Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283955 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Meh - I will pass on all these.  I didn't like the face on the Wolvie Series brown suit Wolverine, but this one looks a bit odd as well. 

Agreed.  I still like the various Wolverines from the X-M:O line better than either of the two that the MU line has given us.
Plus, my Comic Pack Wolverine has two left upper arms.  Wonderful.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2009, 01:02 PM »
So Hasbro has a poll HERE where you can vote for 3 figures to be included in the next Legends two packs (Hasbro picks the other three figures).  More pics of the figures can be seen HERE.  I voted for Brother Voodoo, Constrictor and Valkyrie, with Bi-Beast being choice #4.  I have no use for another Wolverine, Hulk, Havok, Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool and Black Widow (although she looks much better than the TB version).  I want Warpath and Multiple Man, but not in those outfits.  I also wouldn't mind having Nuke, Lady Bullseye, Hood and Terror Inc, but not before the four classic characters I voted for.  Bag Spidey is a gimmick figure and would be better suited in SMC and I have no idea who Fantomex is.

And a big FU to Hasbro for making figures in the MU scale that we've all been clamoring for years in the Legends scale - Wrecking Crew and classic Ultron just to name a few.  It's a big slap in the face from those of us who bought your **** for years and that's why you won't see a dime of my money supporting your new scale.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Ugh, I'm still collecting the MU line and I want a "normal" Cap. Looks like I'll be skipping the first wave of these Comic Packs.

Brian, I saw a Hobgoblin the other day at a local WM, I can snag one for you if you'd like.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2009, 07:37 PM »
So Hasbro has a poll HERE where you can vote for 3 figures to be included in the next Legends two packs (Hasbro picks the other three figures).  More pics of the figures can be seen HERE.  I voted for Brother Voodoo, Constrictor and Valkyrie, with Bi-Beast being choice #4.  I have no use for another Wolverine, Hulk, Havok, Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool and Black Widow (although she looks much better than the TB version).  I want Warpath and Multiple Man, but not in those outfits.  I also wouldn't mind having Nuke, Lady Bullseye, Hood and Terror Inc, but not before the four classic characters I voted for.  Bag Spidey is a gimmick figure and would be better suited in SMC and I have no idea who Fantomex is.

And a big FU to Hasbro for making figures in the MU scale that we've all been clamoring for years in the Legends scale - Wrecking Crew and classic Ultron just to name a few.  It's a big slap in the face from those of us who bought your **** for years and that's why you won't see a dime of my money supporting your new scale.

Thanks for the tip.  I voted Deadpool (never got the first one), Valkyrie, and Ms. Marvel (that version technically appears to be Moonstone for anyone paying attention).  Black Widow looks better than the first release, so that would be on my want list as well.  Did anyone else notice that blackbolt looks like a Thing with two heads?  What's that all about?  I won't be buying any of the others on the list - Lady Bullseye and Fantomex?  Come on.  I get coming out with figs that are current in the comix, but if that's your plan how about releasing US Agent or a Hercules (now starring in two comics) or a decent villian like Crimson Dynamo.  I did like the Hood option, but not enough to buy it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2009, 10:14 PM »
I voted Deadpool, Valkyrie and "Blackbolt" who i beleive is supposed to be Bi Beast, I think the name is a typo. Black Widow was my #4.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2009, 11:02 PM »
Constrictor, Amazing Bagman, and Bi-Beast for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2009, 09:18 PM »
MarvelousNews has coverage of Hasbro's Marvel panel up.  It sounds like Iron Man 2 movie figures will be in 3 3/4" scale, and Spidey is also getting his own 3 3/4" line (like classics I guess).  They talked about the Fan's Choice ML, but said it depends on how well these sell to see if there would be any more.  It seems like most of the talk was about Marvel Universe and SHS.  They also mentioned that the Wolverine line would continue, although I noticed that it hasn't been stocked here locally in a long time (and is being clearanced out at Target).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2009, 11:37 PM »
That Spidey line is looking pretty cool, from the pics they put up at MarvelousNews. Of course I'll be passing on the space suit Spideys and all that and mainly picking up the villains I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2009, 11:58 PM »

Yup, that works.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #264 on: July 27, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I was looking over the Hasbro exclusives this morning, and debating on that Invaders pack, but ended up passing.  In the end, it just didn't seem worth it with the figures (aside from Red Skull) that have already been released, or will soon be in some form.  With all the Star Wars stuff on the way the rest of the year, along with the DCUC and MOTUC figures I'd like to pick up, the Marvel Universe stuff might be on a slow down for me.  It doesn't seem like many (or any) people here are too excited by the line anymore either, and that does have an effect as well I think.  I'll continue to pick up Spidey-related ones, and maybe a few others here and there, but may be slowing down here due to budget more than anything else.  Plus, it still seems silly to have a 6" display, and a 3 3/4" display with essentially the same characters.  It seems these days - at least for me - but it is really tough anymore to collect multiple lines, particularly when Star Wars is your "main" line and there is so much out there.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #265 on: July 27, 2009, 03:20 PM »
The upcoming Galactus looks really awesome and much bigger than the Toybiz version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Galactus does indeed look fantastic, and I think that may be the tipping point for me getting into this line. I've been on the fence for a while, having only bought 2 figures, but seeing all the new stuff revealed, many characters that I either missed or were never released in the 6" scale has made me seriously consider swapping out the 6" stuff for the 3/34' stuff, since I do prefer that scale anyway. I've picked up 4 more of the Universe guys that I didn't have in the 6" scale, Ronin, Hand Ninja, Stealth Armor Iron Man and Thing and I gotta say, they're really growing on me.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2009, 01:56 AM »
The upcoming Galactus looks really awesome and much bigger than the Toybiz version.

He is ... nearly a head taller and significantly wider.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2009, 01:57 AM »
Oh I think they're cool in this scale, I just know better  ;)

You're in Canada, so at best you'll see 60% of the releases, general or exclusive.  You won't see all the figures you saw in the larger scale anyway, Hasbro just won't do it.  And you'll get $2-3, maybe $5 for the larger scale figures in most cases at this point, knowing you paid $10-15 for them.  Nope, not buying new scale.  Just gonna sit here and bitch about it.  :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2009, 10:47 PM »
Heh, yeah, i know we'll probably only get about 60% of the stuff up here, but that can be said about any toy line, which sucks of course, but what can ya do right? I'm by no means going to go completist on this line though , as what I do have in the 6" scale I do enjoy, but I got into Legends kind of late so I missed a lot of the big names. So far what I've picked up I don't have in the larger scale and rather than try to score them on ebay for way too much, or hope Hasbro eventually brings back the 6" line and makes them in that scale, I'll just have a smaller scale marvel collection on the side to make up for what was missed. Like everyone here though, I kinda wish they'd started in this scale too.