.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Thanks for posting that info Mikey, it looks like this line will continue to impress.  I'm just so happy that we're getting Flash before too long.  I'm a little more of a fan of Wally Flash myself, but I know that Barry has a lot more support and I like him too.  I'm just happy we're getting a Flash either way (well, Flashes, I guess with Kid Flash).  The rest of the wave looks great too.  The Flash and Captain Cold are definite buys for me, and we'll see about the others.  I've picked up this whole line so far, but I'm debating if I should start picking and choosing or not.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 03:42 PM by Brian »

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 04:21 PM »
And seeing Ambush Bug added to the DCUC line is a bizarrely fantastic choice.
Does anyone here remember "Mazing Man" (think that was his name).  I doubt we would see him - but I would buy it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 08:41 AM »
I see that AFI's album has some nice pics of the 2 ups for Wave 7 of DCUC.  More pics at the linky.