Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43237 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2009, 02:23 PM »
There's pic of the Joker over at fwoosh.  He looks great - Gentleman Ghost body plus a new head.  Most likely he's in wave 10, which everyone assumes will be the next Walmart exclusive wave.  A computer listing was leaked months ago and all of the figures in wave 9 (Chemo) were on it.  The others on the list (including John Stewart, Shark, Steppenwolf, Forager and others) are assumed to be wave 11 and Joker isn't on it. 

There's also pics floating around of Zan and Gleek from the Superfriends.  No further info is available, but it's most likely a Matty or SDCC exclusive, presumably coming with Jan.  I always thought the Wonder Twins were pretty hooky, but I'm down for that pack.  Add a blue skinned space monkey makes it even better.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the Joker pit Mikey.  I had heard that it was "accidentally" shown at NYCC, and like you said, it does look very nice.  I'm glad to hear there's a new one on the way, the Batman line version just doesn't look quite right on the DC shelf right now.  I received Hawkman in a pile of loot from BBTS today, that is a really nice figure.  This line continues to impress.  Its just getting more and more difficult to find room for all the 6" figures anymore :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2009, 08:03 AM »

There's also pics floating around of Zan and Gleek from the Superfriends.  No further info is available, but it's most likely a Matty or SDCC exclusive, presumably coming with Jan.  I always thought the Wonder Twins were pretty hooky, but I'm down for that pack.  Add a blue skinned space monkey makes it even better.

Do you have the pic?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2009, 09:59 AM »
Zan

The Gleek pic was deleted from the blog post.  If I see it again, i'll post a link.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33 AM »
Cool thanks

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Saw the joker pic - looks awesome.  And very faithful to the super powers line.  Does anyone have a link to the deadshot pics?  I've seen people talking about them, so I know they are floating around.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08 AM »
You can see Deadshot (and the rest of Wave 9) in their slideshow.  Looks pretty good, as do the rest.  Really a nice wave overall.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Lookit the new collect points program.  1pt per basic figure and you just need 50 to get the Antimonitor.  That's like $400 in toys before you can get the big guy?  Thank God I have no interest in this...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2009, 02:40 PM »
I don't collect the infintie heroes line either but if you dont have the points they said you could purchase the figure for 10.00 at SDCC. The points is just to get the figure for free and a raffle to get the 30 inch version.

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Zan

The Gleek pic was deleted from the blog post.  If I see it again, i'll post a link.

Here is the Gleek pic:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2009, 08:12 AM »
Thanks for the pic...thats cool. I always wanted the Wonder Twins in the Super Powers line when i was a kid so why not.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2009, 05:47 PM »
My wave 6 showed up yesterday.  Pretty nice wave all around.  But I've read a number of people commenting that the quality control seems better in this wave, and for me this is the worst wave I have for paint applications.  On almost all the figures, there is missing paint on things like boots.  Strangely, Kalibak is the only figure with really well done paint application.
Anyone else notice this?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #87 on: March 6, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Just a heads up for anyone that's interested...I stopped in our local TRU this morning and was surprised to find DCUC Series 7 on the pegs, so they must be out there if they've hit Nebraska already.  I picked up Flash, Kid Flash, and Captain Cold - but the others were there as well.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #88 on: March 9, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Uh, what happened to wave 6?  Did that ever hit retail in any sort of quantity?  I'm still lagging back around wave 4 needing Atom and Riddler (I think Pete Fett might have found them for me). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #89 on: March 9, 2009, 04:28 PM »
I saw that Wave 6 was in stock at BBTS at one time (not sure if it still is), and I saw some locally at an across town WM as well.  Our local WM still doesn't stock these, and Target is just now starting to get figures again (Wonder Woman/Wave 4).  We never did see that WM exclusive wave (Wave 5?) with the Riddler, the Atom, etc. anywhere nearby, and I'm not holding out hope that they'll show up anymore.  I really just wanted two figures from that wave (Riddler, Atom), and I guess I can hit ebay for them eventually or something.  I'd be happy enough to just grab the Riddler for the Batman shelf.  I was pretty surprised to see Wave 7 at TRU, but I see that some others online have found it there (and at WM I believe) as well.  I went back there today, and they just had a Barda and repacked GL remaining from that wave (as well as a Cyborg and gold Cap Atom).