Author Topic: G.I. Joe Mech Suits  (Read 693 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Mech Suits
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I got some boxed images of the upcoming GIJ Mech suits...  I'm not sure if this is news or not, so I figured I'd just share with you guys in here.

Cobra Mech Front & Back Boxed (Click Images to check out photo)

G.I. Joe Mech Front & Back Boxed (Click Images to check out photo)

Mech suits, to me, always seemed like cooler GI Joe technology than they were sometimes given in the past.  At least a little more on the evolutionary chart of military junk.  So I dig these I guess, from an outsider's perspective anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Mech Suits
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Ya these were up a few weeks ago and I still plan on nabbing them even though the arms kinda suck, but I guess that's more of a feature for the kiddos.  I guess there's a third Sigma 6 mech suit that didn't get the upscale treatment so hopefully it'll wind up someday.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:49 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 12:40 PM »
I don't really care for them personally; if I do get them they will used for SW custom walkers of some sort.  The figures that come with them though look awesome to me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 01:49 PM »
I think these look clumsy and awkward.  I'd much rather see something closer to the Avatar suit or even the loader from Aliens.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 04:17 PM »
I'm not really a huge fan either.  I probably won't buy any of them but I do think it's an interesting idea and I hope it's successful for Hasbro.  If they were going to pick a Sigma 6 ship to redesign for the 3.75" line I would have liked them to do the gunship.  I have one of the Sigma 6 versions but never got around to upgrading the cockpit to fit the larget figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"