Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281574 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #795 on: October 22, 2010, 07:07 AM »
For some reason comic packs are way easier to find and more plentiful than single carded figures, unless of course you're looking for single carded Iron Man, Spider-Man, Colossus, Juggernaut or A.I.M. Soldiers.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 22, 2010, 10:01 AM »
For those interested, it looks like a few MU figures are part of BBTS' current "$5 or less" sale.  The ones I see listed so far are Iron Patriot, Colossus, House of M Spidey, Extremis Iron Man, Classic Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Captain America (1st App), Team X Wolverine, 1st Series Spidey, Wrecker, Cap/Klaw Comic Pack, as well as some figures from the Iron Man line.  Some pretty good deals if anyone is looking for these figures, especially when they are going for $8-9 each at retail (at least around here).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 22, 2010, 11:02 AM »
fyi - HTS has the latest comic pack wave up for pre-order.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 26, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I got Thanos in the mail yesterday from another collector. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 29, 2010, 11:08 PM »
I found the variant Havok and Ghost Rider today.  I hate this line.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 30, 2010, 01:53 PM »
I hate this line.

Presuming you're being facetious, but why?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 30, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Because I'm finding it irresistibly cool and I don't need to buy more of this ****.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 1, 2010, 09:16 AM »
I grabbed Thanos, Iron Man 2020, and Dark Hawkeye at target this weekend.  I just need to find Constricto and Yellow Jacket now to be caught up.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 1, 2010, 12:44 PM »
I did see an Iron Man 2020 at Target this weekend, but none of the others.  I don't know that I necessarily need much from this wave, but I'd probably have grabbed Thanos if I saw him.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 5, 2010, 01:47 PM »
 :-[

So I've started picking up a few of these despite what, a couple of years of saying I won't?  Loozer. 

Anyway I stumbled onto a few cool figures and then actually also found a few older figures I would have wanted.  At this point I'm not being a completeist and hope I can stick to that.  I think more than anything else my OCD was lonely and needed to buy something other than the half dozen SW figures I'd picked up this year. 

Of course now I can't find any restocking at any of the stores and there's a boatload of older stuff I'm missing.  I also see HTS.com is about as useful as it always has been with a lot of stuff perpetually out of stock. 

I have been having some pretty decent luck selling off some of the Marvel Legends stuff as well.  Not getting all the money I'd like for them but I think between the lame duck stuff that'll end up in the garage sale and the stuff that actually has some value on Ebay I'll end up probably breaking even minus the shipping I paid on the other stuff.  Pretty sure I'll keep the Galactus I have since it has zero cost associated and limited resale value with the new version(s) out there.  Not sure about the Giant Man BAF as I might keep the ML series IV variant I also have that would seem not entirely giant to this scale, but sufficiently larger. 

So any good online resources with reasonable pricing?  Ha!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 9, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Never thought I'd be happy about a card-bender but we have one locally.  Usually hits up stuff like THs and UGH star wars stuff but they've started in on the Marvel Universe stuff too surprisingly.  I don't know if it was because the cards were bent or if my timing was just good but I was able to pick up Juggernaut, Colossus and Kitty Pryde yesterday, all with corners of the cards bent.  I couldn't care less because I continue merrily as an opener as I always have.  I also found a Havok, but would really have preferred the classic look that is unfortunately the variant.  I think the only thing eluding me from this wave now is the Archangel figure and I'd be happy with either version. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 11, 2010, 10:29 AM »
EE is posting a bunch (7) of revision cases for wave 12.  Looks like it will soon be a lot easier to get some of the harder to find figures from earlier on plus their variants (I would guess that this is when they are being released).  Looking through some of the cases listings I am seeing:

(in no particular order)
Bullseye
Black Widow
Bucky
Daredevil
Punisher
Grey Hulk
Havok
Silver Surfer
Moon Knight
Jean Grey
Vision
Warpath
Sunfire
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Thing
Hand Ninja
Archangel
Union Jack
Kitty Pride
etc.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:39 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 11, 2010, 02:26 PM »
That is great to see.  Even with the line's relatively slow start, a lot of those earlier figures (Hulk, Silver Surfer, Daredevil) were pretty difficult to find after the initial launch.  I know some of the others on that list (Black Widow and Vision in particular) never hit around here, at least that I saw (or they were blink and miss them).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 11, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Man, great news!

Of those you listed, I need these:
Black Widow (Blonde variant)
Bucky (long hair variant)
Grey Hulk
Surfer
Jean Grey
Vision (both regular and phasing)
Warpath (red and blue costume)

Oh and I need Iron Patriot (variant head)

Man, and how could I forget Galactus...Both color versions

This is a fun line to collect, but man, sometimes the figures are hard to come by.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 11, 2010, 11:10 PM »
That is a nice set of re-releases, especially for me as I delayed so long with this line.  Though it is also quite interesting to see a number of figures that are absolutely clogging the pegs here like Bucky, Ms. Marvel and the Hand Ninja.  And if I see another Luke Cage I'll puke.  I do need a fair number of those listed.  One thing I will say for delaying is it has made the two-packs incredibly appealing to get and I won't end up with duplicates of much of anything.  I'm just waiting for a sale locally as almost all of the sets can be found.