Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281556 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1440 on: November 20, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Ok, I'm sorry for not being in on the joke, but WTF is a "Bag Head"?

Which figure is this?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 20, 2012, 02:28 PM »
"Bag Head" Spider-Man is essentially Peter Parker in a Fantastic Four uniform with a paper bag for a mask.  There was a period of time in the comics where Peter had lost his costume, and made due with this.  I think it is pretty cool that we're getting a figure of it, and hope I can find one.

I'm wondering more about the future of this line.  I have the next (small) wave preordered with Prof X, Jubilee, and Blastaar, but I don't know if we know much beyond that.  Also, I see some info has popped up online regarding some of Hasbro's other Marvel lines heading into 2013...

http://idlehands1.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/hasbro-and-marvel-into-2013.html

Looks like, if this is accurate, we'll be seeing a 3 3/4" animated style line for the upcoming "Avengers Assemble" cartoon, as well as 6" and 3 3/4" lines for the animated Ultimate Spidey cartoon.  Also, there is some info on Iron Man 3 toys, and they mention some sort of "cross building" figures where you can switch parts, etc.  More at the link.  Factor in a likely Thor line later in the year (and I'm not sure about anything for the Wolverine movie?), and I wonder how many resources will be put towards Marvel Universe (or Legends for that matter).  I know there have been rumors in the past of MU slowing down/ending, so who knows.  I guess we've had a good run regardless.

EDIT: And then right after I post this I see that BBTS has put another wave (Hercules, Puck, Nighthawk, Nova, and Angel) up for preorder.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:36 PM by Brian »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 20, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Thanks! That makes sense now!

Sounds like an old "What If..." premise
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 30, 2012, 12:21 PM »
I received Professor X, Jubilee, and Blastaar from HasbroToyShop today.  Got two of each, including both Blastaar variants.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 30, 2012, 10:21 PM »
I received Professor X, Jubilee, and Blastaar from HasbroToyShop today.  Got two of each, including both Blastaar variants.

Bah, keep missing them.  Five figures I want off there right now so it would be great if they'd go back in stock.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find them on the Big Island. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 30, 2012, 11:14 PM »
I found the Thanos/Warlock comic packs on clearance at Walmart today for $10.  Not a huge sale, but better than the $18 price tag at TRU.  They had 3 of them, but I didn't buy any.  Just a head's up for the rest of you.

I also snagged the last remaining Avengers 8-pack.  Score!

I'm surprised people aren't more excited about these.  Figures for $3 a pop is just insane these days.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 1, 2012, 01:51 AM »
Spotted the Kraven, Beast, Scarlet Witch wave at the TRU Express that's in the local Mall.  Picked up Kraven, really excellent looking figure.  Haven't opened him up yet but plan on it.

I didn't think the whole wave was there but couldn't remember all that was supposed to be in it...think I missed She Hulk and Beta-Ray Bill.  Still, was surprised to see them because I wasn't sure that the store would actually rotate in much new stock since it's only there for the holidays, but these weren't in the store when I was there last week.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1447 on: December 1, 2012, 10:43 PM »
I keep checking HTS as well, no luck. They restocked Marvel Legends but not MU or i just missed them again.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 6, 2012, 09:43 AM »
I don't buy a lot of MU figures but, as I mentioned the other day, bought a Kraven figure because he looked really cool.  And he is, for the most part, but he's very rubbery and kind of floppy in the joints (other than the knees), the spear accessory was so warped in the package it nearly formed an "S" and his ankles have some sort of odd articulation that really only allows them to rotate.

The MU figures, historically, had been pretty solid and the articulation worked pretty well (even w/ the odd hips early in the line) so I'm wondering is this a new trend in the line or did I just get a goofy pull?

He still looks excellent, the detail on his jacket is incredible, the sculpt is solid, nearly perfect paint and the accessories are nice even if there's no sheath for the knife and I had to boil the spear to sort it out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 6, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Just FYI,

I saw probably 3 cases of this wave at Meijer: 

And probably 2 cases of this wave that will forever be choking the pegs at my local Target:

might not really choke forever, but I can see it taking a while to clear out.  Who knows...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 7, 2012, 05:07 AM »
LOL

That older wave is showing up en masse at my Targets too. Why even bother? Juggernaut was HTF so it's good to see him shipping lately, but he's also in the newer, better waves. Stores do NOT need more Iron Men; most of my stores still have Iron Man 2 figures hanging around, and there's a new freaking line coming up in a few months that will probably have 50 more Iron Men.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 7, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Kind of a mix of good with bad there.  The newer wave, sure, no problem and it gives me hope I might yet stumble across a Scarlet Witch.  The rest of it is full of nice sellers (does the white spidey move?).  The second, older wave has some decent pieces like Juggs, Ghost Rider and Thanos but yeah, too many IM/Spidey things to bode well. 

We have no Targets, but man when they arrive I hope they stock this stuff because Wally is only stocking Spiderman figures now.  I never thought I'd miss the Iron Man movie stuff but at least it added variety. :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 8, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Brent - I've got a spare Scarlet Witch if you still need one.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 8, 2012, 12:12 AM »
Thanks Justin.  I'm heading on vacation in a week so I'll try my luck there.  I'll let you know when I get back but if you want to get rid of it in the interim, no problem at all.  I'm not in a hurry.

:)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 8, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Thanks Justin.  I'm heading on vacation in a week so I'll try my luck there.  I'll let you know when I get back but if you want to get rid of it in the interim, no problem at all.  I'm not in a hurry.

:)

Whatever works best for you.  I dont mind sitting on it another week or two if you want to keep looking.  I've got a spare She Hulk and Beta Ray too if you need those.