Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43233 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #90 on: March 9, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Wacky.  I'll be in St. Louis this weekend so I'll have to look around.  Would like to finally get a Flash.  Kid Flash and Captain Cold would be gravy. 

It just seems like waves 4-6 really never showed much.  I know I saw most of them on ebay (and bought wave 3 there what seems like not so long ago) and I think I saw wave 4 (Ares wave?) in Kansas City back in October but that was about it. 

I was going through my Marvel/DC stuff last night.  I think I'm missing a box of stuff, but I was quite surprised (pleasantly) to see how little DC stuff I have.  Scott sent me up wave 2, so I'm ok there and through wave 3.  But still missing a lot of stuff. 

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2009, 10:01 AM »
I got mine online...have not seen anything new in the stores since i found one sad Riddler. I hear wave 7 is hitting as well.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2009, 10:17 AM »
Wave 6 hit fiercely in the Kansas City area but now all we have are a few stragglers.  Wave 4 has just started to hit again and I'm seeing Wonder Woman, Ares and Cyborg hang around.  I've even seen Artemis hang around for a few days at a time.

No sign of Wave 7 yet and the only Wave 5 I've ever seen was a fluke Riddler (I think he was returned along with a Nightwing and Robin).

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2009, 11:09 AM »
I noticed that a couple of Wave 7 figures (Kid Flash, Big Barda) are available at TRU.com right now, hopefully the rest will come online before too long.  I got a chance to open the ones I picked up last weekend, and I really like all three of them.  I think the Flash figure is one of my favorites of the line, but I don't know if its because I've been hoping for a "Legends style" Flash for awhile or because of the figure itself :).  Captain Cold and Kid Flash are both well done too.  Getting a nice DCUC JLA set up going now, just a few more big ones to go.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is interested in the Infinite Heroes line from Mattel, but we stopped at Gordman's this morning looking for some "Easter shoes" for our daughter and they were selling the singles figures for $1.99 and the three packs for $8.  Pretty decent deal for those interested.  At two bucks, I picked up a Batman.  They are considerably smaller than Marvel's 3 3/4" line, so there really isn't much hope for crossover there for the most part it seems.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Brian, thanks for the heads up.  We have two Gordman's in the area and they both had a similar selection - Batman, Power Girl, Star Sapphire, Qwardian, Batgirl, Wildcat...a couple of others.  I picked up a Batman, Batgirl and Power Girl and was real close to getting the others.  $2 a piece is hard to pass up.

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Brian, thanks for the heads up.  We have two Gordman's in the area and they both had a similar selection - Batman, Power Girl, Star Sapphire, Qwardian, Batgirl, Wildcat...a couple of others.  I picked up a Batman, Batgirl and Power Girl and was real close to getting the others.  $2 a piece is hard to pass up.

John

Wow!  Sadly, we have no Gordman's where I live.  If anyone happens to come across Power Girl, Star Sapphire, Batman, or Batgirl and could grab them for me, I would really appreciate it.  Would even take doubles or triples of any of the chicks you can find.  I'd obviously pay shipping plus some extra dollars for your efforts!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2009, 09:25 PM »
I'll head back tomorrow and see what I can find for you.  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #98 on: April 1, 2009, 01:41 AM »
I'll head back tomorrow and see what I can find for you.  :)

You rule - thanks!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #99 on: April 3, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I just read about the wonder twins - apparently the monkey (gleek?) will only be available with the set at SDCC.  That set that goes to the website after will just be the twins.
I was on the fence about trying to get those two, but the lack of the monkey seals it for me - I won't be picking it up.

I'm a bit disappointed in what mattel is putting up on mattycollector.  I thought that Adam Strange/Starfire pack was a great choice, but don't really understand the Ultraman/Alex Luthor set.  And while I can appreciate the nostalgia of the wonder twins, it's not what I thought they would be doing with the website.  I figured they would use it to launch some of the more obscure characters that collectors would like, which would fill in gaps in the series, and figures that would be a hard sell at retail.

One thing I thought would be perfect is a Raven/Beast Boy set to help round out the Titans.  Both characters that would be a tough sell at retail, but I think collectors would happily pick that up.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #100 on: April 3, 2009, 10:38 AM »

One thing I thought would be perfect is a Raven/Beast Boy set to help round out the Titans.  Both characters that would be a tough sell at retail, but I think collectors would happily pick that up.

Raven and Beast Boy are what I'd call a C character, maybe even a low B.  If goofy ass characters like Killer Moth and D characters like Etrigan the Demon sell well at retail, then I see no reason why Raven and Beast Boy couldn't either.  When they're released, I'd expect them to be single carded (although I could see a special Beast Boy set with multiple green animals as a Matty exclusive).

And I agree 100% completely with you about the Wonder Dorks.  Without the frigging monkey, they're useless.  I was going to buy them, but not without Gleek.  So I'll have to beg someone going to the show to grab one for me or Mattel's not getting my money (and this seems like a common theme on most boards).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #101 on: April 4, 2009, 03:42 PM »
Have you guys noticed what has happened to the prices on the Walmart wave?  :o  You can still get the Riddler for somewhat cheap, but the rest are through the roof in the $40-60 range.  Did these just not come out at all or is Walmart sitting on a cache of them somewhere?  I still only want the Riddler and The Atom, but yeesh. 

Pretty sure I'll be resorting to ebay for the Wave 4 stuff I want (Wonder Woman and her variant) and the wave 7 stuff (Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold).  I think the only figure I really wanted from wave 6 was Shazam, but I already have the Alex Ross, so I might just pass on it. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #102 on: April 4, 2009, 04:30 PM »

Raven and Beast Boy are what I'd call a C character, maybe even a low B.  If goofy ass characters like Killer Moth and D characters like Etrigan the Demon sell well at retail, then I see no reason why Raven and Beast Boy couldn't either.  When they're released, I'd expect them to be single carded (although I could see a special Beast Boy set with multiple green animals as a Matty exclusive).

I was thinking the same thing.  I think Beast Boy and Raven are more popular characters than a lot of what's been released so far.  Killer Moth!?  Seriously.  I was actually really dissapointed to see the Starfire pack as an exclusive as well - she cost an arm and a leg to get loose on Ebay.  I'd much rather see exclusives with extra accessories or things like the WT Monkey, so the average Joe can still get the characters they want and the collecotrs can pay bigger bucks for something that's not available anywhere else.

Pretty sure I'll be resorting to ebay for the Wave 4 stuff I want (Wonder Woman and her variant) and the wave 7 stuff (Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold).  I think the only figure I really wanted from wave 6 was Shazam, but I already have the Alex Ross, so I might just pass on it. 

Are you talking about Wonder Woman and Artemis?  I swear I've seen both at Target in the last week, and am working on a trade with a guy on Fwoosh that for sure has Artemis.  Let me know if you want me to pick these up for ya.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #103 on: April 4, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Yes please, Wonder Woman and Artemis.  Find me The Atom and I'll bear your children. :-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #104 on: April 4, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Have you guys noticed what has happened to the prices on the Walmart wave?  :o  You can still get the Riddler for somewhat cheap, but the rest are through the roof in the $40-60 range.  Did these just not come out at all or is Walmart sitting on a cache of them somewhere?  I still only want the Riddler and The Atom, but yeesh.

Yeah, that wave has been crazy.  It never showed up anywhere around here (sounds like that was the case in many places), and it doesn't sound like it is "still shipping" or anything like that either.  I was hoping to get the Riddler and Atom as well, but I'd just settle for Riddler at this point.  Maybe they'll see re-release down the road or something, but this line in general seems difficult to find for the most part.

Our local stores have a few figures from waves 1-4 here and there (except WM, who has nothing) - and then it is usually still Orion, Cyborg, and sometimes Captain Atom (actually, the variant is the only one I've seen at the store - strange).  I did see Wave 7 once at TRU, but that's long since sold through.  I'm glad I've preordered individual figures for the upcoming waves, it saves the headache of trying to find them.  Of course, there is supposed to be another WM Exclusive wave this year, so that could be fun again.  They'll probably put some figure I really want, like Martian Manhunter, a new Joker, or Zatanna, in that wave.