Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43311 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2009, 03:49 PM »
I thought that Mattel had made some statements about wave 10 being much more accessible then wave 5 was?  From the bits I'm hearing and seeing on ebay, it almost seems as though the opposite is the case.

It's pretty frustrating.  This is actually the first wave where I don't care about the C&C figure.  But other then the black Batman I actually want all the figures  >:(

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #226 on: October 20, 2009, 08:18 PM »
No shocker, but Raven has been announced as the Fan Poll winner.  She'll come in wave 15.  Sweet.  :)

John

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Kinda good news.  Unfortunately Beast Boy is part of the elusive wave 10, so it may be quite difficult to put together a full Titans lineup anyhow.
One gripe about the titans figures - the "kids" are far too small.  Putting Kid Flash next to Cyborg and Starfire looks pretty ridiculous.  I wish the smaller figures weren't quite as small, or they just stuck with a common body size.  I can't tell from the pics I've seen, but I'm guessing Beast Boy is also small.  Not a big deal in his case as he's a smaller character.  But that flash really doesn't fit in.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Kinda good news.  Unfortunately Beast Boy is part of the elusive wave 10, so it may be quite difficult to put together a full Titans lineup anyhow.
One gripe about the titans figures - the "kids" are far too small.  Putting Kid Flash next to Cyborg and Starfire looks pretty ridiculous.  I wish the smaller figures weren't quite as small, or they just stuck with a common body size.  I can't tell from the pics I've seen, but I'm guessing Beast Boy is also small.  Not a big deal in his case as he's a smaller character.  But that flash really doesn't fit in.

I see what you mean about the Titans lineup.  Robin and Kid Flash are quite small, and if you put them alongside Cyborg and Starfire (or even Nightwing if you're using that lineup), the difference is pretty significant.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2009, 07:45 PM »
I think she was a wasted winner, just like the first poll. Both winners would have been made sooner than later.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2009, 11:54 AM »
I was just thinking about potential C&C figures, and I would really love to see an Anti-monitor figure show up in the scale of Chemo.  I know the character hasn't appeared in a ton of story lines, but I would like to think that he's still a better known figure then Imperiax.  And in the hands of the 4 horsemen he would be awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Not sure how long pics will be up, but it looks like that rumored DCUC 13 lineup is likely true.  Pics at the Fwoosh (and elsewhere).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Not sure how long pics will be up, but it looks like that rumored DCUC 13 lineup is likely true.  Pics at the Fwoosh (and elsewhere).

Hmmn...I couldn't access it.  I did find this list though.  Couple of good figs that I'd buy:

-Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)
-Blue Devil
-Cheetah (both Modern & Classic Versions)
-Cyclotron
-Donna Troy
-Negative Man (with Black Variant)
-SuperBoy
-Trigon (Collect & Connect Figure)

Found them over here as well...

I'd get Cheetah 2 and maybe Superboy.  Would love to get Trigon too, but as the BAF I'd have to pass.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:35 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2009, 08:15 PM »
As a DC geek, wow.  I have a major love/hate with this line.  I love the figures, but hate the accessibility of it.
I would love to get Trigon, but at the very least I need the Blue Devil.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2009, 10:16 PM »
This may be the first wave i dont go after the BAF (wave 10 doesnt count, cant find them anyway). I only want Superboy, Cyclotron, Blue Devil, and the almost Modern Cheetah.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #235 on: November 4, 2009, 04:59 PM »
FINALLY found some wave 10.  I went on a big run this morning and found two Power Girls (but nothing else) at one.  Went on another mini-run on lunch and found PG, Joker and Batman.  I'm officially DONE making ridiculous runs looking for these things.  I'd like the other four but they're not that important (except Man-Bat, which I might ended up getting from eBay because I'm sicking wasting so much time and gas looking for them).

John

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #236 on: November 6, 2009, 10:23 PM »
As the waves venture into more obscure territory I find myself wanting less and less complete sets, mostly cuz I don't recognize most of the CnC figures anymore. Kind of neat seeing them going into such obscure characters with some of these waves though, gives me hope that we might see some of the more obscure bat rogues some day, like Mad Hatter and the Ventriloquist. Does anyone know which 2010 wave this is and how many Mattel said were coming out next year in total?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #237 on: November 6, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Did any of you read this or otherwise hear of it? 

click me

I've ordered from amazingtoyz before and just sort of stumbled across that.  Ugh, maybe Hasbro will buy the rights to the line...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #238 on: November 7, 2009, 01:24 AM »
Yikes, that's not very positive for the line.  They keep coming out with a few figs I want in nearly every wave, so let's hope this is just hype.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #239 on: November 7, 2009, 03:19 AM »
I found that wave once at Target and almost bought them because I thought they looked really excellent, especially the Green Arrow and Black Canary.  I passed but had been looking for them again...guess that won't happen.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"