Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281611 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 07:34 AM »
Punisher figures

I have the series 4 one is my display.  Never bothered getting the movie version or the Urban Legends set.  I do have the Face Off variant version lying around if you want him, Brian.  I only bought that set for Jigsaw and the extra weapons.  I can't guarantee you'll get all the weapons that came with him as various other figures (Crossbones, Savage Dragon, etc.) have been given them over time.  Let me know.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 10:15 PM »
I hope the next batch of 3 3/4 figures has some villains (GG & BE are Thunderbolts members). I'd like Venom (Brock) & Carnage.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 12:13 AM »
Anyone have some spare ML Ares parts for trade or sale?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 02:58 PM »
The Fwoosh has their latest Marvel Legends Top 10 Vote up, looking similar to other recent ones:

1. Polaris
2. Jean Grey (Jim Lee)
3 (tie). Jubilee
3 (tie). Ultron
5. The Enchantress
6. Gladiator
7 (tie). Terrax
7 (tie). Valkyrie
9. Crimson Dynamo
10. Jamie Madrox, The Multiple Man

BAF: Lockjaw

More info at the linky.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 03:38 PM »
I'd buy many of those, were they good sculpts and within 200 miles of me. 

Likely these, depending on how they looked.
1. Polaris
2. Jean Grey (Jim Lee)
3 (tie). Jubilee
3 (tie). Ultron - passed on the first
5. The Enchantress
7 (tie). Valkyrie
10. Jamie Madrox, The Multiple Man - maybe
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:21 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I'd buy many of those, were they good sculpts and within 200 miles of me. 

I'd get these two, likely no more. 

7 (tie). Valkyrie
9. Crimson Dynamo
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 12:23 PM »
1. Polaris - Not in that crappy outfit
2. Jean Grey (Jim Lee) - YES!
3 (tie). Jubilee - Maybe
3 (tie). Ultron - Wasn't interested first time, less interested now!
5. The Enchantress - Only for the custom toy possibilities
6. Gladiator - Hell No
7 (tie). Terrax - Lame
7 (tie). Valkyrie - Yawn...No!
9. Crimson Dynamo - Why not just repaint another Iron Man instead
10. Jamie Madrox, The Multiple Man - Depends on the outfit.

BAF: Lockjaw

If you want Lockjaw just stand on some rusty nails, or find someone that could custom Mr. Beefy
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #22 on: December 1, 2008, 10:41 PM »
So....does anyone have Blob's ass?

Wally is clearing out this line (finally) so I was able to pick up Jean Grey, Xorn and Juggernaut at $5 a piece (they had Shulkie and Quicksilver as well, which I naturally paid full retail for).  The only piece I'm missing for Blob is the lower half of the body, ergo the ass.  It came with Wolverine.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #23 on: December 2, 2008, 10:09 AM »
So....does anyone have Blob's ass?

Wally is clearing out this line (finally) so I was able to pick up Jean Grey, Xorn and Juggernaut at $5 a piece (they had Shulkie and Quicksilver as well, which I naturally paid full retail for).  The only piece I'm missing for Blob is the lower half of the body, ergo the ass.  It came with Wolverine.

I believe that I do. I got the Previews Wolverine and it had a 2nd one in there. I will look for it. If I do have it I will put it with your Red Hulk parts.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #24 on: December 2, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Awesome!  Some serious Blob ass potential.  Thank you kindly :-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #25 on: December 4, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Not sure if anyone is interested in the upcoming Marvel Universe (3 3/4" line), but I see that BBTS has a case of 12 up for preorder with 1 each of the figures plus an extra Spidey.  I have to say that I'm kind of interested in this line, despite having all the 6" versions already.  If I can afford it, I may give these a look - even just a few of them.  It does open up some neat possibilities for "team themed" battle packs, comic packs of course, and other things that we've seen done in the Star Wars and Joe lines.  I can understand a lot of the frustration with lines like these since many of us have been in on the 6" scale stuff for years now (and this scale seems to be getting more attention from Hasbro right now), but I, like many of us, have always said it would have been nice if they had started off in this scale.  Much easier for display/storage/etc. - and the prices should be lower.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #26 on: December 4, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Should be lower, but I'll guess the prices will be about the same as you were paying for ML in the early days.  Granted things have changed quite a bit, but the price being the same would be hard to take. 

And yeah, I'll admit to being tempted as I love me some Marvel.  But I'd guess I have maybe 100+ in the larger scale and if I could get anything for them, I'd happily part with them for the smaller scale, but it's not worth the effort.  We're seeing so little in the way of stores stocking stuff up here.  The FFF wave did actually show up just this week, but not all of them.  And they are now at $19.99 per (reasonable relative to the US pricepoint, but not reasonable relative to what I want - though actually seeing that FFF head up close -  :o) so not going to happen.  I did get to see the She-Hulk figure from that wave too and I was more impressed than I expected to be. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #27 on: December 4, 2008, 11:31 AM »
  I did get to see the She-Hulk figure from that wave too and I was more impressed than I expected to be. 

And maybe soon you'll actually have her in your hands once I decide to stop being lazy and mail her to you :-X
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Should be lower, but I'll guess the prices will be about the same as you were paying for ML in the early days.  Granted things have changed quite a bit, but the price being the same would be hard to take. 

And yeah, I'll admit to being tempted as I love me some Marvel.  But I'd guess I have maybe 100+ in the larger scale and if I could get anything for them, I'd happily part with them for the smaller scale, but it's not worth the effort.  We're seeing so little in the way of stores stocking stuff up here.  The FFF wave did actually show up just this week, but not all of them.  And they are now at $19.99 per (reasonable relative to the US pricepoint, but not reasonable relative to what I want - though actually seeing that FFF head up close -  :o) so not going to happen.  I did get to see the She-Hulk figure from that wave too and I was more impressed than I expected to be. 

$20 a figure?  Even in Canadian money that's ridiculous.  My Target has lowered the price of Legends down to $9.99 instead of $14.99.  I picked up a Spiral if anyone is looking for a Red Hulk head.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Apparently, this week's ToyFare has a cover story on the upcoming Marvel Universe figures.  Here's some of the information that's been posted on the Fwoosh Forums:

Wave 1
Spider-Man
Iron Man (Stealth Variant)
Punisher
Silver Surfer
Daredevil
Human Torch (Johnny Storm Variant)
Black Panther
Bullseye
Wolverine (X-Force)

Wave 2
Hulk (Green/Gray Variants)
Green Goblin
Ronin
Captain America
Iron Fist

Wave 3
Black Costume Spider-Man
Thing
New Punisher (All Black?)
Classic Iron Man (Winged/Ditko Mask Variant)
Ms. Marvel (Classic Variant)
Hand Ninja

Mail Away - Nick Fury/SHIELD Agent (possibly swappable heads?)

Wave 4
Union Jack
Moon Knight
Red Hulk

Also, for anyone interested, I noticed that ToyArk.com has been doing some reviews of the first wave of figures.  I have to admit, I'm kind of interested in this line.  I've always been a sucker for this scale of figures, and if I can afford it, I might jump in on these.  I'll at least pick up a few I'm sure.  They should look nice next to some of the earlier ToyBiz Build a Figures (Galactus, Sentinel) as well.