Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281589 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1395 on: October 1, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Yeah I have heard about the flat finish one.  So far the one I have is the glossy version, but I am holding off opening him until I see the flat version.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 1, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Saw some new two packs today and was interested in the Savage She-Hulk version but couldn't bite at $20.99.   :-\  Also saw an X-Force box set with a green Jean Grey and a red Angel figure in it, plus a Cyclops/Iceman/Apocalypse/one more I can't remember.  Has this been out in the U.S. for months and I just overlooked it?  $50 for the set so I passed for now.  I don't think I really needed anything out of it but the Jean Grey and Angel and the paint/quality of most looked pretty substandard. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 1, 2012, 12:55 PM »
Saw some new two packs today and was interested in the Savage She-Hulk version but couldn't bite at $20.99.   :-\  Also saw an X-Force box set with a green Jean Grey and a red Angel figure in it, plus a Cyclops/Iceman/Apocalypse/one more I can't remember.  Has this been out in the U.S. for months and I just overlooked it?  $50 for the set so I passed for now.  I don't think I really needed anything out of it but the Jean Grey and Angel and the paint/quality of most looked pretty substandard.

Yeah, these got pricey fast.  That X-Force set has been out at U.S. TRU stores for at least a month now.  It always catches my eye, but not really into most of the characters or that price point.  I would definitely still nab a She-Hulk comic set though.  Anyone interested in the Wolverine if I can find one?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 1, 2012, 03:15 PM »
Hah!  Same boat for me - definitely not needing another Wolverine but would love me some savage She-Hulk. 

Did a quick inventory of my figs to see what I actually had since none of this stuff is on display.  Was trying to figure out that boxed set and what I needed.  I don't seem to have a Mr. Sinister so could add that to the need for the green Jean Grey (though I really don't need another Jean Grey figure either) and the red Angel.  Really not needing the Cyclops or Iceman out of that box though. 

For giggles, in no particular order, are the figures I own:

Colossus 013
Gambit (wolverine series)
Iceman
Captain Britain
Mystique
Thanos
Wolverine x4 2 yellow/brown, 1 AOA, 1 blue yellow
Dr. Doom
Archangel
Juggernaut
Guardian
Kitty Pryde
Magneto
Storm (black/Mohawk)
Nightcrawler
Cyclops x3
Cable
Thanos
Jean Grey blue/yellow
Phoenix (red)
Deadpool (single, two pack)
Sabretooth (from two pack)
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Wolverine 1st app
Warpath
Storm black w/white hair
Psylocke
Havok
Sunfire

Compound Hulk
Green Hulk (two pack w/absorbing man)
Absorbing man (fr. Two pack)
Absorbing metallic single variant
Red Hulk
Grey Hulk

Venom first spiderman release
Shocker
Lizard – 1st spiderman release
Constrictor
Spidergirl x2 blue white/red yellow
Spiderman x3 blue red (McF) black x2 (one bluish)
Wrecking Crew
Spiderman 2099Green Goblin
Mary Jane Watson
Venom
Hobgoblin
Spiderman 014
Electro

Black Widow
Black Widow (Scarlett)
Nick Fury (movie)
Captain America
Red Skull
Thor
Enchantress
Taskmaster
Silver Samurai
Crossbones
Warriors 3, Sif, Destroyer
Iron Man 2020
Loki from two pack with Frost Giant
Frost Giant
Red Skull
Iron Man

Namor classic
Thing
Human Torch flame on
Reed Richards from two pack
Silver surfer (white)
FF Four pack (white)
Giant Man Skrull

Yellow Daredevil
Bullseye
Hand Ninja
AIM Soldier
Ultron
Skrull Soldier
Dr. Strange regular
Moon Knight
Ghost Rider
Yellow Jacket
Hawkeye
Dark Hawkeye
Phasing Vision
Power Man
Iron Fist green
Wonder Man
Quicksilver

I'll need to clean up that list but now I have it somewhere to refer back to and it shows I'm in pretty good shape overall.  I'd much prefer the variant Havok and wish I had fewer Wolverine and Cyclops figures but otherwise it's not awful. 
« Last Edit: October 1, 2012, 03:29 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 3, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Heh, my TRU FINALLY restocked those exclusive comic sets (Wolverine/She Hulk and Cap/Magneto) but I still couldn't bring myself to buy that set. I don't have a brown 80's Wolverine but I really don't need another period, and for that reason I passed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 3, 2012, 10:18 PM »
She Hulk is worth it.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: October 6, 2012, 03:06 PM »
I took some pics of this line with the new MK Shao Kahn arena set:

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9797606/

« Last Edit: October 6, 2012, 03:42 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: October 6, 2012, 04:25 PM »
That looks terrific!  Where did you get that MK set?  I could really use one for an upcoming episode of my Chewie-inspired Marvel Universe Photonovel.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 6, 2012, 04:42 PM »
I got mine on tru.com but it should also be in tru stores soon

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12886095
« Last Edit: October 6, 2012, 04:46 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1404 on: October 7, 2012, 02:19 PM »
That is awesome!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 10, 2012, 08:21 AM »
These  last couple waves have had some of the best action figures ever.  Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Kraven, Beast, and Beta Ray Bill are all outstanding, high quality figures.  With the Star Wars line regressing in quality and GI Joe being non-existent, MU is the line to beat, IMO.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 10, 2012, 09:43 AM »
These  last couple waves have had some of the best action figures ever.  Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Kraven, Beast, and Beta Ray Bill are all outstanding, high quality figures.  With the Star Wars line regressing in quality and GI Joe being non-existent, MU is the line to beat, IMO.

Yeah, but those figures are even harder to find in stores than the SW stuff. I have literally not seen a single new single carded MU figure on a peg anywhere this whole year. It's hard to beat 'em if you can't find 'em!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 10, 2012, 09:27 PM »
That's very true.  Although I've seen the Scarlet Witch wave in stores once (and remnants of it another time), I never saw the Beta Ray bill wave in stores.  But I've seen them online for a couple bucks over retail plus shipping.  Not worth it for most figs out there, but for these, I think I'd pay tHe premium.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58 AM »

Yeah, but those figures are even harder to find in stores than the SW stuff. I have literally not seen a single new single carded MU figure on a peg anywhere this whole year. It's hard to beat 'em if you can't find 'em!

+1  The only new figures I have seen are at the comic shop, where they want $16 each.  Guess I'm not the only one jonesing for these, as I stopped in earlier this week and they actually sold at that price.  I know there are complexities with distribution, but can someone help me understand why Amazon can ship me product within two days of ordering (for free), but stores like Target or Walmart cannot get in a single case of new figures for months at a time? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today