Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43291 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #240 on: November 7, 2009, 09:44 AM »
I'm glad I don't collect this line, because it's by far the most difficult to collect in the market.  TRU got a case of wave 7, but Target hasn't gotten anything since wave 4, and doesn't really have shelf space for it anyway.  WM has never carried it, so the exclusive waves there may as well not exist.  I can appreciate how cool some of these are, so I know it sucks for the people trying to get a complete set.  Add in all the variants and exclusives, I'd be very discouraged to even bother.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #241 on: November 7, 2009, 10:46 AM »
I'm glad I don't collect this line, because it's by far the most difficult to collect in the market.  TRU got a case of wave 7, but Target hasn't gotten anything since wave 4, and doesn't really have shelf space for it anyway.  WM has never carried it, so the exclusive waves there may as well not exist.  I can appreciate how cool some of these are, so I know it sucks for the people trying to get a complete set.  Add in all the variants and exclusives, I'd be very discouraged to even bother.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there - it is definitely the most difficult line to collect these days (at least of the ones I pay attention to).  Around here, things are so sporadic.  Sometimes stores will have good stock of a certain wave (I actually saw Wave 9 a few times at various Targets), and sometimes stores will have a several month dry spell of nothing (TRU has had nothing but two Captain Colds since early summer I believe).  The WMs here haven't carried the line, so I never saw the previous exclusive wave, but they are carrying it now so I'm really hoping I can at least get a Joker and Man Bat from the current exclusive lineup.  It doesn't look good as the pegs are pretty full of Wave 7 at the moment.  I never did see the Hawkgirl wave at retail at all (got it online).  I've pretty much preordered anything I want from this line anymore, it is just easier.  It is these exclusive waves that cause the trouble though.  I'm hoping to scale back on collecting this line from here on out anyways (amazing as the figures are), just focusing on Gotham-based characters for the most part and a few other unmade favorites (Zatanna, Martian Manhunter).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #242 on: November 7, 2009, 11:39 AM »
I think the added trouble to this line is the mixed assortments.  When I have found figures at Target, it looks like a full case was put out, but there are figures from multiple waves, so the BAF parts don't match.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a "full" wave in over a year (if ever).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #243 on: November 7, 2009, 01:53 PM »
For those that may not have been collecting the Mattel DC figures when they were primarily Batman/Superman based lines, this is pretty similar to how it always has been.  Distribution has always sucked, the figures have generally been very well done and highly desirable.  So I don't think the post at amazingtoyz is too far out of line. 

I will agree the line has been difficult to collect.  We saw the first wave at Walmart in Canada and I thought maybe they'd carry it for a while, but they only carried wave 1.  Then TRU picked it up for the Flash/Kid Flash/Captain Cold wave and hasn't stocked anything but that and the two packs (repacks - which was a huge bonus for some folks) since they started. 

Tremendously frustrating. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #244 on: November 7, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Nothing new on that wave 9 situation, i ended having to ebay the wave. Didnt cost me much more than retail luckily but the whole situation sucks. Wave 10 is even worse, nothing worse than a walmart exclusive. I cant find them anywhere and ebay prices are the same. I am tending to buy less in less, partly becuase i cant find them and partly becuase the C&C have not interested me. Wave 11 is awesome but after that i am pretty confident i am picking and choosing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #245 on: November 19, 2009, 01:45 PM »
TRU up here had a new 2 pack with Superman and Brainiac (I think it was anyway).  Both figures were quite nice but I'm real happy with the Supes I have and I have a couple of Brainiac's so can't justify the $30 cost.  The back showed a Batman/Clayface (couldn't be a two face, oh no) pair on the back, but didn't see that one in the store. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #246 on: November 19, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Has anyone been seeing the WM exclusive wave at retail (Wave 10 I think)?  I know it has been found in places, but I didn't know if it was a wide release yet or if there was still hope.  We never did see any of the last exclusive wave, but a couple of our local stores have picked up the DCUC line now (they previously didn't carry it), so I was hoping there might be a chance it would show up locally.  I was wondering if it was time to start watching ebay auctions for Joker/ManBat, or if this might still be rolling out.  Our WMs are so wonky with exclusives.  One store in town (our closest) just now put out the SW Evolutions packs, while the one across town has had them for months (and they are now on clearance there).  And none of them have the Dewback/AT-ST yet.  Anyways, just wondering if anyone has seen these much yet.

On a side note, I did get confirmation of a few figures from Wave 11 (Question/Deadman) shipping from some online orders I had...so those look to be starting to get out there.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2009, 08:43 AM »
I'm seeing Wave 10 more frequently now.  In the last week I saw some at one Wal Mart on a Saturday afternoon (everything but Man-Bat), I caught the full set at a WM down the street Monday morning, then saw another full set this morning.  They appear to be taking a big hit on eBay (down below $150 a set now), so that's a good sign that they're actually making it to more stores like Mattel had promised.  Good thing, because it's a hell of a wave and not one that DC fans will want to be without.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2009, 07:09 PM »
I'm kicking myself because it looks as if I might have just missed the WM wave here locally.  We went to grab some groceries today and I saw a lone Forager hanging on the pegs at our local store.  I'll probably check back to see if there is a restock, but I'm guessing I missed the boat there.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Found the Walmart wave, didnt intend to get them all but i figured why not  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2009, 12:53 AM »
A lone Green Arrow showed up at my Target Friday night.  Looks like they put him out when they sold one other figure, it's kind of odd.  Anyway, they had some bare shelves for a while so they weren't sitting on him, they must have gotten a case in.  Maybe that's some hope for people still looking for the wave with him in it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2009, 10:32 AM »
If anyone's still seeing Wave 9 hanging around, I'm looking to acquire it.

Wave 10 is showing up a greater abundance here, and they all appear to be selling well except Batman and Power Girl.  Right now the WM down the street from work has SEVEN Batmans, three Power Girls and a Man-Bat.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I'm going to take a look around tomorrow again for Wave 10, but otherwise I'm looking for help if anyone has it in good supply in their area and is willing.  I'm mainly looking for Joker and Man Bat, or at least I'd be happy if I could find those two at least.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2009, 12:09 PM »
FYI, Mattycollector.com has up to 25% of DC stuff until 12/7.  It's 15% off if you buy two or three items - 25% off if you buy four or more.  I bucked up and bought a couple of DCUC two-packs I'd been holding off on.  Wish I had more money to take advantage of the discounted JLU 4-packs as well.

John

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2009, 12:14 PM »
If any of you out there are finding Wave 10 in numbers, I would really like Man Bat and the Joker.  None of the local WM's are carrying these.  If any one would like to help me out, please PM me!