Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281622 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #840 on: December 4, 2010, 11:16 AM »
This may make you hate me more ...

Not possible.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 4, 2010, 11:18 AM »
2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, and a TRU that I hit regularly.  Not even wave 11 has ever put out.  Never even saw the pegwarmers.  Where the **** are these things?

Guess I'll just go back to EE if I don't see them soon.

Found a single Carnage laying on the floor at Walmart though, with everything else.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 5, 2010, 10:00 AM »
I went looking for the new stuff this weekend as well, but no signs of it here.  We haven't seen the Thanos wave locally though either (or I missed it).  Actually, it has pretty much been the same figures at each of the "Big 3" for awhile now, and Target in particular has been pretty barren (just Iron Men and Spider-Men pretty much).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 5, 2010, 04:34 PM »
I've pretty much given up on finding new figures locally. Targets around here got the Juggernaut wave back in August but once that sold out it's back to seeing pegs and pegs of Hobgoblins, Green Goblins and other junk from 2009. Wal-Marts either have a lone peg full of Iron Men from 09 or don't carry the line at all anymore. And I haven't been to TRU in months but they hardly carried the line back when I used to check them anyway.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 6, 2010, 11:53 AM »
We went to a Super Target a little further away from us this weekend, and I actually did see a Thanos and Ghost Rider on the pegs (for the first time).  I didn't really have the funds to pick them up, but I'll be checking back there eventually to see if they are there (or if there is a restock).  About every other store in our area has had virtually the same stuff for this line for quite awhile now.

This is one line (much like DCUC) where it almost pays to just order online.  I don't know if this is a nationwide thing or not, but Marvel Universe stuff has always been very hit or miss locally.  When the line first hit, certain figures from that first wave(s) clogged the pegs for awhile.  Then they stayed that way for quite some time before you'd find another wave for a bit.  Usually a wave or two seems to get skipped, and then you might find something.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 6, 2010, 02:44 PM »
yeah, if you are lacking the 2 waves up on HTS if you order by the case, using the code holiday2010, you can get them for like $65 shipped to your door.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 6, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Really surprised but pleased to find Mystique, Ghost Rider and Captain Britain today.  Annoyed I have to drive fifteen minutes to a different Walmart because the one three minutes from me doesn't stock them, but I guess you can't have everything. 

Looks like I missed out on Thanos, Constrictor and Yellowjacket though.  Multiple man and Team X Wolverine were there but I don't think I want them badly enough to spend the money. 

Can't seem to score on the Skrull soldier either. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 6, 2010, 05:32 PM »

Looks like I missed out on Thanos, Constrictor and Yellowjacket though. 

those are not from the same wave as the other figures you listed - so unless I am missing something I don't think you missed them

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 6, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Cool, thanks.  I was just looking at a list and they seemed in or near the same point in the order.  I'm not really sure what our cases are arriving with.  The Skrull soldier should seemingly be around but I still can't find it locally.  And I've found boatloads of what it ships with.  Now I suppose there could be an army builder locally but it still strikes me as odd. 

Hopefully I can find a few figures in the states next week that are from older waves that I haven't been able to pick up locally because I started so late.  I won't be able to hit too many stores but maybe I can stumble onto some figures to fill some holes. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 6, 2010, 05:59 PM »
What wave is Yellowjacket shipping with?  I must have missed this one.

Did we ever see supposed variants like the blonde Black Widow hit retail?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 6, 2010, 08:19 PM »
What wave is Yellowjacket shipping with?  I must have missed this one.

he comes in the wave with Thanos, Constrictor, Iron Man 2020, and Dark Hawkeye

Did we ever see supposed variants like the blonde Black Widow hit retail?

not at retail yet.  I am guessing that they may see release some of the upcomming revision cases EE has listed.  there are 7 revision cases coming that basically only has older stuff in it that is harder to get at this point.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 7, 2010, 05:45 PM »

Found Yellow Jacket, Bullseye Hawkeye, and Constrictor at TRU today.  Now I'm happy and hate Neal a little less.  A little.

Thanos was gone, didn't really care.  I'd pick him up if I saw him, but I'm not drooling.

Anyone need a spare Yellow Jacket carded?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 7, 2010, 11:57 PM »

Found Yellow Jacket, Bullseye Hawkeye, and Constrictor at TRU today.  Now I'm happy and hate Neal a little less.  A little.

Thanos was gone, didn't really care.  I'd pick him up if I saw him, but I'm not drooling.

Anyone need a spare Yellow Jacket carded?

I need a spare yellow jacket!  I don't care about the card though.  Anything you need in exchange?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 8, 2010, 06:51 AM »

I need a spare yellow jacket!  I don't care about the card though.  Anything you need in exchange?

Okay it's your's.  PM sent.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 8, 2010, 08:59 AM »

Okay it's your's.  PM sent.

Back atcha.  Thanks Matt!