Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43231 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #270 on: December 30, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Did you pick these up locally Drew?  I just saw this wave (as well as some superheroes without a BAF part - Superman, Batman, Flash) at TRU.  I thought Kilowog would be neat to own and could have tolerated a couple of the figures, but couldn't deal with the $100 to put him together

I did pick him up locally, but it was from a guy at a flea market.  Prices were a bit high, but this is the only line I'm actively collecting right now so I didn't care.  I actually like most of the wave (though that Shark character is easily the worst DCUC figure yet), but I am also a big DC nut.  Back in the day I collected the whole DC Who's Who series (and the expansion that came a few years later), and I think I had memorized pretty much the whole thing.  Lame, I know.  But I've got my boys doing the same thing :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #271 on: January 8, 2010, 11:34 AM »
I received my wave 11 set the other day and had a chance to open them last night.  Might be my favorite wave since wave 3 (you know, the greatest wave of action figures ever).  However, Kilowog passes Grundy as the best CnC ever.  Massive and detailed and looks great with the other Lanterns.  Jeff (and anyone else), I would highly recommend trying to track him down.  He blows the DCD version away.  Just buy the four GL characters (John, Katma, Shark and SC Cyborg Superman) and you would only need to track down the pieces from Question and Deadman (the latter has a variant with the same piece, so that piece should be real easy to find).

Wave 12 is starting to be found, so it's a pretty quick turnaround between waves.  Hoping for a bit of break before wave 13 hits so the wallet can take a breather.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2010, 05:33 PM »
I found wave 11 last night. Kilowog is excellent, as is the whole wave, though once again, whats up with the lack of decent ball joint necks? All the previous waves had a large range of neck motion but wince wave 9, they can basically only rotate left to right.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #273 on: February 3, 2010, 09:48 AM »
I got my wave 12 set last night and am impressed.  I was originally ho hum about the character selection, but the 4H did a damn fine job on them.  I'm not really a Metal Man fan but Iron might be the figure of the line so far.  He's pitted, dented, has a great color wash and comes with a working ******* wrench for an accessory.  Fantastic figure.  I pretty much like every figure except for Mary Marvel - she's just sort of plain.  Darkseid might be a tad bit tall, but he's makes an excellent CnC.

Looking forward to wave 13 and what's in store at Toy Fair.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #274 on: February 3, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Question for you on Darkseid - does he come with a normal "gloved" hand.  All the pictures I have seen show a metal hand, which I would prefer not to have.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #275 on: February 3, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I received my wave 11 set the other day and had a chance to open them last night.  Might be my favorite wave since wave 3 (you know, the greatest wave of action figures ever).  However, Kilowog passes Grundy as the best CnC ever.  Massive and detailed and looks great with the other Lanterns.  Jeff (and anyone else), I would highly recommend trying to track him down.  He blows the DCD version away.  Just buy the four GL characters (John, Katma, Shark and SC Cyborg Superman) and you would only need to track down the pieces from Question and Deadman (the latter has a variant with the same piece, so that piece should be real easy to find).

Wave 12 is starting to be found, so it's a pretty quick turnaround between waves.  Hoping for a bit of break before wave 13 hits so the wallet can take a breather.

That's my thing with this line as well, the quality always seems to be pretty high (as you mentioned).  To be honest, as I've been trying to cut back on the stuff I collect overall (particularly outside of Star Wars), I looked at these next few wave of DCUC and figured "well, I don't really need a lot of these", but if/when you see them in person it gets tougher to pass on stuff.  The figures themselves are just so well done.  I'm likely passing on most of the next couple waves, but the figures themselves sure look great.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #276 on: February 3, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Question for you on Darkseid - does he come with a normal "gloved" hand.  All the pictures I have seen show a metal hand, which I would prefer not to have.

He comes with a normal hand and a motherbox that fits perfectly in it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #277 on: February 4, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Like all of Wal-Mart's "clearances", it probably isn't nation-wide, but I noticed that our local store has the exclusive wave (actually all DCUC figures) on clearance for $5 each.  Not much of a selection here, but just thought I'd pass it along just in case it might happen at your local store(s).

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #278 on: February 4, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Too bad I'll never see them.  I couldn't care less about those figures (other then Silver Banshee), but I would build a Brimstone for $35 and then give away the other to assorted nephew's and neices.

Like all of Wal-Mart's "clearances", it probably isn't nation-wide, but I noticed that our local store has the exclusive wave (actually all DCUC figures) on clearance for $5 each.  Not much of a selection here, but just thought I'd pass it along just in case it might happen at your local store(s).

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #279 on: February 4, 2010, 12:14 PM »
He comes with a normal hand and a motherbox that fits perfectly in it.

Nice.  I was hoping to hear that.