Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43656 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #210 on: October 3, 2009, 11:00 PM »
I was surprised to see Wave 9 show up at our local Target this week, and even more surprised that aside from one Green Arrow, the entire wave was still sitting on the shelf four days later.  Maybe this line just isn't super popular in my area, or maybe people just haven't been checking the stores for it very regularly anymore.

That is shocking!  Nice find though.  The sets around me are all around the corner from the action figure aisle and not on pegs, so they're kind of masked.  I'm guessing placement over there isn't helping anything, but pretty amazing that they sat for 4 days!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #211 on: October 7, 2009, 05:28 PM »
I still cant find wave 9, sucks!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #212 on: October 7, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I snagged a Green Arrow and Black Canary on the 'bay...

I had purchased the whole wave from an ebay seller but it got "Lost" by the USPS.  I received a full refund, but by the time I found another one, it was twice what I originally had paid.  So I just sucked it up and got Ollie.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #213 on: October 8, 2009, 12:29 PM »
I snagged a Green Arrow and Black Canary on the 'bay...

I had purchased the whole wave from an ebay seller but it got "Lost" by the USPS.  I received a full refund, but by the time I found another one, it was twice what I originally had paid.  So I just sucked it up and got Ollie.

That's a pisser.  Those were the only two I picked (also via Ebay) and I just opened them the other day.  Both are excellent figures - I might even get an extra of each if I ever see them at retail for customizing.  Kudos to DC for an excellent job on these!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #214 on: October 9, 2009, 03:08 PM »
I just saw the pics of the upcoming Mattycollector 2-pack.  Pretty nice.  I don't really care about B'wanna Beast (I think that's his name), but the Animal Man is a great addition.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #215 on: October 9, 2009, 03:09 PM »
I just saw the pics of the upcoming Mattycollector 2-pack.  Pretty nice.  I don't really care about B'wanna Beast (I think that's his name), but the Animal Man is a great addition.

Do you have a link or photos you could share?

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #216 on: October 9, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Here you go:

Justice in the Jungle two pack

I think it's supposed to be out in december on the mattel website.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #217 on: October 9, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Here you go:

Justice in the Jungle two pack

I think it's supposed to be out in december on the mattel website.

Thanks!  I'll probably pass, but that B'wana Beast guy looks like good custom fodder for those that just wanted the Animal Man fig.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Well, Mattel took a ****load of my cash today. Found the four Public Enemies 6" figures, the PE DCIH 6-pack, the two PE DCIH 3-packs at Target, then got online to pick up the Zodak, Teela, Bank Robber Joker and 6" & 12" Ray Stantz figures from Mattycollector.

It's kind of aggravating that only four of the six 6" PE figures were released.  In a case of six it was 2x Superman, 2x Batman and an Icicle and Silver Banshee.  They all look really nice though.

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Anyone find wave 10 (the insanely impossible to get Walmart exclusive wave with two of the most popular DC characters in it) yet?

I'd love some help with it if anyone can assist.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Anyone find wave 10 (the insanely impossible to get Walmart exclusive wave with two of the most popular DC characters in it) yet?

I'd love some help with it if anyone can assist.

I keep checking, but all our local stores have are Captain Cold, Booster Gold, Wonder Woman, Firestorm, Cyborg, and occasionally Flash.  It really bugs me that they put the all new Joker in this exclusive wave.  I can understand having exclusive waves and all of that, but why include one of the most popular characters and most wanted figures of the DC Universe in there?  Hopefully distribution will be better this time around.  There are several I'd want to get from this wave, but I'd be happy to at least get the Joker.  Heck, I still need to track down the Riddler and the Atom from the last WM wave.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2009, 12:59 PM »
I saw the Public Enemies figs at two different Targetsthis morning.  Same case that John found with two figures missing.  That is pretty irritating, given that it's a BAF wave of figures.  I didn't see a need for any of them, so I left them all behind. 

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2009, 03:50 PM »
I wouldn't mind getting brimstone, but have no interest in the figures needed to build him.  A couple of them are actually pretty cool, but because they went with the animated style heads (on the regular DCUC bodies), I don't really like the look or think they fit in with the rest of the series.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I saw the Public Enemies stuff at a local Target today as well.  Same case ratios as have already been described, with two of the figures missing (and an extra Bats/Supes).  Also noticed that these are more expensive than the "regular" DCUC line (by a dollar or two).  I had them in the cart for a bit, but ended up passing.  I really enjoy the movie and everything (and the original story it is taken from), but in the end I decided they just wouldn't "fit in" quite as well with the rest of the lineup I have from the DCU.  It isn't like I wanted any of them all that badly anyways though.  I did, surprisingly, see more Wave 9 as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Finally broke down and picked up wave 9 from ebay. Mattel angers me greatly. Have not seent he public enemy stuff but i plan on passing on them. No signs of wave 10 out here. I hate Walmart!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"