Author Topic: Mattel Green Lantern Classics  (Read 15321 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Mattel Green Lantern Classics
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 12:19 PM »
I've always been impressed/surprised that could stay away from this stuff Jeff.  Off the top of my head, I don't think it would be too bad catching up, with the ones you mentioned already probably being the priciest ones.  I don't know how easy to find some of the past DCUC Lanterns are (John Stewart, Katma), but I can't imagine they'd be that expensive.  I know I keep going back and forth on that Abin Sur/Hal Jordan pack at TRU, but just haven't been able to bring myself to spend $30 on Abin (since I have a handful of Jordans already).  I may do it eventually if it is still there and I have the extra money.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 02:15 PM »
The Fwoosh has a first look at GL Classics - Wave 1.  The figures really do look nice, I hope to be able to pick them all up.  Hoping this line goes more than the two waves we know about, as there really is a lot they could tackle in the GL universe in comic form (personally, although I know DC Direct has done him, I'm hoping for a GLC Larfleeze).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 10:40 AM »
I see that TNI has a look at the upcoming TRU Exclusive Green Lantern/Sinestro 2 pack (this is with the new/larger Sinestro).  Looks pretty nice, hope it isn't too difficult to find.  I like that they included a number of constructs for both.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 1, 2010, 06:09 PM »
It looks like BBTS has GLC Wave 1 in stock right now (individually, or as a set), for anyone interested.  I wonder if these will be hitting retail as well?

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 7, 2010, 09:51 PM »
I hope these hit retail as there are a few that I want.  I would like to get the Kyle Rayner, Manhunter and black hand.  Does anyone know if the Mongul is a repaint of the old DC Superheroes one, or a new sculpt.  From the pics I've seen I'm guessing repaint, but I'm not certain.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 8, 2010, 08:08 AM »
I hope these hit retail as there are a few that I want.  I would like to get the Kyle Rayner, Manhunter and black hand.  Does anyone know if the Mongul is a repaint of the old DC Superheroes one, or a new sculpt.  From the pics I've seen I'm guessing repaint, but I'm not certain.

Mongul's a repaint and from what I've seen (My set is due next week from ETC) is the only suck figure in the wave.  Way undersized.  Mongul Jr. was huge in the comics.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 8, 2010, 10:58 AM »
I'm wondering if these are going to hit retail as well.  I've got a few of these on the way from BBTS today (Kyle, Manhunter, Black Hand) - anxious to check them out.  I hope to eventually get the rest of the wave, but I just couldn't afford to do the whole thing at once right now.  I do have Wave 2 on preorder though ;).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 05:15 PM »
I got my set from BBTS and they are really nice. The sculpts are great as always but i really enjoy the paint on kyle. Great work, looking forward to series 2.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Not really feeling it.

Anyone still finding the new Walmart wave. I still need 4 but can't find them anywhere.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 2, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Just as a heads up for anyone interested, but I found the new Hal Jordan vs. Sinestro two pack at TRU this morning.  This is the one with the new/improved Sinestro.  Although I have quite a few Hal figures at this point, I did pick it up for the better/taller Sinestro and all the nifty constructs it comes with.  Looks pretty neat in the package too.  Oh, and it was $34.99.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Picked up my Kyle, Black Hand and Manhunter.  Nice figs, and Black Hand is especially well done.  My Manhunter has loose joints in the hips and won't stand on his own, but other then that this is a great line.  I almost picked up the other 3 just for Arkillo, but I really didn't need another Mongul, and didn't care much for the other two.
Considering this part of DCUC, this is actually the first wave that I haven't gone for the C&C figure, so that felt kind of weird.  Kinda liberating at the same time though  ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20 AM »
Oh you should get the ones you don't want - Arkillo is definitely worth it (plus Kilowog needs someone to fight).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 02:16 PM »
This might be old news to some, but our local TRU actually had these out on the pegs today (Wave 1).  That's the first I've seen them at retail ($17.99 each).  I was tempted to pick up Low and Maash since I missed them online earlier, and they are the only ones I'm missing from that wave, but had to hold off for now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: April 6, 2011, 07:01 PM »
Well, even though i had intended to pass on GL Classics wave 2, i saw them at walmart and picked the set up. I am so weak... ::)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 7, 2011, 10:28 PM »
You convinced me Mikey.  I broke down and picked up Arkillo last week.  He's awesome  ;D

Oh you should get the ones you don't want - Arkillo is definitely worth it (plus Kilowog needs someone to fight).