Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285321 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #375 on: November 25, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Yeah I dumped everything except about 6 Captain Americas and Red Skull >:D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #376 on: November 25, 2009, 06:03 PM »
i picked up the giant skrull at walmart, figure it goes well with ML figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I saw the latest wave at the Wal-Mart in Tomah, WI on Tuesday.  They had the Vision (looks good, but I had to pass) and Jean Grey (definitely passing on this her after seeing this in person - short and hunched shoulders - not a good figure). 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #378 on: November 30, 2009, 01:57 PM »
Paint issues aside (and this is why I pull all the news ones off the shelf and really inspect the paint jobs before deciding on the one I want), the scale is great for several reasons.

The biggest reason scale wise for me is that these look AWESOME next to the build-a-figure Sentinel from a couple of years ago. Or rather the sentinel looks awesome next to them. Galactus does too, but we all know he should be a LOT bigger.

Anyway, beyond that, they don't take up as much room (I'm a loose collector), can be displayed along other toy lines of the same scale, if wanted or needed for space.

Articulation is generally fantastic. I've had to pass up on a figure from time to time due to paint, hoping to find it later. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often and I have been able to find another one some time down the line with only 2 exceptions for which I had to begrudgingly eBay for.

I just wish that when  new wave ships that it were ONLY that new wave in a box for awhile, then send the refresh cases with a mix of current and previous wave figures. I very much want the new wave and haven't seen any of Vision, Jean Greay, Warpath, and Sunfire.

The price could be better on these too, IMO.  Didn't we used to pay about the same for Marvel Legends just a few years ago, before Hasbro took over the line?  I'm just sayin'...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #379 on: December 9, 2009, 01:15 PM »
Price is what keep me from buying these. I found Jean Grey and the Vision a few weeks ago, but at $8.50 I couldn't buy them. That and Jean looked terrible, echoing what's already been said in the thread.

I might buy a few of these Iron Man 2 toys though. I only bought Mark III and War Machine last time, so I'm kinda looking forward to these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #380 on: December 9, 2009, 03:58 PM »
I have a bad feeling about that Iron Man 2 line... those movie specific lines never really do well in the first place. I can still find pretty much every Wolverine figure on the pegs too. I think it has to do with the fact that they make 700 versions of the main hero (looks like they're doing it again with Iron Man) and maybe 1 or 2 villains/supporting characters. And we all know how awful the case ratios are...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #381 on: December 9, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Are the IM2 Toys Universe scale or Legends scale?  Not sure how many more Iron Men I need from either line, but the Dynamo and WM look pretty sweet.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #382 on: December 9, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Are the IM2 Toys Universe scale or Legends scale? 

They're Universe scale.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10 AM »
Thanks - that's probably a pass for me then.  WarMachine will be a must have for my avengers and I might bite ont he Stealth IM, but I've already got at least 4 different IM figs already from that line. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2009, 01:55 AM »
That War Machine is kind of nice.  I don't think I'll end up with any of these, though.  I haven't picked up any of the Universe figures besides the Gambit figure, even though I thought I would.  I don't see myself starting with the IM2 figures.

Although, if they ever get around to a decent looking Rogue...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2009, 10:13 AM »
I have a question on these that maybe you guys can help me out with.  I was looking at picking up a few Marvel figures for customizing, and I'm wondering what their head joints are like.  Are they ball jointed like Star Wars and GI Joe, where you can just pop the heads off?  If so, are the ball joint sizes pretty uniform, or does it vary (again, like Star Wars and GI Joe)?  I picked up some of the 3 3/4 sized Marvel Legends Showdown guys a few years back, and their heads were a bitch to get off without causing some damage.  Can anyone fill me in on these new ones? 

Thanks.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Huh, I really hadn't checked this out, though I own most of them. I think they are ball joint. I'll check tonight.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Got a quick question for those of you who have ordered and received your Nick Fury Marvel universe Mailaway.  Taking a look at the head sculpt, does yours have the left cheek bone sunken in?  Kind of like someone bashed him in the face with a ball bat, and he had a subsequent stroke? 

It's glaringly apparent on mine when you look straight on at it, but even more so when you are looking from any lower angle upwards at the face.  I wrote into the fulfillment company today to see if I might be able to return it and have another sent out, but if not I may need to borrow someone elses to make a mold so I'll have a correct on for my collection. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2009, 07:40 PM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Saw a ton of the red/blue Goliath and Iron Man packs at Wal-Mart today, along with 4-5 of the Giant Skrull & Bucky-Cap.  I'd love to get both the mini figures, but don't have much use for the giant ones.  Not overly appealing at $27 each either.  Hopefully these will be easy grabs on clearance after the holidays.