Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281594 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #810 on: November 12, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Where are you at Morbug?  While I personally do not need them - Bucky, Ms. Marvel, and Hand Ninja have been long gone in my parts.  Luke Cage too   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 12, 2010, 02:29 PM »
Where are you at Morbug?  While I personally do not need them - Bucky, Ms. Marvel, and Hand Ninja have been long gone in my parts.  Luke Cage too   :)

I'm up in Canada, Winnipeg specifically.  The negative part is regular price on these is $9.99.  We occasionally get sales though, 30% off that makes them more reasonably priced.  I don't think I'll see these MOC by the time the sale comes around but if you open, then they are around. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #812 on: November 12, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Nice. I still need Bullseye, phasing vision, ms. Marvel, blonde black widow, and red warpath.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 15, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Just an FYI, HTS finally has the regular retail version of Galactus up for pre-order for $49.99.  If it were for $0.01 more it would be free shipping.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 21, 2010, 09:09 AM »
I found an Iron Man 2099 at Target this week.  I was initially going to skip him, but he looks pretty amazing.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 23, 2010, 09:53 AM »
I have not got it myself yet - but I have read a couple reports about the new Hulk wave being found at retail (KMart - possibly Walmart).  Can't wait for that wave - they all look great!

over at marvelousnews.com they have a couple pics plus the info that the file cards are no longer included.  marvelousnews.com thinks that by no longer including the cards Hasbro is trying to save costs - I say it is because Hasbro stopped caring about those cards and the web site that went along with it a long time ago.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Which Hulk is in this wave?  I've managed to find the Green and the Red versions but not the Grey.  And I think I need to take the Green back to the store because I can get it in the two-pack version. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Which Hulk is in this wave?  I've managed to find the Green and the Red versions but not the Grey.  And I think I need to take the Green back to the store because I can get it in the two-pack version. 

The face/head sculpt is much better in the Secret Wars Cyclops 2 pack.  And the Cyclops is nice too.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 23, 2010, 11:32 AM »

World War Hulk.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 23, 2010, 01:02 PM »

the only thing "wrong" with that Hulk in that pack is the color.  It isn't necessarily horrible or anything, but it is a very bright green - which makes him stand out as an odd ball imo.  This was especially true when the pack was first issued.  When it came back around in later assortments it seemed to me like Hasbro did dull it down a touch (I think they added more shading).

I agree that the head sculpt on the comic version is better.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 23, 2010, 02:16 PM »

The face/head sculpt is much better in the Secret Wars Cyclops 2 pack.  And the Cyclops is nice too.

Excellent, thank you.  My dawdling is once again seeming to pay off.  I wanted the Cyclops as well and by not jumping in on this line early it seems I may benefit.  Since I may luck into a later version of the pack, maybe it won't be dayglo green. 

Also thanks Neal for the answer on which Hulk, I don't need that version myself.  It's very cool looking, but not a storyline I'm familiar with so I can pass on it pretty easily. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 23, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Just ordered 13 two-packs from HTS.com for $9.74 each after using the discount code.  Free shipping to boot and an instant collection is to be had. 

I'll have to return the green Hulk I have as well as my regular and black costume Spiderman figures if I can.  I still have the receipt for the Hulk figure so no problem there but the Spidey receipts are long gone.  Hopefully my Wally receipts for other figures will work on those. 

Really nice to see that the Absorbing Man/Dr. Doom set was in stock too.  I'd picked one up locally and was going to hold onto it until it went on sale and then get a price adjustment.  After taxes I paid $21 and change locally so the $9.74 pricetag is far, far more appealing. 

I might have a duplicate Wolverine figure now though, maybe two.  But I'd picked up some cleared out Wolverine movie figs that are similar and only paid $3 a piece so not a huge investment if I decide to get rid of them.  They'll just go in the garage sale in spring at $5 per :-X

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 25, 2010, 04:23 PM »
Managed to stumble into an Electro and a Guardian figure yesterday.  Gotta say I was pretty pleased to find both.  This looked to be an older case with Daredevil (who I probably should have bought), Silver Surfer and a bunch of spidermen. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 26, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Add Archangel to the pile now too.  I think that brings me up to date for the latest wave of stuff that's been released here lately. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 28, 2010, 08:04 AM »
In the ad this week at TRU

2 for $9.99 All Star Wars, Iron Man, Marvel or GI Joe Action figures.