Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43238 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 11:17 PM »
I saw Wonder Woman and Cyborg at a TRU here a couple of days ago.

Damn, the Wonder Woman looks awesome.  The line just keeps getting better.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I see The Fwoosh has some reviews/pics up for DCUC Wave 5 (WM Exclusive).  Has anyone seen these locally yet?  The Wal-Marts in our town hasn't been carrying any DCUC thus far, and so there haven't been any signs of these here.  Not exactly the most exciting wave in the world to me, but I definitely want to get the Riddler and probably the Atom as well.  On the fence about Black Lightning.  I wouldn't mind having a Metallo figure either, but this version isn't really the one I associate with the character the most - who knows if we'll get a different one down the road or not.

On a different DC note, I received the Infinite Heroes GL/GA/Black Canary 3 pack that was in my "pile of loot" at BBTS for awhile.  I don't really plan on continuing collecting these, aside from maybe Batman/Nightwing, but thought this was a good combination of characters.  The figures are...ok.  Nothing great, but not horrible either.  To me, this was a good line when you could get one figure for $4-5 and 3 for $10, but with the new higher pricing of closer to $7 and $17, respectively, they really need to improve the figures a lot to make them worth that.  If they went to Star Wars/GI Joe/possibly upcoming Marvel Universe levels with sculpt/paint/articulation it might be easier to swallow.  I was drawn to this line a bit due to the price, the scale, and the ease of display (space wise) - but seeing these alongside the DCUC figures, there just isn't any comparison at all.  I think I'll stick to the DCUC line, and just limit my choices for each wave to keep it affordable.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I posted this a while back, but haven't heard anything.  So, here's another desperate attempt:   :'(

Thanks to JohnH and a local shop, I'm caught up with DCUC - I ended up getting series 3 friday, and series 4 on saturday.
I have a bit of a problem though that I'm hoping someone can help out with. 

The right arm for Despero (that came with Cyborg) has some sort of a manufacturing defect.  The joint on the shoulder socket has some excess plastic, so it can't move.  Because of this, the only way I can put the arm in is to have it sticking straight out.  This issue is compounded by the fact that the pin that goes into the body is also messed up, so the arm just falls out.  I just got off the phone with Mattels customer support, and they don't have replacement parts for these guys.  So although they are going to send me out a voucher for the value of the figure, that doesn't do me much good for replacing the arm.  If the figures were available on shelves it wouldn't be a big deal - I could just go buy another one with the voucher.  But I had to get series 4 through a collector shop, and it was the only one.

So if there is anyone who has picked up Cyborg (who's completely awesome btw) and has no interest on building Despero, please let me know.  Hopefully we can arrange some sort of appropriate cost for the arm.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Picked up the chase Captain Atom today. I had no intentions to but saw it on the pegs at TRU after getting angry at my Walmart for not searching the back for the Walmart wave even though the computer showed them in stock.  >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Picked up the chase Captain Atom today. I had no intentions to but saw it on the pegs at TRU after getting angry at my Walmart for not searching the back for the Walmart wave even though the computer showed them in stock.  >:(

You have a Walmart that shows when product is in stock?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15 AM »

You have a Walmart that shows when product is in stock?   ???

If you bringt he UPC # to the customer service desk they will be able to see what is on hand, what is in the warehouse, what is on order, and other stores int he area who have the item in stock. They wont ever do it over the phone for me though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Our Walmarts aren't that cooperative I'm afraid.  They can do it, but won't.  I asked them to check for stock once with their own shelf tag to see if they had any and they refused.  They actually wouldn't check to see if they had something I wanted to buy from them.  Great business. ::)

Needing help with Riddler and Captain Atom since I can't see these coming to Canada.  I've got paypal. 

Also scored a loose Cassandra Cain Batgirl off ebay for $4.75.  Nice to get that one out of the way, but I'm still needing a Two-Face DCSH.  Kinda hoping they re-release it as a villain within this line. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Our Walmarts aren't that cooperative I'm afraid.  They can do it, but won't.  I asked them to check for stock once with their own shelf tag to see if they had any and they refused.  They actually wouldn't check to see if they had something I wanted to buy from them.  Great business. ::)

Needing help with Riddler and Captain Atom since I can't see these coming to Canada.  I've got paypal. 

Also scored a loose Cassandra Cain Batgirl off ebay for $4.75.  Nice to get that one out of the way, but I'm still needing a Two-Face DCSH.  Kinda hoping they re-release it as a villain within this line. 

Yeah, I don't know if these are still on the way or not - but our Wal-Marts locally aren't any help with DCUC either.  Actually, aside from Dark Knight stuff, I don't think I've seen DC product on the shelves at our WMs since Superman Returns for the most part.  Its usually just been the movie stuff.  Hopefully that will change.  Like you, Brent, I'm hoping to pick up the Riddler and the Atom as well.  With the way distribution has been for this line so far, maybe we should start setting up a help network here for anyone that's interested in this line ;).  Hopefully distribution will improve going into 2009, although I've just preordered the individual figures that I really want to get from upcoming waves since the online stores are able to do that now.  If that work out, it'll just be these pesky WM exclusive waves that will be the problem.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 11:04 AM »
I know that no one here is likely interested in this line, but someone posted a link in this thread at the AFI forums to a scan from ToyFare showing some of the upcoming Infinite Heroes.  There is a Teen Titans 6 pack, as well as single figures of Nightwing, Scarecrow, and the Joker.  I have to say, as appealing as a 3 3/4" scaled line of DC characters is, with the price increases and everything I don't think it looks like they've improved these enough to make them worth it.  I'd probably buy Nightwing and the Joker if/when I saw them (and maybe other Bat-related ones), but if these are going to continue at the $7 (single) to $15-17 (3 pack) prices, they just don't look worth it.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 11:20 AM »
I wanted to like these Infinite Heroes. And at $4 they are pretty good. But not woth 7 bucks a piece.  I may still pick up a few here and there. I do have Guy Gardner so far. and he is not bad.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #25 on: December 5, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Was just checking ebay listings, and saw that there are a couple wave 5 sets and singles showing up - based out of the US.  Also see some of the TRU 2-packs.
I haven't heard any reports of these surfacing previously.  Have these started to show up?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #26 on: December 5, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Apparently both have been spotted in various areas across the country.  Personally, our WMs don't carry DCUC yet, so I haven't seen Wave 5 (the exclusive wave) at all here yet.  Apparently, the two packs have been found at TRU as well, and were briefly on TRU.com (I think they are all out of stock currently).

EDIT: It looks like the Orion/Lightray pack is in stock as of 9:00 CST.  I'm tempted to order it, but don't really want to pay the shipping on just the one pack.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2008, 10:04 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #27 on: December 5, 2008, 11:12 AM »
I guess i missed it again :(

i found one lone riddler at walmart yesterday

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2008, 01:12 PM »
Still needing an Atom and a Riddler from the newest wave. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #29 on: December 5, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Still needing an Atom and a Riddler from the newest wave. 

Same here.  Our local Wal-Marts haven't carried any DCUC thus far, so I'm wondering if it will be the post-Christmas reset before we see anything from this wave (if at all).  I've been watching ebay from time to time, but I'm trying to be patient and see if they will show up eventually.  Definitely want to get the Riddler for the Batman setup, and wouldn't mind getting the Atom for the JLA as well.  It seems like this wave has been spotty so far.