Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 76447 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3540 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15 PM »
Found, and bought, the Civil War 3 pack featuring Spider-Man and battle damaged Iron Man and Captain America (with masked and unmasked heads). The paint apps are fantastic! It was pricey at $60 but I recently found an old gift card from Christmas that had about $20 on it, so I got it for a steal.

I just saw that at Target for the first time today.  Not a bad set, but I feel like I already have enough versions of those same characters.  There is another Legends special pack on the shelves - War Machine and Concept Iron Man.  I hadn't heard about that one.  I passed as well - the War Machine is awesome, but again, I already have have a dozen War Machines.  The concept Iron Man was also not anything to write home about.   :-\
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 31, 2016, 03:26 PM »
I saw that set as well. The War Machine is cool but the Iron Man was lame. Day-Glo Orange?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 2, 2016, 01:18 PM »
As far as the SDCC showings go, I thought it was another killer presentation for the Legends brand.  After a rough start when they took over the license, Hasbro has really been firing on all cylinders the past few years with the Legends line.  I recently got the X-Men and Spidey waves from BBTS, and some of the figures in there are among the best I've gotten - specifically the females in the X-Men wave.  All of them looked pretty great though.  As far as the SDCC reveals, we've got tons more on the way it seems.  We've still got another Cap wave, followed up by:

Dr. Strange (Dormammu BAF)
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange (Movie)
Baron Mordo (Movie)
Nico Minoru
Iron Fist
Brother Voodoo
Enchantress

Spider-Man
Green Goblin
Jackal
Spidey 2099 (Modern)
Black Suit Spider-Man
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Spider-Man UK

Guardians of the Galaxy (Titus BAF)
Angela
Darkhawk
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Vance Astro
TBD (Movie Figure)
TBD (Movie Figure)

X-Men (Warlock BAF)
Colossus
Dazzler (Disco)
Cyclops (Jim Lee)
Polaris
Sunfire

Also shown were a new Sue Storm (with Herbie), Mary Jane Watson, Monica Rambeau, Netflix Punisher, Netflix Jessica Jones, and a possible Dark Phoenix figure.  So much goodness, and really hoping that get that Mary Jane figure right (waiting for a comic MJ for awhile now, hopefully classic Gwen Stacy isn't far behind either).

« Last Edit: September 2, 2016, 10:46 AM by Brian »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 5, 2016, 12:24 AM »
I spotted the X-Men wave at a local Walgreens today (everything but Deadpool and Wolverine)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • what is it? it's it.
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3544 on: September 1, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange (Movie)
Baron Mordo (Movie)
Nico Minoru
Iron Fist
Brother Voodoo

Dr. Strange wave is up for pre-order at Entertainment Earth - $159.99 with free shipping.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: September 2, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strange (Movie)
Baron Mordo (Movie)
Nico Minoru
Iron Fist
Brother Voodoo

Here we go with you female action figure haters!  No love for the Enchantress?   ;)  There's an Astral Form Doc Strange in this case to get us to 8 figures as well.

I'm not willing to go the case route this time, but if anyone finds an Enchantress at retail, please grab or stash for me.  I'ld like one to go with my Thor figures as they are sorely lacking any Asgardian baddies. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: September 2, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Actually, since my last post, Enchantress has been added to this wave, so that's my mistake. I think that the figures are evenly packed, although I'm not sure on that.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: September 2, 2016, 01:18 PM »
Actually, since my last post, Enchantress has been added to this wave, so that's my mistake. I think that the figures are evenly packed, although I'm not sure on that.

Correct.  Its the 6 listed plus Enchantress and Astral Form Strange for a full set of 8.  I was just teasing that she was left out of your initial list.