Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281559 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Brent -

Just like that you have nearly all the pieces for Red Hulk now.

Uh-huh, pretty cool. 
HULK PIECES for Brenty:
Wolverine - Ryan
Spiral -Ryan (you can keep this or give it to someone else, I'll be buying her anyway)
Adam Warlock - Mikey
Union Jack - Mikey
Shadow  ;) Spiderman - Justin
Silver Savage - Brent

Anybody buying a Silver Savage figure :P  Or does anyone want a Silver Savage figure?  Ryan or Mikey?  I'll buy the figure for the piece and you can keep the figure?

Anyone still interested in sharing pieces?  :)

I think I just want to find a Spiral, somehow, some way and be done with it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:56 PM »
You can have my Warlock piece and once I find him, the Union Jack piece, Brent.  I have Spiral also, but it sounds like you want the figure too.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Brent -

Just like that you have nearly all the pieces for Red Hulk now.

Uh-huh, pretty cool. 
HULK PIECES for Brenty:
Wolverine - Ryan
Spiral -Ryan (you can keep this or give it to someone else, I'll be buying her anyway)
Adam Warlock - Mikey
Union Jack - Mikey
Shadow  ;) Spiderman - Justin
Silver Savage - Brent

Anybody buying a Silver Savage figure :P  Or does anyone want a Silver Savage figure?  Ryan or Mikey?  I'll buy the figure for the piece and you can keep the figure?

Anyone still interested in sharing pieces?  :)

I think I just want to find a Spiral, somehow, some way and be done with it. 

I will mail you the wolverine piece I have.

Anyone else who is building the Red Hulk I have an extra Wolverine & Spiral piece if anyone wants it!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:09 PM »
That's correct, I do really want the Spiral figure in my collection.  My only trepidation is that we haven't seen much of anything up here and I think as far as retailers are concerned, the line is dead in Canada.  I can ebay her easily enough though.  I'll take the piece from you, but if you can use it towards something else, by all means go ahead.  I'd only need it if I can't get ahold of Spiral.  

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Hey guys i just started getting into the marvel comics and toys. I've always loved the movies though and i was thinking about buying: Marvel Legends Face Off Twin Packs Captain America Vs. Red Skull Action Figure Set for $45.99 off of amazon and was just wondering if that's a good deal for the two or not?
Momar and Fester

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Hey guys i just started getting into the marvel comics and toys. I've always loved the movies though and i was thinking about buying: Marvel Legends Face Off Twin Packs Captain America Vs. Red Skull Action Figure Set for $45.99 off of amazon and was just wondering if that's a good deal for the two or not?

This is for just one of them?  That's a horrible price.  I think it was just $20 retail.  To each his own, but there are other Cap and Skull figures you could get for less.  Just check Ebay.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:46 PM »

This is for just one of them?  That's a horrible price.  I think it was just $20 retail.  To each his own, but there are other Cap and Skull figures you could get for less.  Just check Ebay.

Thanks man  ;D
Momar and Fester

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 08:48 PM »
No problem.  If you're looking to trade or learn more about Marvel Legends, you should check out www.thefwoosh.com

Join the forums and check out dozens of recent classifieds and trade offers - there are some great deals for people just getting into a collection.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 07:50 AM »
Brent, if I see a Spiral, I'll grab her for you and add it to the pile of loot I got that's eventually going to make it to Canada.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:09 AM »

Just echoing what was said earlier, but that is a horrible price for that pack.  Like JediJman mentioned, I think they were $20 originally (or it may have even been $15 at the time at WM) - and if you have a KB Toys in the area it might even still have them.  I know ours did until it closed this summer and clearanced everything out.  I think the Cap in that set is amazing though, a really nice figure.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 08:54 AM »
Went to Target yesterday and found the green classic hulk from the FFF wave. I still don't like the face sculpt but i think it looks a little better in green than the gray version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 01:39 PM »
No problem.  If you're looking to trade or learn more about Marvel Legends, you should check out www.thefwoosh.com

Join the forums and check out dozens of recent classifieds and trade offers - there are some great deals for people just getting into a collection.

thanks man im gonna go do that right now ;D

Just echoing what was said earlier, but that is a horrible price for that pack.  Like JediJman mentioned, I think they were $20 originally (or it may have even been $15 at the time at WM) - and if you have a KB Toys in the area it might even still have them.  I know ours did until it closed this summer and clearanced everything out.  I think the Cap in that set is amazing though, a really nice figure.

Yea unfortunatley my KB sucks and only has the juggernaut from X3  :P
Momar and Fester

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 02:46 PM »
I kind of wish we still had some KBs here.  I last few disappeared a few years ago, and the closest we have now is around 2 1/2 hours away.  I didn't take advantage of them while they were here but I'd love to pick up some cheap stuff now.  :)

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 03:08 PM »
Kind of an older question here - but is there any certain version of the Punisher anyone here would recommend the highest?  I know there has been a few, and I'm thinking more of a comic version than the movie one, but I just never got around to picking up a Punisher figure and thought that I should have one in my Marvel and/or Spidey display.  I know there's one coming up in the WM exclusive (Holocaust) wave, and I remember there being on in Series 4 I think - but I thought I'd try to pick one up loose if it was cheap enough, and I was just wondering if there is one version that is "the best".  Thanks for any advice.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 07:12 PM »
All I can remember of the Punisher figures is the first came out with the most accessory weapons, so if you could find a complete version, it might be more interesting.  I think there was also the movie version (Thomas Jane?) in the same series.  They then released it in the "Urban Legends" box set minus most of the weapons.  The most recent was the two pack which I wanted to get myself, but never did get around to it.  I don't think there were huge differences between the first three.  I'd opt for a ToyBiz sculpt personally, though having picked up the Guardian figure today (BAF piece available) I was actually impressed with the Hasbro recent effort.  Nice wave overall, but left all the rest behind since Mikey has his Kang.