Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281588 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2009, 08:51 PM »
It was Kmart, overpriced as they are.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2009, 08:55 PM »
In the last couple of days, I've picked up the yellow and blue Wolverine from the X-Men:  Origins line and Wolverine, Spider-Man, and the Hulk from the MU line.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56 PM »
The first time I saw them was at K-Mart, and they were $10.49.  Obscene.  I've seen them since at Wal Mart ($8.44) and K-Mart ($9.49).

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Have these been found at Target yet? I will pick up some of these if I see them. I really hope I can find Deadpool & Gambit.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Sounds like a trip to Big K is in order.  Weird that they've shown up under three different price points.  In an unrelated story, I hear K-Mart sales are down.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I picked up a few of the new Marvel Universe figures, and I have to say that I think they're pretty well done.  They are definitely a lot more sturdy and I think better looking than the previous "Super Hero Showdown" figures which were similar in size/scale.  I'm not going to say that they are as detailed as some of the Legends figures, but at this scale, I didn't really expect them to be.  It sure is a much more manageable scale for display (and, in a small way, price) than the 6" stuff - although I won't be getting rid of those either.  Although there is some characters I would still like to see made in the Legends line, I do feel like it had a pretty good run overall - and I'm happy to have the figures we did get.  Anyways, the Universe figures seem pretty well done overall - at least the ones I picked up.  Also, something funny I found while opening these, on the Human Torch figure the cardback is "burnt" behind where the figure was - something that isn't present on the other cardbacks I have.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:48 AM by Brian »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I grabbed the MU Human Torch yesterday ... and a friend picked up the X-MO:W brown Wolverine, Gambit, and Maverick for me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Picked up the MU Silver Surfer...have to say, really enjoy the figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2009, 09:41 AM »
Picked up the MU Silver Surfer...have to say, really enjoy the figure.

That's one of the figures I've picked up so far as well, and I think it looks pretty nice next to the Legends Galactus.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #114 on: March 1, 2009, 08:24 PM »
I've seen some of the 4" figures recently.  I can't say that I'm impressed at all.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #115 on: March 6, 2009, 06:38 PM »
I got the following figures today:

Marvel Universe
- Silver Surfer
- Captain America
- Gray Hulk
- Green Goblin

X-Men Origins:  Wolverine
- Wolverine (brown)
- Gambit
- Maverick

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #116 on: March 6, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Found some of the MU figures at my local WM. Surprisingly, they were $8.44, more than SW figures. I wanted the Surfer and Spider-Man, but I just can't pay that much for these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #117 on: March 6, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Found some of the MU figures at my local WM. Surprisingly, they were $8.44, more than SW figures. I wanted the Surfer and Spider-Man, but I just can't pay that much for these.

I found the MU, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and the Wolverine and the X-Men animated figures at our local WM today as well, and they were all priced at $8.44 as well.  Its amazing to think that we used to be able to pick up Legends figures for $6.88 around here, years ago.  I have picked up most of the first couple waves of the MU figures (and a couple of the comic-based Wolverine line figures) via HTS for the somewhat cheaper $7.99.  Although the price is probably too high for these as well, I will say that I really like the figures so far.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #118 on: March 8, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Picked up the Marvel Universe Iron Man and Captain America 3 3/4".  LOVE me some of these figures.  I'm not going to buy them all, probably about 1/3rd of them.  But these look great even mixed in among star wars figs, like Iron Man putting the smack down on a squad of stormies in some type of crossover dealio.

Plan on getting Wolverine, Daredevil, Spidey too.  Maybe a few others.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #119 on: March 8, 2009, 03:40 PM »

$7.99 at HTS.com is still a pretty good deal and they still have most of these in stock.  Shipping is only $6-7, so if you're going to buy more than 1-2, why not pay the same or less and have it shipped to your door?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today